News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Harry Potter and the...summer after 4th year ^-^

Started by Prami, June 14, 2002, 12:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prami

Gengi- Thanks for posting and thanks for the info and thanks for telling me about Hedwig's eyes. I changed it.

Shui- What do you mean by that? ... Well...thanks anyway!

I decided to post more this time!

The next day after he finished his chores, he went over to Liz's house. They still had boxes everywhere but most of the stuff was out. Harry helped Liz unpack stuff again. He didn't mind. It's better than staying at the Dursley's all day long, Harry thought.

While unpacking, Harry ran into a glass cage of some sort. He asked Liz what it was for but all she said was "I'll be right back!" and she left the room. A few minutes later she came back with a cardboard box. Only this box was no regular box. It had holes all over it! She carried it over to him and Harry could here a tiny little voice muttering about being hungry coming from the box. Harry knew exactly what was in there. A snake. Harry could speak parseltongue.

Liz opened the lid and a small orange and gray snake popped its head out. "And this," Liz said as she transferred the snake from the box to the glass cage, "Is Andrew!"

Andrew zoomed around his cage saying "Yay! My cage! My home! I'm back and I'm never going in that wretched box again! I'm hungry..." It bobbed up and down excitedly. Harry couldn't help but laugh. Liz was smiling too.

"He's hungry...I bet," She added, "I'll go get him something to eat." And she left again. The snake turned to Harry, eyeing him. Then he looked around the room curiously. Harry decided to relieve it of it's confusion.

"You and your family moved." He hissed in parsletongue as Andrew's eyes lit up, "You're in England now."

"Oh I'm so glad you said something. I haven't talked to someone in a week!" Andrew exclaimed. Just then, Liz came back into the room.

"Do you like snakes?" Harry asked her.

"Yeah, I c-..." But she stopped.

"What?"

"Oh, never mind. You probably wouldn't believe me. You'd just laugh like everyone else."

"Oh come on Liz! I won't laugh." Harry begged. But she only shook her head and quickly changed the subject, "What's that?" She asked, pointing to his scar.

"My head." Harry teased her.

Liz rolled her eyes, "I didn't notice." She said sarcastically, "No, THAT?"

"A scar."

"How'd you get it?"

"...Er...car crash." He said. He'd have to give some credit to the Dursleys for that one.

"Is that how your parents died?"

"Sure," Harry said shrugging, but Liz gave him a weird look so he said, "Yes." She seemed satisfied.

That night, Harry read Ron's letter.

Harry,

My summer has been...okay. I think you know what I mean. My whole family senses the feeling too but since they don't know what happened, they try to ignore it. Anyway, that's great that you have a new neighbor. Happy early birthday!

Ron

Harry smiled and sent Pig out the window. He put the letter under the loose floorboard with all his other letters from his friends. Besides the Voldemort fear, the summer wasn't too bad.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! Harry sighed and opened the door. It was Vernon, and he hadn't come to give Harry flowers. His face was purple and his vain was popping out like it always did when he was mad (which isn't a rare occasion). What did I do this time? Harry thought as Vernon grabbed his shirt and yanked him into the hall. He took a deep breath and calmed down enough to talk.

"Your little friend just called from across the street." He said between clenched teeth. "She wanted to know why an owl just flew out your window." He paused, waiting for Harry to say something but Harry knew better. This was the Dursley's biggest fear, that the neighbors would find out about him.

Vernon stood there, face to face with Harry for what seemed like hours. Finally, Vernon spoke up.

"I don't want you going over there anymore! And you can't send any owls through your window...at all...ever!...no more OWLS!!!!"

From inside the room, Hedwig sensed that Harry was in trouble and flew over to his feet, squawking madly at Vernon.

"Hedwig, go!" Harry said, but before Hedwig could leave, Vernon kicked him back into Harry's room and slammed the door. The whole house shook.

As much as Harry wanted to go in there and help Hedwig, he got an idea. As Vernon started walking away he said, "Uncle Vernon?"

Vernon glared at him, "What?!"

"Well, I was just thinking. That not letting the owls through my window thing might not be to good. The owls send letters, you see, and my Godfather will expect to get letters from me and if he doesn't, he might get angry..."

Vernon's face changed instantly from mad, to a bit scared.

"Well, then you can send your owl at night! And that's all!" He screamed before stomping down the stairs. Harry rushed into his room to find Hedwig hopping around the room with his chest puffed out and hooting indignantly. Luckily, Vernon's kick hadn't done much harm. Hedwig was, after all, a magical creature.
Dumbledore's my hero!

cho chang

You know, I always dreamed that Harry had a sister. Maybe Liz is Harry's sister!
'music, a magic beyond all we do here!' - Albus Dumbledore
.:Cho Chang:.

Prami

...*sighs*...no comment

The next morning, Harry woke up early. He got his clothes on and started reading Hogwarts- A History ("It's about time!" Hermione had said). He listened to the Dursleys get up, (the TV turn on, of coarse!), and finally to a big THUMP and howling coming from downstairs. Harry quickly got on his clothes and went to see what was going on. In the living room, Dudley had fallen off the couch and was wailing that his ankle hurt. Petunia was trying to haul Dudley to his feet and Vernon had putt earplugs in and was reading the newspaper. No one heard the doorbell so Harry answered the door. It was Liz.  Without talking, Harry pulled her upstairs to his bedroom.

"Ow! Harry! What's the matter?!" Liz complained. Harry locked his door and motioned for her to be quiet.

"The Dursleys can't know you're here. I'm not aloud to talk to you anymore."

"Oh..." She gave him a curious look but Harry remained silent. "Well, anyway, I came over because no one answered the phone and last night your uncle hung up on me when I tried to ask him why an owl was in your room." Before Harry could answer, she took a look around the room. "Ooooo! Is that your owl?"

"Yeah..." Harry said casually. He tried his best to act as though having an owl for a pet is the most common pet to have. "She doesn't bite." He added as she opened the cage to pet him. Harry, however, inched around the room to the closet, which was halfway open. His closet was where he kept his Hogwarts trunk and all his school things. He closed the closet door.

"Guess what happened yesterday after you left." Liz said.

"What?" Harry asked. As long as the howling was still going on downstairs, they were safe.

"Well," Liz continued, "This old lady came from across the street to say high because we were her new neighbors. She smelled really bad!"

"Mrs. Figg" Harry acknowledged.

"Yes, well she came over with some cookies and I answered the door. She looked at me really strangely and then she asked what my name was. And I told her and then she looked confused. I asked her what was wrong and she said, 'Oh! Nothing! You keep safe now!' and she ran back to her house."

"Hmm." Harry said, "That is strange! I don't remember Mrs. Figg being obsessed with safety and I certainly don't think she can run at that age...maybe she's finally cracked-" But Harry fell silent. The howling had stopped. The TV was back on and there were footsteps coming up to his room. This, Harry supposed was Petunia doing her normal routine of waking Harry up. "Hide!" Harry said to Liz. Then he jumped on his bed, pulled his covers up, and threw the Hogwarts – A History book so that it slid across the room, under the closet door, and into the closet. There was a deafening pounding on the door and then it opened with a thud.

"Wake up!" Petunia yelled, "Wake up boy! Make breakfast! Do your chores!" Then she slammed the door and Harry heard her talk to Dudley downstairs in a different tone of voice, "Duddy-kins! DudleyWudley, what do you want for breakfast today sweetiepunkin?"

"Liz?" Harry whispered as soon as Petunia was safely in the kitchen. Liz came out of the closet where she had hiding. "What's the matter? You look like you have seen a ghost."

Liz shook her head quickly, "No ghost. There's no such thing...is there?" But then she changed the subject, "Harry, you're right, I shouldn't be here. They might find me soon and then-" But just then, the door burst open, and let me tell ya, the person standing there wasn't the milk man.
Dumbledore's my hero!

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Hedwig is a girl, and WHAT HAPPENED????  Hurry with the next post, PULEASE!!  What did she see?  Who was at the door?
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Prami

*slaps forehead* I KNEW that...I really did.  No Matter, I changed it!
Dumbledore's my hero!

hpcoolest5

Oo oo oo! Great story! PLEASE keep going! ;D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Prami

...okay! ;D    (I might post a little bit more later on today)

It was Vernon. Or at least, Harry assumed it was Vernon, but he couldn't quite tell because Vernon's face was purple with rage. His eyes were bulging and his temples were almost popping out. Behind him, Petunia's face had gone pure white. She had obviously assumed the worst. That Liz knew about his..."abnormal ness" and she had told all the neighbors. That was Petunia's greatest fear.

Vernon stood there, glaring at Harry for so long that he actually calmed down a little bit. At least enough so that he could think and move, and boy did he move! He advanced on Harry, his arms poised and ready to grip a neck (Specifically Harry's neck...). Harry motioned for Liz to run and she took off down the stairs.

Harry stood there as Vernon's outstretched arms grew closer and closer. He tried to think of something to say but there was nothing to get him out of this one. There was only one thing to do – run.

Harry was very experienced in running. He was quick and sneaky which resulted from living with Dudley for 14 years.

So, right before Vernon strangled him, he slid down the wall, crawled between Vernon's feet, got up and ran. He turned corner and ran out of his room, but Dudley stuck his foot out and tripped him! Next thing Harry saw was kind of like a flipbook with the same three pages being repeated over and over. It went a little something like this –

stairs, wall, ceiling, stairs, wall, ceiling, stairs, wall, ceiling, Liz!

"Harry?" Liz asked, pulling him up. Harry clutched his head as the room spun in circles around him. Luckily, Liz grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the front door and across the street to her house.
Dumbledore's my hero!

hpcoolest5

:o ;D What's happening? PLEASE continue! About the Liz being Harry's sister thing, that's what I was thinking. PLEASE KEEP GOING! ;D
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Prami

I would post some more...but word won't come up...I'll keep trying!
Dumbledore's my hero!

Prami

Yay! It worked!

Five minutes later, Sally Wilfern handed Harry a bag of ice for his head while Harry and Liz told her all of what happened.

"What terrible people!" Sally said when they had finished, "To even think that they would come close to...to...ugh! And just because you broke one silly rule! Well, you are welcome to sleep here tonight to give those Dursleys a little time to calm down. I'll talk to THEM tomorrow."

Harry smiled gratefully, "Thank you Mrs. Wilfern."

"No problem."

"Hey!" Liz said, "Tomorrow's my birthday! You can celebrate it with me if you want."

"Sure...but...what day is it tomorrow?" Harry asked.

"July 31st!"

"But, that's my birthday too! We have the same birthday, Liz."

'Great, we can celebrate it together!" Liz said. The rest of the day they were kept busy by unpacking and making their own birthday cake.
Dumbledore's my hero!

Prami

Hare's a tiny TINY bit more...

"Good night." Liz said as she climbed into her bed and Harry climbed into the sleeping bag on the floor.

"Good night."

"Well, nobody says good night to me! Humph!" Andrew started. The little snake was constantly talking, "Well then, good night Andrew. Good night!" He said to himself. Then he burst into tears and started sobbing. Liz sighed exasperatedly.

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"Um...it's just...the hall light it on. Would you mind turning it off?" Liz said.

"No problem." Harry answered as he walked out of the room to turn off the light. When he got back, Andrew had stopped sobbing and was contently asleep.

"Thanks," Liz said and they both fell asleep.
Dumbledore's my hero!

DRsocute

:D She's his twin! PLEASE PLEASE keep going! Don't stop, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! ;D ;D
I'm sick of being bad. I wanna b good.... I think... -_^

....................Or i can b bad... NEED FEEDBACK URGENTLY!!!!!!!!

hpcoolest5

^-^
I luv Dan Rad!

Prami

*sigh* You guys are too good...or maybe it was just too obvious...anyway, I would appreciate it if you kept reading anyway! ^-^

Harry was unwillingly pulled from a deep sleep because of an annoying little pain right smack in the middle of his forehead – his scar. Oh how he hated it when it did that!

He looked at the clock. It was only 2:30 in the morning and still very dark. As he turned around to go back to sleep, he realized Liz was gone. Then he heard voices in the kitchen:

"Where did I go wrong? When did I teach you to steal things from other people?" Mrs. Wilfern's angry voice said.

"I didn't steal it Sally...just...borrowed it. I'll give it back once I find out what it does." Liz answered her.

Mrs. Wilfern tutt-ed at this saying, "It doesn't DO anything! It's probably just a child's toy! Now go back to bed."

Harry heard Liz sigh and walk back to her room. He pretended to be asleep. After she got back in her bed, he opened his eyes again but he couldn't see the thing they were talking about. It wasn't his business anyway! He was mad at himself for even listening to their conversation. So, trying to ignore the throbbing in his head made by his scar, he fell into a light sleep.
Dumbledore's my hero!

Prami

Okay, I'm going to Florida the day after tomorrow (Wednesday) and I won't be back for two whole weeks and one day! So, that means that I have to finish writing my story AND post it today and tomorrow. So here's some more story!

The next morning, Harry and Liz woke up extremely late. Yawning and stretching they got dressed. Then they remembered it was their birthday and rushed into the kitchen to be greeted by balloons and 'happy birthday signs'.

"I've talked to your Aunt and Uncle," Sally said to Harry, "Of course they denied the fact that all of that happened yesterday morning, but I'm on your side." She said winking at them, "I told them that you would come home tonight after you celebrated your birthday with us."

Harry looked up, surprised, "And what did they say to that?"

" 'Oh yeah' " She said dully, "They didn't even remember your birthday!"

Liz shook her head pitifully, then she changed the subject when her stomach growled loudly reminding her of something, "I'm hungry!"

"We noticed."

"What's for breakfast?"

"Breakfast!" Sally exclaimed looking at her watch, "It's almost 1:00! It's lunch time." And with that, she started making them lunch. Lunch was MUCH more enjoyable than at the Dursleys. For one thing, it wasn't on Dudley's diet. For another, he didn't have to worry about Dudley stealing it, and for ANOTHER, he could watch TV with out being punched.

For the rest of the day, they did the usual stuff – play board games, watch TV, finish unpacking. When they had finished the very last box, they collapsed on the floor of Liz's room. Harry was thirsty.

"I'm going to go get a drink of water." He said, before heading to the kitchen. He poured himself a cup of water. As he walked back, he heard voices coming from Liz's room! The people talking were Andrew...and... He gasped, realizing that those voices he heard were not talking in English! That was parsletongue. The voices inside the room must have heard his gasp because they were suddenly silent and Harry walked in acting as though he had heard nothing.
Dumbledore's my hero!