News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Interview with Tom Felton

Started by Kiara Johnson, May 25, 2004, 11:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

Interview with Draco Malfoy

Are you looking forward to the premiere?
Yes I'm looking forward to it. It should be a good one. My mother is looking forward to it even more than me! I'll be showing her the bright lights of New York. I have been to New York before, but when I was quite young and filming my first ever commercial which we filmed in Time Square which was cool. It was for an American company called Commercial Union.

Are you looking forward to POA coming out?
Yes, I'm really excited about it. It's such a good script - when I first got it I was really interested in reading it. I read it more than once, I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how it will look cos I haven't seen it yet, I'm interested to see if it looks how I imagine it. So I'm interested to see it a) because it will be a good experience to finally see it and b) to see if it's how I imagine it.

How was it filming POA compared to the first 2 films?
It did feel different. It's far more dark and a bit more edgy. It's a bit less for the children this time. The trailers look really scary. I think I'll be on the edge of my seat.

What's your fave scene?
I quite like the scene where we're up in the hills and I was spying on Hagrid when they're about to slice the Hippogriff's head off and Hermione comes up and, err, teaches me a lesson.

Doesn't she slap you?
No she punches me! They changed it for the film. But she doesn't actually hit me in real life. Me and Emma worked on it for a while to make sure she didn't actually lamp me one. It was fun to film as long as she didn't actually hit me - which she didn't!

Do you still enjoy playing Malfoy just as much 3 films on?
Yes I still enjoy playing him. He's the best person to play isn't he? It's different to Dan who plays Harry, cos I actually think Dan's quite like Harry - they're both inquisitive and want to know what's going on the whole time. And Dan's generally a happy chap. But I'm supposed to be the opposite to what Draco is. But it means I get to show off my evil side (laughs).

Are the fans still scared of you?
I do still get that yes. I have met a couple of six-year-olds who were apparently quite excited to meet me - before they actually met me. And when they actually met me they ran behind their parents' legs and cowered for shelter. It was as if they thought I was going to cast a spell on them or something. It is quite weird for me when that happens. Obviously I know it's only a film but the younger kids don't quite get that. It's not how they see it. Mind you, I've met a few 12-year-olds who reacted like that too - the fans take it very seriously, which is good, but some of them think magic is real.

Do you think the characters grow up a lot in this film?
Well the good characters grow up a lot. But unfortunately Draco Malfoy has not really matured yet. His comments are a bit wittier but other than that he's still pretty immature.

Can you find anything to like about Malfoy?
I like his comments. They are well-timed and I think there's a lot more of them to come in the future. But other than that he's not much of a fun bloke is he? But I would rather play him than some goody two shoes any day.

What are you doing now?
Well I'm going through my GCSEs at the moment so I've not started filming yet. But after that I will be back on set.

How do you think you're doing in your exams?
I wouldn't like to say at the moment. Hopefully it will work out OK.

How do you manage to fit in working for exams with filming Potter?
I'm lucky in that I have a lot of help on set. I have learned to do both from quite a young age so it's quite normal for me. I hope I will do alright. I'm not too unintelligent.

What are you looking forward to most in the GOF?
I haven't actually read the script yet, I will read it as soon as my GCSEs finish. I've never actually read the fourth book! That's bad isn't it?

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

:thumbsup:  no problem.  I can't believe he hasn't even read the 4th book..lol  too funny

Fawkes