News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Harry the devil?

Started by hermionescool, August 2, 2007, 09:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermionescool

i've heard from my mom that some people think that j.k. rowling is making a sort of devil and that kids shouldn't read harry potter cause he's violent and something stupid but if any comments post. ;D

Shara2007

Well that is because they say it is witch craft. It is mainly those in the church people.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

Ginny Weasly

Some religion thinks that Harry Potter is teaching witchcraft...ignore those people. They think that smiling at the opposite sex is a sin....
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

hermionescool

lol good one and i think they're stupid for saying that. people can read what they want. (i don't go to church)

Ginny Weasly

Well, some people believe in that. It doesn't maske them stupid at all. It just means they believe something diffrent to us. Oh well, they can't stop you from reading what you want.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

harrypotterfan:)

LOL....wait were you serious about that first post....?
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

hermionescool

yeah and i have a friend who's mom won't let her read harry potter and another friend who can't read books like clique books or it girl books cause "they teach u bad things" (my friends are really religious) i know that it's there choice but i still think it's unfair :(

oh I've met those kind of people before....but they let their children read whatever.....LOL.....the day my parents tell me that I can't read a certain book would be the day the sun rises from the west.....LOL....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

LordBlaZe

lol... my parents wouldn't care what i read. If it's a good book then they'll want me to read it
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

yeah that's totally my parents....my parents only care about my health and my academics....

LordBlaZe

lol my parents only care of my education lol, it's a pain but their nice
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain

LOL....hm what can I say about my parents....LOL...joking they're kind and I am totally spoiled by them ;D

LordBlaZe

Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain

so I think it's stupid that Harry is discriminated by some people.....LOL.....

HermioneFan

Quote from: hermionescool on August  2, 2007, 10:10:26 AM
lol good one and i think they're stupid for saying that. people can read what they want. (i don't go to church)

I go to church and i read all of them... but my grammie doesn't like them... she says, "ooh, harry potter - darkside." She's so stupid! (well, not realy.) People who think they haven't read any of them shouldn't judge the book by it's cover. They should give it a chance!