News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Bad Mouthing Harry Potter

Started by KeeperGirl, November 8, 2005, 10:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeeperGirl

did you hear about that dude coming into a school to talk to kids and that guy called harry potter and stuff?

Ginny Weasly

What? Slow down and read what you wrote. It makes no sense. Explain.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

KeeperGirl

Oh yeah i just seen it myself lol.......

I'll paste a report on it

Author Thrown out of School for Calling Harry Potter "Gay".

Reverend Graham Taylor, a cleric turned top-selling author was thrown out of Penair School London after delivering a talk to pupils and telling them Harry Potter was gay. 
Using a popular catch phrase from popular TV show "Little Britain" Taylor told the pupils, "As for Harry Potter, well, he's not the only gay in the village".   
Taylor's talk to the 12-year-olds was brought to a premature end when the youngsters became "excitable", and was asked to leave by staff. "I didn't set out to offend" Taylor told reporters.

goblet_fulla_fire

No evidence supports Harry Potter being gay. Taylor needs to get his facts straight, and himself. (cause people who assume other people are gay are usually hiding their own sexuality.)
I am a dog.

Ok, that's a good one ;D

Seriously, which Harry Potter is he even referring to? The book character or Dan?
In both cases, we have evidence that they're both *NOT* gay :P

brian

lol he's not calling him gay, it's a saying...

Ginny Weasly

I don't think he ment Harry is attracted to men. Sometimes gay can mean the same things as lame.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

brian

no, he could have used any word instead of gay it didn't really matter it would help if they said what the catch phrase was about but i guess it's something like he's not special?

"Always jump to the worst conclusions", eh?

Seriously, the first impression of the word gay, whatever the speaker means it to be, is still taken to be... well, attracted to men :P

Ginny Weasly

Not at my school, where it is said so much is just means that person disagrees.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Em

Quote from: 0612 on November 21, 2005, 12:57:38 PM
"Always jump to the worst conclusions", eh?

Seriously, the first impression of the word gay, whatever the speaker means it to be, is still taken to be... well, attracted to men :P

I disagree... in my school, the only time the word gay applies to its meaning is when talking about the band/chorale teacher.... Anytime something doesn't go our way, it's usually said to be gay.... so I really don't think this guy ment Harry liked men, and even if he did, it doesn't matter what he thinks, he prolly hasn't even read the books.....

Ginny Weasly

And even if he did, who cares? He's a Reverand, for odsake. (Yeah, I'm not religiouse so I don't take reverands and prists very highly)
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Fair enough... and he's a Reverand, eh? Reverands tend to disagree with a lot of people :P ;D

ronweazley122

Um,guys.Hate to break this up...but in the article,it did say he got it from a popular show...."Little britian." now,I'm not justifying what he did..Because,these were little kids.And I don't feel use of such a word is necessary.But he didn't exactly come up with this on his own,so..please,continue bashing him for USING the reference.Bash the show for originally saying the phrase.
Thankyou,
ron
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

???
First, I must ask you what exactly they said in the show. (Yeah, I'm a little slow :P). Did they mention the Harry Potter part, or did the only word that came from it was the word "gay"