News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

For Newbies:

Started by potter_fan122, August 1, 2008, 11:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Hey, this s for Newbies. We all know how annoying people can be, putting things in the wrong places. Well, what you have to do, when you post a new topic, you want to be sure that you aren`t putting things in wrong places. Also, right when you join, you`re probably confused about what to do. You need to make a character bio. That is where you can make up your own character.  There is a form you need to copy and paste for your character. Another thing, your character is 100% a different person than you. When you role play, you are participating in a story. You want to read a little bit behind if you are looking to join a story that has already started. The way you act in the role playing is the way people are going to respond. If your character is mean, other characters aren`t going to like you very mich, so you will be treated similar to a villan. I you need any more info, you can e-mail me.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Right. And good Grammar and spelling is appreciated, but if you're not so good at language arts, that's okay. Just try your best. Also, don't leave because your a "newbie". When you stick around for awhile, the site just gets better. You have alot more fun the longer you stay. Goodluck ^^.  And you guys can message me too for help. xcheesexmex@yahoo.com Is my email, but you can aim or PM me too.       

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

harrypotterfan:)

as Ginny always says.....USE SPELL CHECK at all times even if you think you're right you arrogant, stubborn people....lol=]
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

potter_fan122

sometimes it doesnt work!

.....well then go use a dictionary you lazy people.....lol
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

potter_fan122

=P learn how to spell and you wont have to.

Virgil Hendrix

ALL NEWBS GET FIREFOX!  IT HAS A BUILT IN SPELL CHECK, IN CASE YOU ARE LAZY!  you dont have to get it, but it pwns.

Join Amber Ridge.  A College Roleplay.
5 - 20 - 50 - 100 - 125 - 200 - 300 -

potter_fan122

You don`t have to, just figure out how to spell!

Ginny Weasly

Easier said than done. I'm a horrible speller myself.
I also suggest Fire Fox, or even Flock.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

;D ;D ;D you guys are funny
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

fudge0604

Opera is the best internet browser!

Ello Lavy! Long time no see!

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Oh, and if your spelling is as horrible as mine...(ask anyone who talks to me in AIM) use a word processor to type your posts in.  This helps you notice mistakes as soon as you make them so you slowly make less and less since you get used to fixing those words.
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Dobby_ROX

Hello I'm a 'newbie' I still don't understand about the character thing