News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Books to read while waiting for Harry Potter...

Started by HPFan27, May 27, 2007, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HPFan27

Hey guys, I'm new here.. Just wondering if anyone had any good fantasy / sci-fi type books they'd recommend reading while waiting for the last HP book to come out..?

I personally reaaaally like the book Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson (and the next 2 in her series). These books are absolutely amazing, and if you're a female HP-fan, you will probably love them too-- definitely worth buying or ordering online.

Anyone have other book suggestions?

HPFan27

What similar books would you recommend?

I absolutely LOVE the combination chick lit & fantasy series by Shanna Swendson (beginning with the book, Enchanted, Inc. Check them out :)

I'd say get Triplanetary. While you're at it you might wanna look at the Sherlock Holmes series as well.

You can get all that (free of charge), in addition to millions of other books at http://www.gutenberg.org/

Happy reading.

ChoChangHP118

sounds like a good read both of you. zero i'm looking at that site now...

i would suggest a series by angie sage: Magyk (1) Flyte (2) and the third has slipped my mind......something with a y!! lol
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

harrypotterfan:)

Magyk??and Flyte...hmm I think I heard of these books before....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

ya there pretty good. not as good as harry potter but its like hp series...
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

....I see...then as a matter of fact I have seen them....read if I'm not mistaken Magyk or was it Flyte....or was it another book....don't know....LOL
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

ChoChangHP118

teehee you make me laugh! ha

GOOD MORNING TO ALL FROM THE MIDWEST!

it's now 12:18 am here....

ronweazley122

you know what the midwest is? young and restless...lol, I'm from the midwest to..um I suggest pendragon..its a series...
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

ChoChangHP118

ha good point. i have a question for you...is kyle xy good? cuz i always see it advertised and i always wanna watch it. but since i don't know anything about it i was just gonna buy the first series..so is it worth it??

Shara2007

Well I love that show. It is the bomb to me.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

ChoChangHP118

ronweazley122

wow...I feel lame now.that was a refrence to a song..anyway, I like it.good show...
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne