News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Angels & Demons and The DaVinci Code

Started by Ginny Weasly, January 22, 2008, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

Both written by Dan Brown (who is Christian, believe it or not.)

Angels & Demons-
The basic plot is a classic race against time to find a hidden bomb and hunt down a serial killer in Rome. As its backdrop, the book debates the question about which is to be trusted - science or religion. It purports to show how the Vatican works as the plot to blow it up is uncovered during the conclave, revealing hidden secrets and mysteries as the story unfolds.

The DaVinci Code-
The novel has several concurrent subplots interweaving the lives of different characters. Eventually all the characters are brought together and the subplots resolved in the denouement. The unraveling of the mystery requires the solution to a series of brain-teasers, including anagrams and number puzzles. The ultimate solution is found to be intimately connected with the possible location of the Holy Grail and to a mysterious society called the Priory of Sion, as well as to the Knights Templar. The story also involves the Roman Catholic organization Opus Dei.

I don't know if any of you have read them. Maybe you haven't, as some religions are against them. Or maybe you haven't because the books are rather mature, and some of you have the reading capability of monkeys.

At any rate, I have, and I loved both books, but significantly preferred The DaVinci code.
Has anyone else read them and would like to comment on them?
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

~Harry Potter~

Lmao!  Ginny, I am writing a report for Gormish on those two books.  My thesis is..."Dan Brown uses Angels and Demons, and the DaVinci Code to saturize the Catholic Church"

I am writing about how he points out all of the flaws the church had in the past.  Such as the killing of scientists, and the destruction of pagan relgion.
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Ginny Weasly

I knew you would post, if no one else.  ::)

Heh, did you read the part about the Great Castration in Angels & Demons?
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

I have not read those books but I have read the digital fort! ( I think that is the name of it in English...)
Dan Brown is an exellent writer.

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Yes I did, and how Langdon wondered if there was a crate full of stone (censored for young children) hidden somewhere in the Vadacan.  That was one of my quotes I was planning to use in my essay lol.

Ginny Weasly

When he wondered that, I laughed outloud in school. Haha. It was great.

Angels & Demons half confused me. Since I read the DaVinci code first, I kind of expected the 'bad' guy to be someone we all thought was 'good.'
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

~Harry Potter~

Yea, Dan Brown does that in all his books.  He has you think this one guy is the bad guy, and has him or her die right before the end. 

But dude, Angels and Demons was a bit strange...specally with you know who (not him) having a kid...with a nun for no less.

kira

I have read the books I thought they were good.

cody

the books sound good, i should look them up and read them
Its all fun & games till someone gets hurt...then its hilarious

LordBlaZe

I've read Da Vinci Code and watched the movie, which were both really goood ;D ;D. Haven't read angels and demons though but i've heard its amazing
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name