News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Looking Back

Started by ~Harry Potter~, September 16, 2006, 06:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Harry Potter~

Looking back at the site, I can't believe how much it changed.  I wasn't even here for the age of .:~*Shuiliya*~:. but when I joined, the site was really different.  The site was pretty much run by Kaira, Max, Ginny, Lavender, Isis, Brian, Zack, myself and Ron.  Now look at it, most of the veterans have left leaving on me and Ginny and now just returning Kiara and Max -cheers- Now our charries are grown and somewhat forgotten.  Now, a new gaggle of kids run the school and we are left in the dust.  Does anyone else have memories of the old HPFF?  And what was it like when you joined?

For me I would have to say that I joined in the time of Kiara and the Shadow.  When I first joined the Harry postion was vacant and I was lucky enough to get it.  And Kiara helped me adjust to the new idea of the books, all written by herself that became law during her time here before the absence.  That was a major time and Kaira, you leaving marked the new age that we are now living in here. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Ginny Weasly

I remember the first person who talked to me. It was Ron, he sent me a message, and as a joke put "How are you, sis?" I can still remember my first thread, and the few after that that helped shape my character into who she is, how she acts. I remember how badly I used to type, and still do sometimes!

Kiara, being the saint she is, made room for me in her RP's. Lavender, with her wonderful kindness, had patience for me! People took time to help me when I was stuck. People gave me time to reply before the topic was long gone. Someone was almost always on. I miss the old forum.

However, I do like the new way some things are done. I used to spend two hours on here everyday, and as aresult, I didn't get outside much. Now I spend a few minutes unless someone is on and we begin to have fun.

Because of everyone, I've gotten much better at my spelling, typing, and grammar. I can think up a story for English and have it written out--with few mistakes-- faster then a lot of kids in my class. I've learned stupid little facts, that really don't matter. I have fun.

And let's not forget what drew us all her in the first place. Our love of reading and watching Harry Potter. Our love of discussing theories for the storyline, cutting the movies down, forming our opinions.

I really love this place, and though I may not be on as much as I used to--I bought a life!!-- I will always take out at least five minutes to check and see who's on.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

OMG!  Do I have memories?? I WAS here in the age of Shui... god how I miss her and Em and Hermione (The first one)  d**n, Ron and Draco (Ryan)  Man I do miss them all so much, I so wish they would return for at least a time.

I a, here, have always been around, I just wasn't posting for quite some time, after Max left, Kiara really had no future, but then, I also had so many thing happen in my own personal life that made being on HPFF a bit hard, well, ok then, really hard.

I as well, have grown and started my own sites to R/P in as the restrictions here left me little to grow with so I had to find more, and so I did.

I think however, that this site has been and always will be my 'home' It was what got me started in my r/p and it gave me a good outlet for my writing.  Without it, I would have probably never even shared my writings with the world.  NEVER.  I mean, I had no idea that there could be so many writers out there that loved and or had the passion that I do for what I do.  This place.. HPFF gave me that free rain to do as I pleased, to make myself known. 

My fondest memories are of the simple chats I would have with people.  I remember gaining the authority from Shui to give out them purple elephants to the newbies, it was one of the saddest and happiest days in here.  I was to take over where she had left off, and now... we don't even give them anymore.. but meh, I 'supose times must roll on.

I really do mean it when I say I love you all, I hope you all know that... I really do, you have been my escape from reality, my friends, my 'people'  you all are the ones who helped me stay happy when things were REALLY down for me, you have been the ones who have (unknowingly) helped bring me up from a point of dread so deep that I was lost, you all have been my heroes in so many ways I couldn't even begin to describe.  YES.. HPFF is my HOME.

I love you all

Huggles always and foreva
~K~

Kiara Johnson

OH and a little PS here

I plan on begining a total NEW erra too just start reading, and we will soon understand. heehee 

_Lavender_

pSHA! My, the memories...

Wow.
To think where I would be right now, without HPFF. I have stated many times before, IC, 'friends are the life that holds this character together'. That statement is both true for Lavender, my first, foremost, and most endeared character of mine, to my heart, and me, myself, as well. I remember the times where it was proven to me, again, and again, that there actually was kindness out there in this world.

I remember when I started off.
HPFF was the starting point for me. For all and any of my ideas, writings, and such. Had I not gotten enough courage to join, and without the patience, acceptance, and kindness of the other members - I would not have progressed. And most definately, utterly NONE of my writing would ever leave the confinements of this brain mine.

Because of the old member's influence, I look at the change in the writing of the forum, my own.. I am dazzled. Truly.
When you think about it, HPFF was, and is, simply a great thing. The getting together and just writing, imagining, letting loose of ideas and creativity.
HPFF was my start. And my outlet.  I learned, created anew from a shell of a character, to a character that I now love with all my heart. Ask any writer - the characters they create are like their children! After a while I branched away, created and joined some other forums to extend in different areas..

I never could, never did, actually leave HPFF.
There were a few spells in which I simply could not get online... but HPFF, is also my HOME.

I remember Isis, Kiara, Max, Zack, Xaver, {Osiris moved away =<} Ginny, the old Hermione, Ella, Sebastian, Draco{Ryan}, Brian, Harry, Sher, Emily, Ron, Meg, Fawkes, Goblet, 0612, Josh, Neo, LavyBrown, Damion..+++

I RP'd most with Isis, Kiara, Brian, Harry, Damion, Ella and of course, Ginny. RP'd the most with Gin. =>

I love this place..
Love you all, forever.

-Lav.
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is â€¢Lavender•

pig

I remember those little purple elephant's hehe i still have mine its saved on my computer.

When i first came here  (i think about two years ago,it maybe more) all of the members that were on made me feel welcomed particularly Ginny, Lavender, Harry and kiara. This site was the first forum i had ever joined  I did join others but none of seemed as good and spacial as this one.

Through this site I have learned about many diffrent cultures as many of us come from all across the world.

I remember when I was a newbie and how i knew nothing about RP,o how things have changed and how Ginny helped me form my character and her powers.

This site its self has changed quite a lot, i still miss the black layout for the forum it was the best.

Kiara Johnson

Lol, oh yes, I just can't help but post again in this one, man this is perhaps one of the greatest ideas for a thread I can think of, great job Harry!  And a purple elephant for your imagination on this one too. Heehee

I remember all of you, when you first came in here, I remember welcoming each and everyone of you, I truly wish I could still hand out them purple elephants for really again, it was so much fun coming up with way to present them, I truly miss it.. a lot.

But now, on to what else I truly wanted to reminisce about and that is a couple people Lavender has mention, one being my bestest friend in the world Sebastian aka Josh, the other is Damien, I miss him so much... and Ella OMG how could I forget about her, Josh is still head over heals for that girlie. Heehee.    Heck I truly do miss them all, Brian, as I have mentioned in me new story, I really wish he'd come grace us again too.

Alas, I do tend to ramble quite a bit and so, will say ttyl cuz I know someone is bound to post something else in here that I will want to comment,

Huggles Always
~K~

admin

The Purple Elephant still resides on HPFF in http://www.harrypotterfan.com/forum/Smileys/secret/ along with all the other little gifs, unfortunately after a major upgrade some years back the plug-in code that made it easy to enter them was overwritten. Anyhow just click on the image you want and copy and paste the URL into your post using the insert image button. It's really great to read some of these "looking back posts", such a cool topic guys :)

Kiara Johnson

Glomps and then huggles Admin muchly for the elephants and much much more.  I so wubs you. heehee

Huggles always
~K~

goblet_fulla_fire

I remember this site. Long time ago. I suppose the reason I liked it so much is because it was the first forum I participated in daily. RP's were fun, but they were slowly getting boring. I remember I looked down at the keyboard when I started participating in the forum, now I haven't looked down at the keyboard for awhile now.

I thought that all members on HPFF were cool. But as I began exploring the forum, I saw lots of childish stuff. What bothered me was the grammatical and spelling errors people would type. I especially didn't like it when people typed "lol" or "rofl." Then I learned it's common throughout the net that people didn't type like they are litterate and I gradually accepted it.

Lavybrown and I posted many times in a few particular topics, mostly because we both had DSL. I didn't like that I did that because it seemed so... I don't really know. It just bothered me.

I remember how many people went off topic, especially in Harry Potter Mistakes 3. People would try to stay on topic, but I suppose it was practically enevitable that posts would eventually go off the subject.

I'll admit that I didn't get along with a few members. One that NOBODY got along with is Banastre, since he added spoilers and spammed. He apologized, but I know that he is going to get a hold of the seventh book, and come back and do what he did before.

I didn't get along with Neo. Then I didn't get along with Ginny and Em. Then I realized I didn't like Lavy as much anymore, mostly because internet chatting is really inpersonal. I didn't like Jon Weasly (I will not say why.) 0612, Lavender, and Josh Weasley were cool, but they weren't at HPFF much. So how could I keep coming to this site? I couldn't really. So I went to another forum.

A year or so later, I came back here. It didn't change much. In fact, apart from the new posts and topics, it was as exactly as I left it.

No matter. This was the first forum I really liked, and I will always remember the good times here.

Goblet
I am a dog.

LavyBrown

Yep I pretty much feel like goblet. I've been here for over a year:

Three layouts, at least a hundred new people, most of then have never come back, over 13,000 posts. Dang, It seems like forever ago that I wrote my first topic. I miss the fun of this forum, it seems like everyday it dies a little more. It's lost it's spunk. Oh well. I remember the first person who talked to me was Josh Weasly, I miss him, he barley comes on anymore. There are so many old people who don't come on anymore.

I think they could come back more often, it would make coming here even cooler. I use to be here all day long, but now I come once every three days if I'm lucky. We're all getting older, some of use now in high school and other in university. I just hope some day soon we're all on at the same time and can talk.

I miss you all

Lavy B.
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

ateenangel

Wow, the site had changed quite a bit since the last time I visited... in 2004. :) The layout is different, the new home page is gone, and I barely recognize anyone. I started back in the "age of Shuiliya," so I do kind of remember Ginny, Lavy, Lavendar, first Hermione, Kaira, MrsRadcliffe0480, emily824, etc. This was my first favorite internet site. I'd spend hours online posting. My dream was to get 500 posts. This site even inspired my first ever fanfiction. (It was awful! ;D Reading it now, I have the desire to run and hide.)

I was pretty childish back then. (In my defense, I was eleven. ;)) I remember trying to seem older than I was and using "sux." (How embarresing...) Still, this was my favorite site for nearly two years, so I've got a lot of great memories. :-*

P.S. Yes, I remember the purple elephants. I still have mine saved. ;D

P.P.S. Ah yes, and I listed my age as 999.

P.P.P.S. One of you ought to make a facebook group for all of us who grew up on HPFF. (I don't think I'm notorious famous enough, too. ;D)

Ginny Weasly

I took ateenangel's advice. If you are on facebook, join this group!

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2534445509
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

cho chang

ah yes. I first joined when i was only ten or eleven, i think. I still had the illusion that Hogwarts was going to send me a letter  ;D
Back then the character Cho Chang was still not despised, and i thought it was soo cool to be her.
The site has changed so much now, haven't been on for quite a while. i think it's changed for the better.
'music, a magic beyond all we do here!' - Albus Dumbledore
.:Cho Chang:.

Fawkes

Ah.. HPFF.

My first forum ever! For me, this forum is like my hometown on the internet.. where I began my journey. :)

Ella, journal415, Lavender, Neo, Ginny and the rest of you guys, I'll never forget you.  :-*