News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Man in the Forest

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, March 20, 2006, 10:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblet_fulla_fire

A man stands in the forest. He has a face that stares at nothing. He is tall, has clean organized hair, and a blue suit that gives the word "high authority." Plants seem to wilt and cower away from him, and bugs and animals stay away from him as if he was waste of time. The man knows someone else is in the woods, and he knows that the person is coming to talk to him, right this second.
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

"Now, one question. Why are you in here? If you have some business with a student or a teacher, the school is right up that path. Of course, unless that business involves hurting someone, then you'll have to go through me." She said, speaking as she came in sight, then stopping ten feet away. She looked at this man, whom the wolves had told her about and raised an eye brow.

She seemed to be the compleate oppiset of him. She herself wore a normal outfit for her, jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt, was sorta short and her hair was hanging in wind blown mess.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

The man stood where he was. He wasn't looking at the person talking to him, but still looking intently at practically nothing. "Oh," his voice was dreading and cold, "you needn't worry about harm. You want to know of my business? You needn't worry of my business either." The man straightened his tie.
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

"I see. Well, I apologize, but worring about intruders business is my job, and although I don't get well paid, I'm afraid I must do what I signed up for." She paused, looking him up and down, and almost lauged aloud. What kind of person would wear a suit in the forest?
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

"You're paid with power. You have the power to send a mischvious little boy back to the castle. You have the power to slit his throat in the forest and nobody would suspect you. You have the power to totally ignore your own power, and let the sequence of events happen to and in the forest as it was meant to be before mankind felt they should do something."  The man finally turned his head to face the female. "Is that the power you desire when you signed up for this application?"
I am a dog.

pig

Pig watched  from above in a tree, she listend intently. this man was extremely strange, but everything that happened at Hogwarts was strange.

They did not see her all they saw above them was a white owl.

Ginny Weasly

"Who are you to question my actions?" Ginny asked, switching modes. Her eyes darkened slightly as she looked at him, a sign of her impatiance.

"Yes, I have the power to send students back to the school, for varing reasons, most often for breaking rules. Yes, I could slit said child's throat and not be suspected, but I would know. I could ignore my duties, and let things fall into place, but this forest is something I care for too much to allow that to happen." She narrowed her eyes.

"When I signed up, it was for my own reasons. Without my power givin to my by a job, I could do all those things. Now, I will ask again before I throw you out, what is your business?" She said, aware that someone was near. She didn't know it was Pig, but she knew someone was.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

(man I have no idea to do with this guy. I just thought it would be cool or at least mysterious if some government attired guy would do nothing in a forest. lets seeee......what to do next...now i have an idea)

"I meant no offense, in fact, no emotion at all to the actions you take, or to the actions you could or would carry out. Now of my business you are so interested in. Before my action on the account of purpose, I am not doing anything, nor intend to. I have been standing here for approximately one hour and twenty-three minutes. Do you keep people out without the account of allowed purpose to make sure of their safety? Or do you keep people out on the account of hiding something in the forest meant to be reclused? Or are you a person bent on following the rules for unknowned reasons?" The Man straightened his tie again. He was aware that he is creating attention, but he understood what he had to do. As he was done talking, the wind started blowing from the north. Trees were swaying and leaves were starting to explore much of the ground.
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

She raised an eyebrow. Seeing as he ment no harm, she decided to answer him. It wasn't a big secret why, after all.

"I don't 'keep people out.' When a person causes suspicion, I ask them what they are doing. If I find reason, I will throw them out. I am in charge of the forest, and the rules are rules I made."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

The man understood Ginny's words. The wind suddenly became stronger, affecting the plants and trees and everybody around them. Strangely, it didn't affect the man. There wasn't even a ripple in his suit. He gave Ginny a neutral look. "Are you ready, Ginny?"
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

She gave him a puzzled look. She had felt the wind, but could stand her own against it. Besides, what the hell did he mean?
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

The man still gave Ginny the neutral look. "There are people present in this vicinity. They leave, they don't go with you. They don't leave, they come with you. Your choice, Ginny. Your choice."
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

She narrowed her eyes once again.
"What are you playing at?" She asked, suddenly. She had understood what he said, but why was he saying it?
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

goblet_fulla_fire

"Are you ready to face what is going to be layed before you? Saying no will bring you only so little time." The wind was getting very unsteady now. All the trees were swaying and there was basically a tornado of leaves around. The only thing not moving was the man, who just stood there like a paperweight.
I am a dog.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny didn't move, except her hair. She stayed where she was simply because her magic held her down.

"I don't know who you are, or what your game is, but you better listen. I know my future, and although I don't like it, I've accepted it. I don't need you to tell me."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret