News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Hogwarts MMORPG

Started by Voursez, June 1, 2004, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voursez

Well, i recently started working at Lucas Art Intertainment, and has read Harry Potter since the first book. I've wanted to see a proper Harry Potter game for some time now, but it dont seems like its gonna come.

So ive gotten permission to start up the project with ideas, and models for a hogwarts MMORPG. It will be a one-man project till i get some proper things built up, but after that we will try to get rights to produce and publish the game.

What i need is ideas. Which elements from Hogwarts should be in? Quidditch? Classes? Dueling? Quests? Cause i really dont want another stupid game, where the main quest is to collect as many Wizard Cards as possible, or learning spells by pressing the arrow keys...

I also would like to know, if anyone has Graphic, 3D, writing, Design or Programming skills, since some help would make it a bit easyer for me.

So please, help as much as you can, and please be wide-sighted and realistic with ideas. If it works, its gonna be Lucas Arts first MMORPG, and it need to be a success.

Thanks in advance

Fawkes

COOL!! Your making a harry potter game? :o :o
Dueling and classes should be really fun!!

Avril

Ginny Weasly

Since they have a big qudditch game, focased on just it. I'd say scratch that, unless your going to have a small part. Dualing would be awsome! Classes, were you don't just do what they tell you would be cool too. Quests, well, thats diffrent, what kind of quests?
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Voursez

Well, i was pretty fond of bringing Quidditch into the game, but as you say there already is a game, which ive never tried. And your maybe right that i should forget about it, but it would be so awesome to kick EA's but, and *I just used banned forum word no.2! Please report me to admin:)* (can i say that?) their stupid kids games.

But right now im focusing on the Hogwarts Building. I really want it to be as accurate as Joanne describes it. So i'm looking all af the books through, to get every detail. Could use some help on that too, mainly the Great Hall to start with...

Ginny Weasly

lol, well, as long as you don't say it often. Well, thats gonna be confusing, because we all imagine it a teensy bit diffrent.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Avril

Evil_To_The_Max

....n/o,I don't ,much like the ea games either,though there new version of poa looks good,I don't think lucas entertainment can make it unless they hook a deal with WB.Right now ea owns the right to making all hp video games.

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)
Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

Voursez

Actually not. EA own every rights to make games, related to the Harry Potter films, not the story, universe and and characters. That is why the games comes out, at about the same times as the movies, cause otherwise, they wouldnt have rights to make the games.

But it will still be difficult, to get the rights, cause i found that we need to get permission from JK's publisher. Though when it will be ready for Beta, in about 2 years, she's almost finished the books, and needs to earn her money on something else...

Evil_To_The_Max

lol,not really,she's already Rolling in it $$$$$$$$ she's richer than the queen of england. plus,after she's done w/ the books she'll write adult series,and most of us fans are turning into adults,so,she'll have a crowd for that. plus,doesn't she get royalties from the movies, movie products, video games? You've got a good point though...but ea also made quidditch.that really had little to do with the movie since they had the world cup in it. just making conversation not trying to fight.

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)
Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

Avril

Quote from: Evil_To_The_Max on June  2, 2004, 06:05:46 AM
lol,not really,she's already Rolling in it $$$$$$$$ she's richer than the queen of england. plus,after she's done w/ the books she'll write adult series,and most of us fans are turning into adults,so,she'll have a crowd for that. plus,doesn't she get royalties from the movies, movie products, video games? You've got a good point though...but ea also made quidditch.that really had little to do with the movie since they had the world cup in it. just making conversation not trying to fight.
did u say she's RICHER than THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND :o :o :o

Voursez

Ok, maybe your right  ;D

But i still think that we need a proper Harry Potter game, and i doubt that EA will ever make a MMORPG. And i dont say our changes are good, but at least we have some experience in MMORPG's, since Star Wars Galaxy, is a well known game. I realy hope though, that this will be without a monthly fee.

Not trying to fight either, im actually glad, that you give me some facts i didnt know. She's actually richer than the queen?

Kiara Johnson

I think, if you want to sell a really good Potter game.  It should be an RPG with a story behind it.  Kinda like FF X or something along those lines.  I mean I think that there are way to many Potter games out there that try and be adventure games but are not...they are stupid.  Give it a good story line and let people fight monsters and gain magic skills and money to buy things to help them along the way.Give it some extrodinary graphics and some cool music too.  Perhaps, if it is a Lucus Arts thing, then the budget should be nice.  

I have played a lot of RPG games, it's what I do, besides my regular job..lol  I quess you could call me a RPG nerd, if you like.  The best ones out there have tons of side quests to figure out and hidden things to find.  You could make the final "Enemy"  be Voldem0rt  and have Harry meet up with friends along the way, to help him defeat the old meanie.

Just keep in mind, the bigest part of an rpg is the story line.  If it sucks....people won't play it.  It must be scary, fun, challenging and mostley, it MUST be entertaining.

Games aren't what they used to be.  People want more than just something that goes beep beep beep...they want graphics. it must peek their imagination, helps to be able to customize your characters to suit ones self also and they WANT to be challenged.

WEll, that's my opinion.  Hope it helps.

luvs-n-stuff
Kiara

Ginny Weasly

You know kiara, I was just going to say something like that. Like Kiara said, let it peek thier imagination! I once played a game were to win it, you had to switch between charactors. That would be cool, because then you shouldn't have to be harry. Or you can be able to creat your own charactor, decide which house your in, and again like kiara said give it a good story line and let people fight monsters and gain magic skills and money to buy things to help them along the way.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Avril