News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

9/11..... please read.

Started by Hermione_Granger, September 15, 2002, 12:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermione_Granger

ok, frankly, i dont think the americans should make that big a deal, millions of people day every day, so i mean, c'mon. but i DO seriously think we should raise goblets in their memory, and have a monent of silence. but while were doing that, what about all those girls/guys who've been raped? or how about the ones who've been murdered? or died of hunger? well, anywyas, i wanted to know, if i wrote a story about sept 11 (fictional characters, stuff like that) would u guys read it? i'll give u a piece of it now, just a small sample...
is barbies name REALLY barbra, but barbie is just 4 short?

ronweazley122

hmmmm.....*thinks*sound s interesting 2 me!

Hermione_Granger

Tracey Smith woke up to a beautiful day, not to cool, not  to hot, perfect. It was September 11, read her calender, and she jumped up, fully energized. She looked out her window, were the sun was shining down on her, and went to the bathroom to take a shower. She combed her hair, and did something really neat with it. She hummed to herself while she got dressed.

'Tracey, you don't want to be late for school, hun!' Her mom called up.

'Co-oming!' she called, racing down the stairs.

She smiled as she saw a pancake face. Two strips of bacon for the mouth, and two sunny-side-up eggs for eyes, and a blob of jam for the nose.

'Ready for work?' Tracey's dad asked ehr mom, smiling down at Tracey and kissing her on her head.

'How's my seventh grader doing?' he grinned. Tracey smiled, realizing this day was gonig to be the best of the year.

'Well, I already have a project on Afganistan. it's really an intresting country, i feel so sorry for them, what with the Taliban and all,' Tracey said perkily, trying to make it sound like she was glad she had homework. It was due today.

'Ok,James, let's go to the pentagon.' Her mother said uneasily. She twitched, and kissed her daughter.
Tracey heard her say, before closing the door,

'I really think something is going to happen today... I can feel it.'

ronweazley122

Hermione_Granger

Tracey ignored her mother, who thought she was phycic, and grabbed her bag and shoveled the bacon in her mouth. She ran out of the door, locking it behind her, and trudged her heavy back pack to school.

She and her best friends, Angela, Nicole and Becky, waited outside for the school bell. Tracey looked over to the left, where she could almsot see the Pentagon, even if it was about a mile away.

'Please be seated for the mornnig announcements.' The speaker in the gym said.

'There always so boring... why can't we have a fair day, or sumthing?' whispered Nicole, rolling her wide green eyes. Tracey shrugged and flipped her shoulder-legnth blonde hair, and listen intently. The mornnig anouncements were boring, but she couldn't help remembering what her mom had said, about something happening today. Maybe if she were lucky, it happen to her.

ok, sucks so far, but im gonna keep going. i just read an article, and felt sad for the ppl who lsot parents.

Hermione_Granger

'Nothing,' Becky sighed, trudging in front of Tracey and Nicole to their first class, English.

They sat down next to eachother, and waited for the teacher. She was late. It was already ten o'clock.

ok, im not sure what time the pentagon was hit.. was it 10;04?? coz im saying it is... i dont like my story so far..im trying to make everything seem perfect....

Hermione_Granger

thanks, ron, but i usally write better stories... its hard to write about american systems when ur a canadian....

ronweazley122

i like it!um....it was hit twice....and....i reallly don't know...

Hermione_Granger

Suddenly, the still air was full of a loud sound. A buzzing. Their teacher rushed in, yelling.

'Whats happening?' Becky yelled, ducking under her desk with the rest of the class. The radio turne dup as loud as it could, as the buzzing got louder.

'FINALLY SUMTHING EXCITING!' Nicole screamed in glee, gigling as she bumped into Robert.

Tracey strained her ears to hear the radio. She couldn't make out anything, though. She tried to crawl towards it, but nothnig doing. The buzzing got louder. Then, what seemed to feel like eeternity, a loud crashing sounded. The earth rummbled, the glass broke, and in the left window, fire was blazing. Smoke was everywhere. Tracey could hear loud screaming. Tracey bumped into Becky, who had been clinging onto her arm, and the teacher started to yell instructions.

'STAY UNDER THE DESKS! DON'T MOVE!'

The radio fell to the ground, and smashed. All the things, globes, pencils, fell to the ground. Tracey hit her head in a desk point, and felt dizzy. Her eyesight was crooked and bleary, and she felt blood trickling down from the middle of her forehead. She had hit it that hard!

Finally, everything stopped. You could still here screaming, but the rummbling was gone, but the smoke was in the class room. People started gasping for air, and choking.

'EVACUTE THE CLASSROOM!' the teacher yelled, as people ran out to the nearest doors. Tracey looked around the room, and crawled towards the door.

'What happened?' people outside were asking. Tracey looked to her left, trying to see the pentagon, but there was one problem. There was no pentagon.

Hermione_Granger

....... ::) i tried to make it sound dramatic.

ronweazley122

why would a school be right next the pentagon?

Becca_Me

keep goign but yah why woulda  achool be that close?
Call me Becca ~OR~ just Me!  ;D

Elijah, luv ya hun!

ronweazley122

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Hey... yes, many ppl have been murdered, raped, blah blah etc.  But not in a very long time has that many ppl died in one morning.  It was a national tragedy.  Most of the ppl that died later on were Hero's/Heroine's, trying to clean everything up, saving the ppl that were stuck in the rubble, who risked their lives to save others.  Come on, if you think we shouldn't make that big of a deal, then you need to open your eyes at what happened.  I'm guessing you aren't American, and weren't here when it happend.  

About your story:  You need to get the facts straight.  The pentagon is no where near anything, and it wouldn't be gone.  Only a little of it got hit.  *takes a breath*  Aaaand, first hour doesn't start at 10, it starts at like.. 8.  How was she 2 hrs late?  What happened during that time?  Good story tho.  You just need to watch the facts.  Ask someone if you need to.  Please keep going!  ^_^
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

emily824

no offence bailey, but i think u critsizing us americans for making a big deal out of sept. 11 is total bull s**t! millions of ppl may die everyday, but it doesn't matter. millions more are gonna die because their serving their country! think about all the families of the ppl who died in the WTC and in the war so far! and not making a big deal about a goup of ppl who want to kill us cuz our beliefs r different? please....i was and still am deeply affected by what might happen, ur dad's not the one who might go to affganastan and fight, is he? well my dad might ok! and i take very deep offence of what u said!
Harry Potter and the Signs of the Dark Lord

new chapters are in so read it if you follow the story! ;)