News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Harry Potter and the...summer after 4th year ^-^

Started by Prami, June 14, 2002, 12:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prami

Okay! This is my story. I'm not done with it yet but I will finish it and it's only gonna be in the summer...I think. Well, here it is!

Harry Potter looked out the living room window of the Dursley's house. Two whole months until school starts and he was already bored out of his mind. Because of the...event...at the end of last year, he wasn't allowed to go to Ron's house and visit. He wasn't even supposed to leave the Dursley's house if he could help it, Dumbledore's orders.

Harry sighed. Nothing to do. No one to talk to. He watched as...well...nothing happened. Dudley was watching TV, like usual and would punch Harry if he saw him was watching too. So, he ended up staring out the window. Harry wasn't very fond of this. He didn't want to take on Aunt Petunia's habit so he didn't do it very often. But this morning something different was happening...
Dumbledore's my hero!

Harrys_girl_friend

~* Roxy *~ OR also known as *~ Harrys_girl_friend ~* just call me Roxy!

~* gentle is his nature, never has sinned, everyone knows he's the spirit of the wind*~

~*Roxxann is her name and softball is her game! She's got a homerun on her mind and woo shes looking fine!*~

Prami

Okay! I'll contunue. Is Harry Potter's birthday on July 31?

A U-haul truck drove up to the house across the street with the For Sale sign. Two big men got out and started unpacking stuff. Then, a small blue car drove up and three people got out. Harry's heart leapt. Maybe the summer wouldn't be so boring after all!

"Duddy-kins!" Came Aunt Petunia's high-pitched voice that she always took on when she was talking to Dudley, "Were going to see the new neighbors so put on some nice clothes." Petunia always had look her best and show off for the neighbors. Her and Vernon walked into the room as Dudley struggled off his fat bottom and waddled down the hall to get changed, huffing and puffing the whole way. They had completely given up on Dudley's diet. Petunia said, 'It's too much stress on a poor little boy and it's not healthy for him to eat that little!' So they had to get his school clothes specially made.

Uncle Vernon glanced at Harry then turned to Petunia,  "And what about him? Maybe we should take him along with us...just incase." Harry just stood there. It was always like this with the Dursleys. It was like he just wasn't there.

"But Vernon! He doesn't look decant enough to go!" Petunia exclaimed.

Uncle Vernon turned to Harry, "Brush your hair!" He barked sharply, "You're coming with us whether you like it or not. And no weird stuff!" He gave him 'the eye', "or else!"
Dumbledore's my hero!

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Blah blah blah, read this already... goodness... nice story... you know that, so I'm really gonna pick out and critique your story now! >:}.... Yes, Harry's b-day is the 31st of July (4 days after mine! ^-^), and grammar check in the first post "he was watching too" instead of "him..".  And in the second bit "She and Vernon" not "Her and Vernon", and "she always had to look her best".  Try to double check that stuff before posting (you should really know better! *shakes finger*) Plus, I doubt they have U-Haul in England, hon. Decent, not decant...  Okay, I think thats all!   ;D
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Prami

*crosses arms indignantly* Shui,  if you're going to be this mean, I just don't think I'll post my story! It's not the end of the world if I spell something wrong, and I'ts not my fault, it's Word's fault! AND, I can't edit it so I can't change it! So HUMPH!!!!!!!!

;DOkay! Here's some more story!

When Dudley was ready, they all walked across the street to greet the new neighbors. Harry knew this was going to happen. Petunia made such a big deal about neighbors. She had to know about every neighbor or she would never feel secure. After all, she spent 99.9% of her time staring over garden fences and through windows and spying on the neighbors. Harry had snuck into their room once and found boxes of old binoculars of every color. Every birthday or any special occasion she would get a new one.

As they approached the house, a woman came up to them. She had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hi!" She waved at them, "I'm Sally Willfern. We're your new neighbors, just moved here from California, USA! Nice to meet you."

"Hello." Petunia pursed her lips. It was because they were from America. "I'm Petunia Dursley. This is my husband Vernon Dursley and this is my adorable son Dudley Dursley!"

Vernon grunted a hello and walked over to Mr. Willfern who was unpacking and Harry heard them talking about drills. Dudley mumbled "Hi" and waddled back home to sit on his fat lazy butt and watch TV. Mrs. Willfern smiled.

"And who is this?" She asked, staring at Harry kindly.

Petunia took on a disgusted look, "Oh, him...he's our nephew...he lives with us...unfortunately" She added. Harry felt himself getting red in the face.

"Harry Potter." He introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Harry! You look about Liz's age. Would you like to meet her?" And before Harry could answer she called "Liz!"
Dumbledore's my hero!

*~*Hermione*~*

The name of Hermione gives you a responsible, reserved, and dignified nature. Others may consider you to be aloof and unemotional since you often find it difficult to express spontaneously. They could interpret your quietness as disinterest for they do not realize the depth of your feelings
So me!

Okay, looks like someone needs a nap!  That was not mean.  Do you just want me to say, "This story is awesome!  Post more!" and not give a little critique on what you should fix?  If you can't handle that, then you will get no where in life, lady.  And yes, you can edit.  It's the 'Modify' button.  How is it Words fault?  You wrote what you wrote.

Prami

...Modify? There's no modify. I was joking when I said that it was words fault! lol. I mean, It's suppossed to spell check it but I know it's not perfect. ;D Yes, I would like you to say the story's awsome... but since it's not...I guess you can't!

Some more story...

A few seconds later, a girl came out of the house wearing blue jean overalls and a purple shirt. She was about the same height a Harry and she had strait brown hair and bright green eyes. She waved as she walked up to them.

"Liz, these are our neighbors." Sally said.

"Hi" She said "My name's Elizabeth but please, call me Liz."

"I'm Harry," And just to make sure, he added, "Potter." but she took no recollection of the name. They were muggles.

"C'mon! I'll show you the inside of our new house!" Harry glanced at Aunt Petunia. She had taken out a notepad and pencil and was questioning Mrs. Willfern. Mrs. Willfern looked confused but was answering her.

"Okay." Harry followed Liz inside. The house was just like the Dursley's only empty. Liz led him into a room with fairies painted on the wall as a border. It had boxes all over the floor.

"I picked this room because of the fairies. I'm really interested in that type of stuff. You know, mystical stuff, and....magic and all that. I so wish I were a witch!" Harry's stomach almost did a flip. So she DID know! "But Sally says there is no such thing and, sadly, I know she's right." Harry relaxed. She didn't know.

"Why do you call your mom Sally?" Harry asked curiously, then caught himself. That was too rude. "I-I mean...she is your mom...right?"

"Well, sorta, I was adopted. I lived in an orphanage. No one knows where I came from. They said I just appeared one day outside the nursery." She shrugged "I just don't call her mom because she's not my mom. I wish I knew who my real parents were."

"Oh. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I never knew my parents either. They died when I was a baby. I only have a few pictures of them."

"Can I see them?" She asked.

"Sur-er...no...well I mean, they are...very sacred to me. I don't let anyone see them..." Harry wasn't about to show her the moving wizard pictures Hagrid had given him in his first year.

"Oh" She looked disappointed so Harry cast around for something to change the subject.

"My birthday's coming soon." Harry said.

"Really? So is mine!"

"Cool!" Harry said. Then he added hastily, "I would invite you, but I don't really have parties. The Dursleys are my Aunt and Uncle and cousin and...they-Just then the door opened and Mrs. Wilfern popped her head in.

"Liz, you'd better start unpacking, and find those sleeping bags or you wont have any where to sleep tonight."

"O-ok, Sally." Mrs. Willfern left.

"I'll help you." Harry said.
Dumbledore's my hero!

I've told you that I love your story, that it is really good!  I don't need to repeat myself over and over.
The Modify button is above each of YOUR posts, on the top right corner.  It's on all of mine.  See it now?

Prami

Oh! I see the modify button now!

Are you going to keep writing your story or have you given up?
Dumbledore's my hero!

Um... no, I haven't given up, but I've taken a break from it...  ;D
Keep going!

Prami

Okay, heres a TINY bit more.
tomorow I'll post that part I showed you, Shui. The part that's acctually a little bit interesting.

When Harry came home it was already 3:00pm. Harry hadn't eaten lunch and he was starving. When he walked in. The Dursleys were watching some show on TV and were laughing every other second at the corny jokes so they didn't hear or see him come in. He quietly got something to eat, ate it, and went upstairs. Bored again. He decided to write a letter to Ron.

Dear Ron,

What are you doing this summer? Anything interesting? It's so boring here at the Dursleys. All they do is watch TV (You know what TV is right?). There is this new girl across the street and they just moved from California USA. She's a muggle but she's really into magic although she thinks there no such thing. I'm very tempted to tell her...but I'm holding back. She has the same color eyes as I do! Pretty neat huh? Too bad she's a muggle. Anyway, hope you're having a good summer.

Harry

Harry folded up the letter, tied it to Hedwig, and sent her out the window. Leaving the window open so Hedwig could come back, he flopped on his bed and fell asleep.
Dumbledore's my hero!

Prami

Some more story! Do you like it?

Harry awoke with a start. His scar was tingling like mad. It had been doing this a lot lately, ever since Voldemort had gotten his body back. Since that had happened, the days had seemed darker and the nights seemed long and wary. Everyone appeared to be a bit quiet and depressed. Well, everyone that is, except the Dursleys who ignored the feeling and went on like everything was...well...normal. He tried to convince himself that he was just imagining it all but it wasn't working too well.

Just then, he heard the swishing of cloaks from far away. Somebody was talking and getting closer by the second! Harry caught the word "who?" but that was all he could make out. Who are they talking about? The suspense was killing him. He grabbed his wand. He knew he wasn't supposed to do magic out of school, but this was self-defense! As the...thing grew closer, the swishing and the high picked voice continued. Then, all too soon, something flew through his window and landed on his bed!

"Hoooo,  hooooo!" Two big, bright amber eyes stared up at him happily. Harry breathed a sigh of relief, it was just Hedwig! The swishing was his wings and the voice was his hooting.

Harry silently laughed at himself. He was way too tense. I need to relax! He thought and, for a while, convinced himself, and contently fell asleep.
Dumbledore's my hero!

Gengi

Cool! I've read this stroy before, but not up to this point! And I hope my information
you asked for will help you, further on! And You can always ask if you need any more!

And hedwig has amber eyes, dear. ::) ;D
*~ Sirius Black - My fugitive stud muffin! :3

Where the moon shines bright.

That totally leads you into a different direction!  More, please?