News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Looking Back

Started by ~Harry Potter~, September 16, 2006, 06:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naroto Mashima

I wasn't here for anywhere near as long as you guys.
However, I remember Ginny taught me how to RP, and become literate.
I became myself, and this was the place that taught it to me.

Neo and Lavy were always up on the "Chain" and I was at the bottom.
Ginny was always nice to me, and Neo was a jokester.
I never really knew Kiara very well, neither Fawkes.

This place was kinda like where I'd go to cheer up.
Al is back on HPFF.

Neville all the way!

dobby888

i just joined like this week so i havent gotten that manny posts done (as you can tell...) but its amazingly funn!!!

HermioneFan

^^ lol are u joking?! U have more than 500 posts! I have like 100 and i joined last month :( Last month i remember more activeness in the members... more posting mostly :)

dobby888

but i said that on august second..... its the 14th now.

fudge0604

Quote from: ateenangel on April 12, 2007, 05:21:22 AM

I was pretty childish back then. (In my defense, I was eleven. ;)) I remember trying to seem older than I was.

P

Hehe when i read this my face got a littel bit read........ :P :P ::)

Post Potter depression.

HermioneFan

Quote from: dobby888 on August 15, 2007, 01:37:04 AM
but i said that on august second..... its the 14th now.

u still have over 500 posts ;)

dobby888

yeah but if you join enough posts, thats easy as pie!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm shooting for 1000 soooo I don't know how long that will take, but if I keep joining posts, then it shouldn't take much longer. ;D ;D

~Harry Potter~

Wow, I come back after talking to Ginny and I want to weep for this site.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

No offence but I am glad that I left when I did.  I could see the path this site was going down, and now I can see I was right.  The characters are new, not models of the book characters, but they are small and poorly written.  There is a saying to let your character 'grow' on a forum...but there should still be a basis for that to grow down.  I know that my bio here, it 'is' still here, is not much bigger, but that is because I chose to ignore a history and a description, since mine was so well known.  Why type something out when everyone knows it. 

I come back to see all of these...people based off of High School Musical?!  Okay, that is worse then stealing from HP, at least then you are stealing cannon characters...not cannon characters from another series that has nothing to do with this site. 

If you would post like you do now, with Lavender, with Kiara, with Max, you would never be able to keep up.  They wrote such long and descriptive posts, that added great detail and entertainment to the thread.  A forum is supposed to age like fine wine, with the older ones, getting the new people to post longer, post better, but this place is ageing like old sweat socks.

I weep for this site, since the Harry Potter Fan Forum, that I know, started on, and loved, is gone. 

RIP HPPF of Olde

They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

ChoChangHP118

I joined about a year ago. It was interesting for me then just being able to express my writing without a care. Until i started reading the old posts with Ginny and you and the others. Now I'm trying to avoid these High School Musical characters. I understand why Ginny gets so angry. It is sad and i agree with you. I just wish I could have joined back then, when posts took up a page instead of these one liners. I feel bad for the likes of Ginny, after reading the older threads where you guys make fun of one liners I have greater respect for her and anyone else from back then that has stayed or come back, now she and some others have to post one liners How sad, I love posting longer threads, it makes it more interesting...I like some of you High School Musical characters, just when I'm looking for a random laugh. When i want to be serious about posting good threads, its hard now a days to find anyone who is willing to post long.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

~Harry Potter~

Here is how a RP should be...I believe this is one of the last RP's before I left...

A New Headmistress

ChoChangHP118

Those were the days that I so wish I could have been apart of. You guys were able to make it seem like you were all one big family. Now a days people are just so different. Man I wish I could have been apart of those RP's...
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Xaver

I joined in August 2005.
I'm not a n00b anymore, I suppose, no? ;D Eesh, I feel ancient.

Harry, you should come back, and RP! Help revamp this place. XD
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

~Harry Potter~

Nah, I cannot, I am on other forums now, but I must admitt, I will never forget this place. BUT!  If you ever need a place that has a bit more...'substance' hit me up or bug Ginny to get me.  I belong to a very nice school site that is past teh bumpy stages of new birth and finally hit its stride.

But, just for you guys, and to show how it is done, I will post in one last RP ^^

fudge0604

I read that RP.... I wish I joined then. It would have been fun to be here then.
And now I also understand why Ginny is mad. I will improve. That is a promise to myself and all of you, who are reading this.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

From what I saw of your past posts, you seem to be really getting better at the language.  And with that your posts will become better.  I see potential in you yet though.  You will eventually get all the finer touches of the English Language such as the rules for certain past rules.  (There are a lot, so just take your time, lots of special cases and stuff)

But even with all of that going against you I can see that you try to post longer, at least a paragraph or a bit less if you don't got much.  Good posts overall though.