News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

*SPOILER ALERT BOOK 6!!!*

Started by 0612, July 17, 2005, 01:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*SPOILER ALERT!*
*IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK 6 PLEASE SHOO!*

Ok, Good. What do you think about Snape, eh? I always knew he was up to no good, but I never guessed Dumbledore would die in his hands!

sweetlikepoison

Ahh that was awful. He had to do it because of the Unbreakable Vow thing but he SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE THE VOW IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So, I'm confused about it. Did he make the vow with Narcissa (Cissy lol) to make them believe he was on Voldy's side when he REALLY was on Dumbledore's, or did he do it because he's been on Voldy's side all along?
Official Keeper of All Things Green and/or Shiny aboard the SS Fire & Ice

Ohh...
I wanna put my tender heart in a blender,
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...
[/color]

He killed Dumbledore! He's obviously in the wrong! And even more suspicious: he's hiding wormtail at his house!!! It's all too obvious!

LivesWeNvr_Lived

After careful examination of the contents of the sixth book, I have come to the conclusion that

Snape and wormtail are lovers

Fawkes

Erm.. lovers? *clears throat* lets not go too far now.. :-\

Snape had to keep Wormtail with him because Voldem0rt ordered him to assist Snape with whatever he was doing so Snape can't refuse that..or it'll look suspicious(sp?)

Anyway back to the topic.

I think Snape's gone of to Voldem0rts side.. I mean if he really was on Dumbledore's side he would break the Unvreakable Vow and die rather than kill Dumbledore and keep himself alive! :'(

sweetlikepoison

I don't think Snape is evil. Yes, there is seemingly direct proof for it, but there is even more subtle, hidden proof against it. Which we know JK specializes in.

Let's not forget the Unbreakable Vow. Narcissa is upset that Draco is the one chosen for the unknown task. She makes Snape promise to watch over him, protect him, and, if need be-

carry out the deed that the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform.

At this point Snape's hand "twitched within hers", as if he didn't expect this. Nevertheless, he has no choice but to comply, or risk being revealed. Being under the Vow, Snape has no escape from the deed, no matter how much he wanted to resist.

And what about the argument Hagrid overhears?

"I dunno, Harry, it sounded like Snape was feelin' a bit overworked, tha's all - anyway, Dumbledore told him flat out he'd agreed ter do it an' that was all there was to it."

True, this could be interpreted as Snape feeling stress from his new D.A.D.A. job, but could he really be feeling "overworked" teaching a class he's been wanting for years, one that he's extremely knowledgeable in?
IMO, it is more likely that he had told DD about the Vow, which would more than likely make him feel stressed and overworked.

Also, notice how in this book Dumbledore is closer than ever with Harry? He gives him direct information about Voldem0rt's past and what will need to be done in order to kill him. Assuming Dumbledore knew about the Vow, knew about his death, he would want to give Harry all the information and help he could before he was gone.

The scene where I am a pointless waste of Time! Ignore me. seems sketchy, but if Snape was truly evil wouldn't he have done the Death Eater thing and "played" with DD a bit first? That's what Death Eaters are known for, aren't they? (For example, Neville's parents.) And wouldn't JK make DD's reaction a little more surprised if Snape was evil? Like, instead of "Severus...please....", something like "Severus, I never would've expected....AAARGH."

Hmm, well I guess I'll stop rambling now.
^_^

Ohh...
[/color]

krazykiki

you have a really good point about snape not "playing with" dumbledore, but maybe it's because he wanted to make sure draco got out alive and unharmed like he promised Narcissa.

WAHHH!  I cried!  why did Dumbledore have to die?
why did harry have to be so stupid in the end (ginny and hogwarts)?

i am happy for tonks and lupin though!!!!

I liked the idea of Ginny and Harry! I've been waiting for that for 6 books!!!!

goblet_fulla_fire

Six books? You wanted Harry to get together with Ginny in the first book even though she barely had any appearance in there?
I am a dog.

Lovers?!? I think that's a little too far.

Quote from: krazykiki on July 20, 2005, 07:07:43 AM
I liked the idea of Ginny and Harry! I've been waiting for that for 6 books!!!!
Same. I always thought Harry and Ginny would get together someday.

Quote from: sweetlikepoison on July 20, 2005, 12:43:10 AM
The scene where I am a pointless waste of Time! Ignore me. seems sketchy, but if Snape was truly evil wouldn't he have done the Death Eater thing and "played" with DD a bit first? That's what Death Eaters are known for, aren't they? (For example, Neville's parents.) And wouldn't JK make DD's reaction a little more surprised if Snape was evil? Like, instead of "Severus...please....", something like "Severus, I never would've expected....AAARGH."

You're right. Dumbledore was apparently expecting the attack by pleading to Snape. If he didn't expect it he'll probably bellow "SNAPE! Get rid of that werewolf for me" or something of that nature.

My friend and I discussed another thing: Is Dumbledore really dead? I mean, in the past he would have fought and perhaps killed death eaters before. This would give him the green light to make himself a horcrux! What if Dumbledore has a horcrux, and isn't going to die at all?

Fawkes

Me and my sister also discussed Dumbledore's death..

Do you guys remember Grindelwald (or something like that). He was that evil wizard that Dumbledore deafeted. How exactly did DD deafeat that guy? Well if he killed him do you think that DD might've made a horcrux?

goblet_fulla_fire

Maybe. But I didn't think DD even knew what a horcrux is until that night.
I am a dog.

krazykiki

Thank you!  I love the idea of harry and ginny...even though she barely made any apperances in the first book! 

sweetlikepoison

Quote from: 0612 on July 20, 2005, 04:22:03 PM
My friend and I discussed another thing: Is Dumbledore really dead?

Well, we know he's not gone. His portrait will be there...

Ohh...
[/color]