News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Misc. Rumors

Started by MrsRadcliffe0480, June 5, 2002, 03:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRadcliffe0480

Rebecca writes: "When Harry spared Peter Petigrew's life he kinda created a special bond according to Dumbldore. Well, since Voldmort was ressurected of Pettigew's arm, I wonder if that will have any effect, sort of like when Harry's mother sacrificed herself for him... I don't know its just a thought. In hindsight Voldmort also has Harry's blood in him which will probably offset that."
-Similar to the above note, Jeral says: "I think that Wormtail will help Harry later. From the third book "This is magic at its deepest, its most impenetrable, Harry. But trust me... the time may come when you will be very glad you saved Pettigrew's life."
-John writes: "I don't think the Order of the Phoenix has to do with a gang of wizards fighting the dark side, though I'm not ruling out the possibility.  I think it has to do with perhaps a ancient legend about when 2 wizards share the same pheonix wand core,  because Harry and Voldemort do, and I don't think that Fawkes is Dumbledore's pet by coincidence."
-Cathy writes: "I have a theory about Lily potter. She's got red hair, she's from a muggle family. Ron said in the first book, on the train ride to hogwarts, that his mum's got a second cousin who's a muggle accountant. All the weasley's have red hair. The possibility lies that Lily may be related to the Weasley's."
-Michael writes: "We all realize that Harry's father James was in slytherein right?  Hagrid says all wizards which went bad were in slytherin. If this is true than Sirius Black was in Slytherein. The above quote was taken from someone who did not know the Sirius was not really a dark wizard so therefore Sirius must have been in Slytherein. Sirius Black was in Slytherein. Black is James Potter's best friend. I would expect that the best friends which were always together were in the same house. It seems that way. If they were always together they would pretty much have to be in the same classes. In order to be in the same classes they must be in the same house. Therefore, if Black was in Slytherein so must James. James Potter was in Slytherein. Therefore Harry can't be related to Gryffindor because his mom was muggle born. I should hope that if his father had Gryffindor blood, he would be in Gryffindor.  Following this theroy, Lupin and Pettigrew would have been in Slytherein. Pettigrew is definately a Slytherein, adding more proof." [Many fans suggest the movie is proof James was in Gryffindor... but the movie has several other factual errors so I'll say wait for a reference in the book.]
-JKR announced in an online chat that Harry and Draco do NOT team up in a future book, as was previously rumored.
-JKR gave us a cool piece of info during an online chat at Newsround: "Q: Have any of the Hogwarts professors had spouses? A: Good question - yes, a few of them, but that information is sort of restricted - you'll find out why."
-Can Harry have a pet dragon? JK Rowling said 'no' in a 2000 chat. "You can't domesticate a dragon whatever Hagrid thinks. That's simply impossible. So no. He's got more sense. He might get a different pet at some point but I'm saying no more at this moment."
-David gave us some news we overlooked from an old online chat: "No characters named Icicle are planned -- JKR actually said that she has no idea where we come up with stuff like this, though she SPECIFICALLY said Icicle would be a name used in a future book before."
-JK Rowling says, "Magic can't bring dead people back to life," so we will not see a "live" Lily or James Potter.
-"There is more to the Sorting Hat than what you have read about in the first three books," Rowling says. "Readers will find out what the Sorting Hat becomes as they get into future books."
-What determines who gets a letter for Hogwarts?  JK Rowling says: "In Hogwarts there's a magical quill which detects the birth of a magical child, and writes his or her name down in a large parchment book. Every year Professor McGonigal checks the book, and sends owls to the people who are turning eleven."
-On 60 Minutes we learned the Ravenclaw Ghost is The Gray Lady... will we see her in a book soon? Actually, JKR says we already come into contact with her in book 1!  Can you spot her?
-"There is a character who does manage in desperate circumstances to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare in the world I am writing about." - JK Rowling
-We will see a return of Mr. Weasley's flying car, Aragog the spider, Sirius Black, Dobby and Crookshanks!  We probably will not see Lockhart. We will also see a return of the Dementors!
-JK Rowling says Hermione will lighten up even more in future books!  Yay!
-We'll learn about Harry's grandparents in future books!
-We know for certain that Harry will not become an animagus like his father.  How do we know?  JK Rowling has said so in several interviews!
-The secret to Harry's riches will be revealed in an upcoming book.
-A reporter who interviewed Ms. Rowling let us know JK confided Harry will NOT be tempted to the Dark Side!
-Erica has a scary prediction: "Lupin's gonna die! Think about it Peter has a silver arm.  Silver kills werewolves!"
Donald writes: "Harry might be Gryffindor's heir. My proof: 1) his birthday is on July 31, wich fall under the astrological sign of Leo, the lion. The lion is the house symbol for Gryffindor  2) he was able to summon the sword of Grodric, which only a "true Gryffindor could do" 3) it was predicted that the heir to Gryffindor would bring down the heir to Slytherin, which explaines why Voldemort wanted to kill him and his father 4) the sparks that harry shot out of his wand were the house colors for Gryffindor"
-Sara writes: "I have major reason to believe that Crookshanks is, in fact, Ms. Figg.... she found her way to Potter, to protect him, both when he was in Hogwarts and when he was home with the Dursely's.  There has been spectulation for awhile that Crookshanks is in fact an Animagus." [Many fans point out Crookshanks is always refered to as a 'he' and suggest Crookshanks is half-kneazle, as defined in the Magical Creatures book!]
-Spiderweb writes: JK Rowling said that the next books will be "Darker". She said another person to die will be a "special fan" of Harry's. So I came up with none other then Colin Creevy, Harry's "close friend" !!!  [Many fans also suggest Ginny Weasley and Dobby!]
-Maryanne says: "I got info from an editor that Harry is going to be expelled. I don't know when but he also said Harry is going to find another school and gets let back in Hogwarts after stopping something."
-We will learn what Harry's parents did for a living before they were struck down by You-Know-Who!  JKR says this is intregal to the plot!
-Tom Riddle reports: "The fact that Harry has his mother's eyes will be very important in a future book. As is the fact that her wand was a nice wand for charm work."
-ThE iNfOrMeR: we will see an heir to Voldemort.
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

Shuibeast

Where is this from?

some I agree with, but some is just bull.
Soon, the universe will come under my control!!

MrsRadcliffe0480

. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

hpcoolest5

Cool, Mrs Potter, but some of it doesn't fit. Great, tho!  ;D
I'm sorry, Shuibeast, I don't swear. :(
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!