News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Fan scam alert: Harry Potter e-books

Started by Kiara Johnson, January 22, 2005, 10:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

A web site purporting to offer electronic versions of all five "Harry Potter" novels by JK Rowling, including the unreleased sixth book, has sprung up and is advertising online to fans through search engines and ad-supported sites like HPANA. It should be noted that there are no authorized electronic text versions of the "Potter" books, period. The sixth, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," is to be released July 16.

Yeah, well... This kinda things are common. Since we're on the topic, I would just like to tell you guys to watch out for emailers who claim they're one of the actors in HP.

Fawkes

Yes! It's so lame, people just send an email to like thirty or forty people and say they're Daniel Radcliffe and they have started a fan club, asking me if I wanted to join.  ;D

ivy_girl

that's so stupid!
it's amazing what ppl will do for attention.
"'I am the Golux. The only Golux in the world. And not a mere device.'
'Well you resemble one' said the prince.
'I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemlbe me.'"
--The 13 Clocks     By James Thurber

Tweetie

I think that it is sad that people have nothing better to do than send phony e-mails to people.  Talk about needing a hobby! >:( How would they like it if people starting sending those types of mail to them!?

ivy_girl

"'I am the Golux. The only Golux in the world. And not a mere device.'
'Well you resemble one' said the prince.
'I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemlbe me.'"
--The 13 Clocks     By James Thurber

Em

well at least all we have to do is click 2 simple buttons and they are blocked! hehe ;D

But they'll send it using different email addresses... Well, I think we just need to delete them, just as your mailbox is large enough to hold spam. (Like the new Yahoo! or Gmail services)

Em

I don't give my address out to that many ppl, and I don't get that many e-mails... just like 3 ppl, then the spam, then I delete the spam and save most of the others until i ahve 300 messages.....  :P

LOL. Well, there's no need to give out your addy, ppl would come and find it. That's the worst thing ever...

_Lavender_

Yes, it is. Believe me...

A while ago now, somehow someone discovered my address and these people selling flowers and AG-stuff came to my door wondering if I would by their products.. They scared my little sister when they rang the doorbell constantly!
It was quite annoying until I gave them a peice of my mind. I guess they weren't expecting that language and stuff from a kid. :P
Whatever. They never came back...

I suppose it was quite worth being grounded. Mother had heard, and, though she thought it was funny, I still got into trouble.
I love my parents. :P

Now that I'm older, heh heh, I dare them to come back..  :voldy:
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Cool. I'd like to be around the next time you use creative language.  ;D

_Lavender_

A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Em

omg, everytime somebody comes to our door or sumtin, i am so scared i cccidently gave out my addy or something! lol i am parinoid! Nice job lav!  ;D