News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Feelings After Reading Deathly Hallows (Spoilers, Of Course)

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, July 23, 2007, 04:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermionescool

i thought that snape did kill dumbledore because he hated him but then harry goes into the penseive and i felt sorry for snape he loved lily and was dumbledores man through and through because he loved lily no matter how muched he hated harry he would protect him for the woman that he loved which was so sweet and when harry watches albus severus (youngest son) go away on the train i cried so hard he never got to expirience that because he had no parents so i pretty muched bawled through the entire thing and to think that snape was so close to being harrys dad (shudders at thought)  :'( :'(

uNoPoh is very right about the duelling thing. If we compile all the spells that's ever been mentioned in the book, we still can't duel properly, because there's only a few spells suitable for duelling... I mean, you wouldn't be using Wingardium Leviosa on your opponent, would you? So yeah, there ought to be more action.

Shara2007

I know I'm normally an emotionally person. But I did not cry really until I got to the past where Snape died. I mean I hated him and here I am feeling sorry and crying for him because of the way he died.

I love the ending it made me smile. Little Albus was funny I loved him.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

uNoPoh

I personally loved the character Snape most of all.
For me, he is by far the most interesting role in the whole books. All the time through book 7 I thought - "but that doesen't make sense - I thought Snape was on the orders side.." brilliant.

And not to forget Alan Rickman as Snape in the movies is just brilliant...
Everybody has the right to be stupid
and it has come to my attention that you are abusing your privileges!

hermionescool

hehe...oh! btw, I think I missed this one, but who the heck is this Rose person in the epilogue??? who's kid is this?
[/quote] Rose is ron and hermiones kid as is hugh

LordBlaZe

Woo the book was great! Sadest part is that its over although im hearing rumors that shes gonna wright some more, fingers crossed! i thought the book was great and easily the best out of the series. It's not easy finished a long 7 book series nicely but i think she did a good job even though the epilogue was short and not very detailed. The only question i have is about the portraits. I'm not sure how they work but it seems to me that when a person dies they can communicate to the world in their portraits! I mean their not really dieing if they can still talk through their portrait. Why didn't harry just find dumbledores other portrait and ask question or ever find his parents portraits?? Seems sorta weird and dumb, can any1 clear that up for me plz!!

ps. Rose is Ron's and Hermione's daughter, if you want more info in the epilogue go here=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows
under the part of Rowling's Commentary on Epilogue or just the Epilogue part gives some valuable info but not too much!
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

LilyFlower

Your question about the portraits...I remember reading about that somewhere, I think an interview with Rowling.
From what I recall, the portraits of the headmasters are different from other ones because they leave a bit of themselves with the school so they can continue to pass on advice to Hogwarts.
So like James and Lily wouldn't have been able to do this.
Harry couldn't go to the school and get advice from Dumbledore because Hogwarts was a very dangerous place and remember at that time he didn't know Snape was good yet.

I'm gonna go search for the information about the portraits and maybe I can better explain how they work!
:)
Hope this helps atleast somewhat for now. I'm tried and I'm not sure if it completely makes sense =/

LilyFlower

Oh and Rowling also answered some good questions about the book in this interview:

http://www.bloomsbury.com/harrypotter/default.asp?sec=3

Click on wechat with J.K. Rowling.

harrypotterfan:)

thanks Lily....the chat is really helpful and interesting ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

LordBlaZe

Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain

LordBlaZe

Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain

pig

i thought this book was the best, i was so sad when Dobby died because he is so inccent. He only wanted to help and died doing so. Very glad that Ron and hermione got together. The way Fred died was quite upseting, i allways thought one of the twins would die. Snape, now he was one of my fav characters. i was sad that he died but we knew it was going to happen he was to close to voldermort. A big shock to me that he and lilly were best friands though.

pig

i thought this book was the best, i was so sad when Dobby died because he is so inccent. He only wanted to help and died doing so. Very glad that Ron and Hermione got together. The way Fred died was quite upsetting, i allways thought one of the twins would die. Snape, now he was one of my fave characters. i was sad that he died but we knew it was going to happen he was to close to voldermort. A big shock to me that he and Lilly were best Friends though.