News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Aberforth - Hog's Head Barman?

Started by 0612, August 20, 2005, 08:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We used to be guessing if Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth, was the barman of the Hog's Head. We had ample evidence, but Book 6 seemed to have confirmed it.

Our old evidence were:
1) The barman was tall and thin
2) Hog's head had smelt of goats

I think I missed out something ;D

Our new evidence (Book 6, slight spoiler alert):
1) Dumbledore said to Tom Riddle that he was "friendly with local barmen".
2) Barman of Hog's Head had attended the funeral. (If you're asking "Who's funeral?", please read Book 6 and you'll know)

What do you think? :P

Jack Chance

...I dunno...It could be anyone, tho...It doesn't sound lodgical tho...It could just be another "faceless" character...
t(-.-t)

Fraphead

um I didn't get any of that when I read number 6 but maybe I should read it more carefully because I was reading without really taking it in because I was reading so fast trying to beat my sister finishing it first.
"Your not this brave at night are you?"
"This is night Dinkey Duddy Kins that's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

KeeperGirl

Didn't Dumbledore say that Voldemort Killed his brother.....

KeeperGirl

No wait i found this on the net my mistake......

What do you guys think Aberforth (Albus Dumbledore's brother) has been up too as of late? We know that Aberfroth is actually the bartender of the Hog's Head, and J.K.R. makes several mentions of the "bartender" during HBP. One of them that stuck out as particularly important was where he was seen outside the Three Broomsticks with Mundungus Fletcher (HBP, Ch. 12)