News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Rowling Coming to the US

Started by Ginny Weasly, June 23, 2007, 02:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

J.K. Rowling announces U.S. tour
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:34 AM by Jen Brown

Just a day after we announced we'll have an exclusive interview with J.K. Rowling following the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," there's more big Harry Potter news this morning.

Rowling will be coming to the States in October for the "J.K. Rowling Book Tour," which will include four events in Los Angeles, New Orleans and New York City (two events).  Sadly for adult fans like myself, three of the four are only open to schoolchildren, BUT there will one stop in New York's Carnegie Hall open to fans of all ages.  Tickets to that event will be given out through a Scholastic sweepstakes that opens July 30 on their Web site.

In September, Scholastic will select schools in each of the three cities to send students to the readings with Rowling.  Each selected school will be given a Sorting Hat (cool) to randomly draw names of students and classes to attend the events.

At each event, Rowling will read from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," answer questions and sign books. 

Dates and venues:

Monday, 10/15: Los Angeles Kodak Theater
Thursday, 10/18: Ernest N. Morial Auditorian at the Convention Center in New Orleans
Friday, 10/19: New York's Carnegie Hall
Friday, 10/19, 7 p.m.: New York's Carnegie Hall (open to adults)
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ChoChangHP118

sounds amazing! to bad i live no where near these three states! man that sucks....

lucky for cho!
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

harrypotterfan:)

yeah right by me....LOL....wow thanks Ginny!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

so cho do you think your gonna go?
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

NO....of course....duh.....nearest to me....

ooh why don't you go to New Orleans....or L.A. there pretty close to you....well a drivin distance
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

new orleans would be closer. but even then its pretty far...

Well if you can't travel by yourself....ask your parents....New Orleans isn't that far from Texas....LOL

ChoChangHP118

sarah's in luck then! i live kinda near ohio though...so...

Shara2007

ya but My car don't run so I'm out of luck no me meeting her.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

Ask parents....LOL...well or you can fix the car....or buy a new one....I wouldn't miss Rowling

Shara2007

Ya but they would not let me go there buy my self. I mean they would say no.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

Aren't you in college or something....

Shara2007

not yet and I still don't have a car.

well what grade are you in again.....LOL....forgot....again

Shara2007

I'm going to college this fall.