News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Better Life

Started by ChoChangHP118, September 9, 2007, 11:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

Chapter 1
Feather Stick

Scarlet woke with a start. Had she just heard the sound of he father coming home finally. Or was it someone else? She walked silently down the slippery stone steps toward the front door. She opened it, expecting for some reason to see her father, but saw nothing. She closed it and leaned against the red oak door. How could I have been so stupid? She thought. Of course father isn't coming back. He is dead. She opened her eyes suddenly and walked down the narrow hallway to her father's old things. She rummaged through them carelessly looking for something in particular. She found it at the bottom of the pile, a slender piece of wood, with what appeared to be a feather of some sort sticking out from the end of it. She picked it up, she never was absolute for as to what it was, but she knew it was special. Before her father had died when Scarlet was only 6, her father would never leave the house without it. Now she was 10, she was smarted now and wanted to know what it did. So, she curiously flicked it around a little. She immediately fealt a refreshing feeling creep through her arm, it was comforting and she liked it. She played with it all through the night, slashing it through the air and making red lines appear in the dark. She was happy to know that something of her father's she was able to use. Sadly though, when sunlight crept through the dusty windows, Scarlet was forced to put the strange wooden stick, that she had now chosen to call feather stick, back where she got it. She was afraid that if her guardian had seen her with it that she would insist on giving it to the police as further evidence for where her father had disappeared to. Scarlet was smart though, she knew the police had given up on the search for her father. In her mind, sometimes so did Scarlet. So, after placing feather stick back where she found it, she kreapt ever so slowly back up the stairs toward her room. When she got to the top of the stairs though, a terrible sight met her eyes. Her guardian was sitting at the top of the stairs, looking furiously at Scarlet.

Chapter 2
Prison Time

"Explain yourself!" Scarlet's guardian yelled furiously.
"I...uh...well," but Scarlet was to scared for words.
"What did you think you were doing!" She yelled still.
"I, thought I heard...someone outside," she said weakly.
"Oh! So that gives you reason to go blundering around the house in the middle of the night does it?" The guardian asked loudly.
"I, I'm sorry."
"You're gonna be! That's for sure!" The guardian said before pointing to the attic door. "Go," she said sternly to Scarlet. So, Scarlet began to, ever so reluctantly, go up the steep steps toward the attic. Scarlet's guardian had one rule, that rule was if you ever did something bad, you were to go to the attic. Now the attic, as Scarlet saw once again as she reached the top and pushed open the creaking door, was not the best of places to be. The ceiling was covered with spiders and the floor was littered with old paperwork from the previous owner. All of which Scarlet had looked through previous times that she had been sent up here. She wasn't the best reader, but after a while she would figure it out. After reading a lot of the paperwork, she came to realize that the previous owner of the house was a very strange person. Apparently, the man was some sort of seller according to Scarlet's readings and decipherings. He would sell things called cauldrons and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. Scarlet had no idea what these things were, but she always was entertained by the flavors of beans in the Bertie Botts. Now though, as she walked into the room, she didn't care if the previous owner ate flies...it wouldn't have entertained her. This time as she went to the corner of the room where a lumpy bed was, she was mad.
"Its not fair," she said to the room, like someone would answer. "I wish I knew more about my dad...then maybe I wouldn't get in trouble this much," she sighed and layed her head down on the pillow. When she did though, she felt a piece of paper under the pillow. She curiously looked at the paper. She was surprised to see that it was an envelope, she was even more surprised for as to who the it was addressed to. She had to read it 3 times before she remotely believed it. Everytime she read it though, it made less and less sense to her. the envelope read:

To miss Scarlet Mayberry of 1925 Gibbons Ln,
the attic,
Bukinghamshire, England.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

ChoChangHP118

"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

uglycupcakes

Its really good! Keep it up :]

HermioneFan

I like it :) I think it sounds good so far. A lot better than my stories :P

ChoChangHP118

lol thanks. i'm hoping to think of more tonight...so ill get 'em posted soon...