News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

To be Death. *A Non Harry Potter Story*

Started by Sky, October 18, 2007, 04:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

To Be Death

*I want to say that I have no idea how Cancer Patients go through their lives. This is my guess. I hope I offend no one. This story is about a dieing man, (I thought of this idea during one of my classes) who, before he dies, meets death. They make a bet. The man bets that Being death is easy, and simple, while death bets that its not what its cut out to be. So Death lets the dieing man take over his job, suddenly being healed of cancer *temporairily* It'll be explained as the story progresses.*

A man laid in a bed at his home. He was tall. He used to be muscular, he used to have a full head of dark brown hair, and he used to have Deep Blue eyes. But now he was skinny. He was bald. And his eyes were almost grey. A Sign of his coming Death. He was only 24 years old and he had cancer.
  "How long have I got...?" He asked when he was getting his evening check up by his doctor. She was also quite tall, with long red hair and green eyes. Her hair was always tied into a bun though. She also always wore a white lab coat and carried the same Black ball point pen. She was silent. "Dr.Huth...I can take it. Please...Just tell me." The man begged. Dr.Huth sighed. "A month. Two if you take the treatment." The man looked out the window. He wasn't going through anymore Chemotherpy. He was sick of Radiation.

Ginny Weasly

Wow, this is really intresting. I job shadowed in Oncology for a day, and it was the saddest thing in my life. Some of them were so cheerful, though, it was hard to stay sad.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

~Callie~

this story is amazing! one of my best friends younger sister has cancer... lukimia. its really awesome though cuz shes getting better and will probably be allright.

LeronHZZ

Wow, amazing start. Most of my family members died cause of Cancer  :'(

~Callie~

thats sad... cancer doesnt really run in my family, i dont think

LeronHZZ

lol its aright, my cousin was only 17 when she had it but she got treated.

~Callie~

my friends sister is only 3 but she is getting over it!

LeronHZZ

d**n! that would suck having it at such a young age

fudge0604

Post Potter depression.

Sky

Dr.Huth gave the patient an encouraging smile and left the room after making sure the man took his huge pills.
"So you're Garrett Davis?" Said a voice. It appeared to be a mans. It was a strong, deep voice. But not to deep. Not like Frank Sinatra. The man looked up. He was looking through his old Basketball Magazine he had read atleast eight times in the past two weeks. "Who there?" Suddenly a man was sitting in the chair across the room. He was tall and skinny with short blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a black suit and a hat to match. "I'm Death." He said simply. Garrett immediatly threw his magazine down. "No way. I've got atleast a month. Besides you can't really be death." Garrett had suddenly turned white. Why was he feeling as though this was death? He would normally laugh and ignore somebody like this, but it felt so real. He could feel the sadness and sorrow lingering inside him when death appeared. "Your doctor was wrong. You are ready to go. Its in your eyes. Every emotion can be seen in your eyes. Your thoughts, your dreams..., even your fears." Death smirked when he seen Garrett eye him. "You aren't Death. This is a joke. Who are you!? Tell me d**n it!" Garrett was breathing fast.
   "I've told you. I am death. Dare me to prove it?" He looked at the tank of fish sitting on a table near him and simply put his finger in the water. The fish floated to the surface as the plants and snails inside died too. Garrett sat in his bed stunned. This isn't real.

richiee

amazing story i think ill grab a few things from it and use for mine i hope you dont mind

Voldyrocks01

A lot of things are passed down in my family. Alzheimers,breast cancer,and other things I can't think of. About five women in my family have had breast cancer. One died. Alzheimers happened to many in my family. The others I can't think of.

natalie

Thats sad!! i dont think anyone in my family has died from any type of cancer.
I like the story its really good!!!
love nat
NaTaLiE