News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Looking Back

Started by ~Harry Potter~, September 16, 2006, 06:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

Yes I totally agree. I don't consider you a 'newbee...' only a short period of time did I because of the fact that you were new to the site. Ha, I find great irony in that. Anyway, I think you are good at posting, better then me half the time that's for sure. = )
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

fudge0604

I just want to share my experience now and how HPFF was when I came...

I joined last Summer, July( Or August).
Then a lot of more people was here. For those who can remember them:
Cho, Sky, Blaze ( He is on sometimes but not much) And others that not are so active today.
It is, in fact, depressive looking at this site and then, comparing it to the site when I came here.
Yes, one liners was a big part of the site but the site was more 'alive' .

Jessie, Blaze, Cho and Draco, was some of the people that welcomed me.
We had these fun topics of duels, and what that had happened with death eaters and so on.
This was the place I was at least two hours a day. My first forum.
I loved this place and Rp like h**l. It was really fun here, and you could join a topic and just post.

Now, people don't come here so much. I believe that it may is connected to that it is winter and not so much freetime, with homework and other freetime activities. And a lot of older people is here, who are at college or at an university. I've looked over it and have seen ( As others too have) That Summer time is the time when most new people come, and stay. It is also when the most posts is submitted to HPPF. So I can't wait what Summertime brings.

I hope that HPPF will come back to itself, and it would have been fun to be here when all of these oldies whas here.

Sincerely, Albus

Post Potter depression.

Shara2007

Well I do go to college and I get on when ever I have a chance.

I used to feel as if Sarah really fit in with everyone. I mean you had Ginny and Lavy taking me under there wing as the one that need help with powers. I don't even seem to post with them or see them on any more.

Then you had the awesome 4.  :'( :'( :'(  (I miss ya.) I mean it was Me, Cho, Devon, and well Sirius. I don't ever see them on any more. I remembered when we would stay up till like 2 in the morning sometimes posting and they were not one liners when we could. I mean I missed those days. I mean we were all different but seem to never fight. Sarah was the one that did not know as much magic but would do what every she could to protect them. Sirius was the love of her life. then you had Cho, What is there to say about her. She rocked she was one of my best friends. I don't know much about Devon he just slid in when him and Cho hooked up.

Then there was this one he should have been added to our four except for one reason. I was a muggle-born. Yes I'm talking about Draco. I bet if Sarah would have been a pure blood things might have worked out. I think thought that it was fun back then having an enemy. This allowed for me to have someone to pratice my new tricks on. How many times have I did something to him and he went and tattled to Snape and did not get in trouble. I mean no one believed I could do it. So well we might try to heal up the wombs we have but I know one thing. I'm glad that he never left and wanted me to say. I mean he was a great fish. (inside joke between us).

Then there the older of the newer group. You have Jessie, Blaze, Albus, and Mira. Out of all them I think I still post with Jessie and Albus the most of everyone besides well Draco. I remember when they first joined and well we were still a normally post. I mean we would go to class, eat in great hall. Man we even had our own little Quiddich matches. Witch we all know I was the best. One thing that I remember and well I know that it made me first think do I want to post with Vanessa was that before she came Blaze and Jessie were dating. That made it hard because instead of them breaking up and everyone knowing. I had to post with Jessie and realize that it just happened. I know some of the behind the post things going on with a certain 2 people and well I hope they will realize they like each other and hook up. I mean and keep posting I miss it.

Then there you other noobs. I mean everytime a new group join it changes. I was not expecting it to turn from the classes, eat, praticing Quiddich, and hang out at hogmead to parties all the time. I mean it is fine. I just as if though ya are never in class or praticing.

So if your new then then group I'm talking about and wonder why Sarah seems so mean it is because her best friend it no longer here. The one that she loves is not on as much.(I do not blame you ok. I miss you though.) Then I really do not want to be part of the group that makes this site just a party site. I miss it when we had classes, the common rooms for when we just wanted to sit and hang with friends. I remember post and saying I was sitting out side the common room door because of the fact that I forgot the password. Then I would run into Draco coming up and we would get into it about how he should not be up here. Then I some how not know why turned him blue. So that why Sarah is always out praticing her powers, or working at her shop after graduating, well even working in the Ministy of Magic. I don't want to be the one in every dance. So that why she seems upset and alone all the time.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

ChoChangHP118

I don't remember this day how i found this website but no matter what began has begun and hopefully it won't end anytime soon.
Upon arriving at this website i was a newbee, a big one too. I used to many exclamation points when ending my sentences, i posted without thinking, I didn't use proper spelling and punctuation (etc.), I didn't have just one character, and I did so much more that would mark me a very BIG newbee.

I met Cho when I posted in her name on the first day (She didn't take to kindly to that) and shortly later I met Sarah. I miss the old days too how I remember them so well. My mom literally would come down stairs to the computer and disconnect the internet because I was caught on in the early hours of morning hanging out with my favorite friends. A few times I was invited to actually go to the mall and other places but I turned it down so I could stay on here. Unfortunately everything slowly died down here and that's where it has turned just so different.

For starters Cho started school and everything again and sadly she left us but then the worst of it happens. High School Musical is what happened. All of a sudden I get on one day to find more High School Musical characters then I can handle. I mean, I felt like HSM had taken over and that soon it would become a HSM website! I seriously hated all of you then. I never had so many newbee's entering our threads in my entire time on here. It was crazy! I suppose that's why I've slowed down. Even though I try to get on a lot its still diffrent. HPFF has lost something, the old times. Sarah's right, I remember when I didn't even know how to RP a party and now all there seems to be is parties. I never pictured Harry Potter characters going to the movies or going on camping trips I mean, my goodness...

This site used to be my life but lately I've just been getting sick of it all.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Shara2007

Siruis black I miss you so much. I hope that you will start posting again. Yes then maybe we can get it back to the way it was. I hope so/
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

fudge0604

Yeah... The old times was fun... ( One time, I stupyfied myself in a duel  ;D  THOSE WERE THE DAYS!)

We should make some of the practising threads. Or class threads.
It is bad that Draco hasn't been on for a while! I'm starting to miss his arrogant butt.

Maybe Cho, Draco will come here more in the summer? Along with other oldies?
Hope so...

I remember the group I was in... We still post sometime but not so much as we did before.
( Me, Jessie, Izzy and Mira)

So anyone wanna have an oldtime RP?

P.S Here's my first rp http://www.harrypotterfan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3915.150

I was such a n00b then.... saying: little Albus, little Albus all the time.

Post Potter depression.

Shara2007

"Oh you dont know how I would do for just any old time rp play.

Draco still gets on. I mean come on me and him are starting to be friends on some post since it as is we only have each other now. I mean when you were talking about what you miss Albus you did not say nothing about me.

So I had to say it but I think me and fishy are going to become friends I hope.

iNinjuh

Haha...
Thanks for the remembrance.
It makes me feel loved.

Great knowing not one of you had no good memory with me.
I think I was too busy checking all the spelling and criticizing you guys.
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

- Walt Disney -

Shara2007

WEll duh how could I forget.

;D *Hugs Al* I mean I was about to go crazy with you. I mean you were always saying no godmodeling and checking our grammer.

I missed you to so much I mean with out you I don't think my elements would have been as great as they are.

Ginny Weasly

I feel it is necessary for me to post here once again.

For all of my complaining, and b!tching, I really do love most of you guys (even the newer ones.) I get upset because I know the potential to which a forum can go...I know most of you are capable of posting strong, intelligent replies...and it just aggravates me to no end when people don't do their best.

My character is old...she's far past the prime of being a child and even has her own. Soon, there will be no story left for her, because after that who would want to read it? Ginny is slowly becoming what she had always feared; useless. She is still stronger than the students, but she is twenty years of age...plus she won't be on HPFF all the time anymore.

I will always sign on...it's a habit...but I will never post like I used to. It is rare that I have any reason to post in anything...what with all the one liners and horrible plots...but once in a while, I will make a new RP in which I expect at least a few to reply to. But soon I will make a story line in which Ginny and her son have reason to be missing...It all depends.

Nonetheless, I love this forum. I always have and always will. But the books are over now...and it takes out half the fun...no new things to look forward to. No new ideas residing within those wonderful tomes of excellence. (GOD JK! Why'd you end it?) Slowly, this forum will become even more mutated than it already is...and the result will be something none of us even wants to recognize.

I miss my old friends...when my grandmother died all those years ago...they were there for me....when Kiara first moved out of her parents house, we tried to be there for her...through everyone's problems, we tried to help...

Does anyone remember Allie? She used to play Hermione...I remember back when she was in the hospital...how we missed her...I miss all the old people...when I showed up, the first members of this site were leaving...I like to think of myself as second generation, you know? But we were happy...all of us. We had fun! We were silly, and serious, and  crazy, and angry, and loving...we cared about each other. Not just because if something went wrong in someone's life it would mess with their charry's...but because we meant alot to eachother.

That's not to say I hate all the newbies. Xaver is like...one of my best friends in the whole world...Sirius, Sarah, Lavy, Albus, Neo (whom I talk to all the time), Al...all of you are close in my heart. But I will always miss when I was younger and when I was amazed by Kiara's ability to pull words out of thin air and make them into something fantastic...when we made storylines that changed until we settled on ones we liked...I miss them all...

I love HPFF.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Quote from: Shara2007 on March 20, 2008, 10:03:17 PM
"Oh you dont know how I would do for just any old time rp play.

Draco still gets on. I mean come on me and him are starting to be friends on some post since it as is we only have each other now. I mean when you were talking about what you miss Albus you did not say nothing about me.

So I had to say it but I think me and fishy are going to become friends I hope.
ops Sarah... Hard to remember everyone,,,,

Hi Al! Long time no see! Good to have you back again.

And I really hope J.K Rowling is going to write something about Albus's experiences at Hogwarts.
Would be fun to compare

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Now I realize that I still am considered somewhat a newbie (I joined in august) but even I have noticed the dramatic changes that have occured.  Around October I believe was when the floodgates were opened and newbies began the flow into HPFF and left their RP waste in their wake.  After a while I couldn't take it, and stopped coming on HPFF but then I forced myself back on and couldn't beleive my eyes.

I would like to thank all of those who were and are my circle of friends.  To those who welcomed me (Sarah, Sirius, Albus, Cho, Sky, Blaze etc.) and to those whom I know consider my closest friends (Mira, Iza, Sarah, Albus etc.). Thanks so much guys... I love you!!!  :-*  (Sorry if I left you out, but consider the etc. that's right it means YOU). To Ginny and Xaver and Kiara, whose Fan Fictions and Rp's would take hours to read... thank you for keeping alive the older HPFF (I think of it as HPFF Senior) and I hope that with some help HPFF Senior will live once again.

I hope that with a little help and guidance that all of the Newbies and HSM people will either die out, or become improved and that they can help to create a better HPFF future.

Thanks everyone so much!!  Together WE can make a better future!!

(Vote YES to HPFF... lol that sounded like a president's speech!!)

~Harry Potter~

I am in an in between stage with HPFF that is really bugging me.  I come on here every once in a while without logging on just to see what is going on in General threads, see what Ginny has ranted about that day, and to whoop all your butts at riddles.  But when I don't come here looking for RP any more.  I really want to avoid using Harry if I can since I look at him and think... "This is totally flat...I can do so much better"  But I don't really 'want' to try and revamp him.  It is so weird trying to be a character that is so...well made.  I can't even get close to J.K. in making Harry. 

And then, there is Rhyme.  He is my latest and so far greatest brain child and I need to get around to posting my others just so people can see what can be done.  Rhyme is far to young to RP with the old people they have already grown up, and I would feel really out of place with Rhyme there.  On the other hand, I don't want to RP at all with the people who consider 5 lines a 'long' post.  I just don't find it worth it anymore...

I look at the simplicity here and smile, I remember all the old times I had here.  It was still simple, but simple in a good way, like when you just look at certain things in nature, or that piece of artwork that has almost nothing there, but invokes so much.  Now I look at it and see simple as in a piece of work someone made the day before since they forgot they had to turn a piece in the next day.  This site is bare basics of forums.  No ordered classes, or races, or powers or weapons, it is all from our own heads.  This is a blessing and a curse.  A blessing since it never limits our creativity.  A curse since, well, if you don't have any creativity, it doesn't force any into you. 

>.> Now I feel like I am just going around in circles in my own memories/boredom, so I will end this here before I blather any more <.<

-cough- ... -cough- ... -vanishes-
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Kiara Johnson

There were reasons I left, reasons beyond that which is HPF and even beyond HP itself.  I however, like ~Harry Potter~ Used to check in from time to time without signing in, but I just not have the strength to do anything about what was going on in this world, or my own for that matter for quite some time. 

My personal life has turned around though and my rl structure has become something of a mess again and I feel I need you guys again.  That is why my fiancĂ© urged me back here.  In hopes I think that I might focus on things that would make me happy again.  I chose this place above and beyond all the rest of my old dwellings and trust in me when I say, there was a lot of them.  But I am not here to talk about my rl situations, they are mine to deal with, I will just say that they are growing again to a good spot.

I think I miss r/p with people like Ginn and Harry and yes I miss Ryan(Draco) and our Hermione.  I still have their pictures in my old photo albums and some times go back and look at them wondering how they are today.  Then of course there was Brian and Ron and of course then we had, Shui :D  God I miss Shui....then Em and well.. Max, Max was a very divan force in our R/p's and one that Kiara was heavily based around, it was like without him, why even bother posting Kiara at all?  When he left here, the Character Kiara all but died out because of course, I refused to re-write her in any way, but I have grown and with that, so can she.

I am back, and I will be here for quite some time.  My intension for now is to try and pull something of the old times back into this joint without pulling them too far in.  A sort of re-vamp if you will on the r/p structure of this place, a challenge, yes however I hate to see what has come of HPFF's R/P section and will fight to regain a certain amount of HP dignity back into it, with or without Max.  I urge people like you Gin and Harry to make new r/p's show these new people HOW to r/p  as I truly don't think they are up to the challenge, then again, I have been proven wrong in the past.

Well, aside from making this a book, I will end it there and like I keep saying, if for any reason any of you really want to see what a R/p site is truly about, go look into mine.

Ttfn (That's ta ta for now, to all those non Tigger fans)

Huggles
~K~

Kiara Johnson

Wow and yes indeed this was so long ago... I still think about this place quite often.  I kind of miss it in an odd sort of way.  Its been far too long since I have even dwell here and am certain that I should have gone to the J K Site, but just never did for one reason or the next.

A lot has gone on in my rl and not so much in the writing department, most unfortunately, for the past six years.  I don't know exactly what happened.. I guess I just grew tired and oh so distracted.  I am writing with friends again on my own site.  Though it is going a bit slowly at the moment.  We are warming up again.  (Gods I miss what this place used to be for all of us.)

Well for any of you reading this, I will check back soon enough and see if there are any I know, or anyone. 

Huggles always
~K~