News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Something that Cannot be Explained

Started by potter_fan122, November 28, 2008, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey was curled up on the couch in the common room. She had her arms wrapped together on the arm and her head gently resting against them. Her legs were folded under her; she was alseep.

The voices she had been hearing lately usually didn`t shut up long enough for stacey to get a good night`s sleep. And she wasn`t that great at keeping her block that strong when she was trying to sleep. But for some reason, the voices had become unusually silent. Stacey fell asleep as soon as she curled up in front of the fire. She had been alseep for hours, and it was late at night. She was even still in her school uniform.

Suddenly, about midnight, Stacey bolted into an upright position. She clutched the back of the couch. She shook her head; there was a voice in her head. It wasn`t just any voice, it was the voice. the one that had given her nightmares and horrible visions for months now.

Her breathing became heavy as her vision became clouded. Stacey screamed, and she didn`t know how, but that brought her back into counciousness. Her eyes were jet balck and she jumped up. She grunted as she slammed her back against the wall. She slowly slid down until she was sitting. Her eyes had become slightly grey.

Stacey yelled and grabbed her left wrist with a tight grip, her nails digging into her skin. Her eyes slipped back to black and her vison was slowly fading.

((Closed until Ginny joins.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

((It helps to tell me when we are gonna do this! haha))

"Stacey!" Ginny was kneeling down next to the girl, ripping her arms apart to stop her from digging her nails into her skin. She held tightly to the child's arms, shaking her almost violently.

"Stacey, look at me!"

When she saw that yelling wasn't working, Ginny delivered a nice slap across the girl's face. Then, she closed her own eyes and forced the intruding voice away from Stacey's mind, pushing heavily. She opened her eyes again, still keeping a tight grip on Stacey's arms as she knelt next to her.

It was hard keeping that presence at bay. Especially in her present condition. Pregnancy did little for her powers, and Ginny was now three months along. She struggled to keep a hold of her psychic presence as well as her physical one.

"Stacey, can you hear me?"
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

((Lol, sorry.))

Stacey gasped when she felt the sting from Ginny`s strike. She was still breathing heavily as she nodded slowly. She could hear Ginny, but barely, and she could still feel the presence of... something.

Her eyes had shot into a light grey as she became consious, but they were slowly fading to black. She fought against Ginny`s grip, desperately trying to get her arms free. Whatever had happened had put her in a state of shock.

She found Ginny`s eyes and stared at them, trying somehow to communicate anything. For some reason, she couldn`t speak.

Her eyes shot black and she turned her head so her left cheek was pressed against the wall. She let out a growling sound that came from her throat as her hands tensed. The tendons in her neck stood out and her face was becoming pale.

LavyBrown

Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Ginny Weasly

"Sh.it." Ginny managed to mutter as she held Stacey down.

In a desperate attempt, Ginny let go of all her other mental responsibilities. She dropped all other blocks that she used. Including her own. She let go of each student's mental barrier, let go of every mental barrier she had. Except one.
Her son's. She kept Cody's.

Now she sent a surge against that presence that wanted Stacey so very much so. Now it wasn't hard, now she forced it away, engulfing herself and Stacey in a protective mental area. She gripped Stacey's arms hard, hard enough to leave bruises.

"Stacey, you need to stop struggling, or I will lose control."

Her voice came out rough, angry almost.

She couldn't continue to hold Stacey down and concentrate mentally.
Her body was made for this.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey gasped as she felt Ginny to to push the presence away. She let her arms go limp so she wouldn`t be forcing against Ginny. Her breathing was still heavy and fast. Her eyes were grey, but they were fading into black.

Stacey bit her lower lip and tightly closed her eyes. Her vision was still limited, but she was getting a horrible pain between her eyes. She let out a noise that was a cross between a growl and a moan.

She pushed her back flat against the wall and clenched her hands into fists as they started to tremble. Her eyes became black suddenly and her hands tensed. Stacey dug her nails into her palms, trying some way to fight the force that was trying to over-take her.

((You can join if you want, Lavy.))

Ginny Weasly

"Stacey, you need to fight this. You need to push it away, because in another moment, I'm going to force it away. At least for now. I need you to push as hard as you can, ok?"

Ginny closed her eyes, focusing her energy upon her psychic self. A trick she had learned long ago. Easily, she left her own mind and went to Stacey's. There was a dark presence engulfing the girl's mind, something thick and black and hard to get through.
Ginny pushed through. It didn't want her.
It wanted Stacey.

Since the thing was so dark, Ginny used light to push it away. Happiness, shining, relaxed, bubbles, balloons, everything that made people smile suddenly filled Stacey's mind. Ginny worked quickly, filling as much space as possible. It began to push away at the dark thing.

Stacey's mind began to lighten up. It was hard work for Ginny alone though.
Not only that, her body was in an almost catatonic state. If Stacey chose that moment to strike out, she would be hit. And possibly hurt.
She was, after all, pregnant.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

Lavy leaned up against the common room door and pushed up against it with her back. She had fifteen books in her arms, all for other students who were having trouble with some of their classes. She had every intention of leaving the books to the way side and teaching them by actually doing the spells they were trying to learn. The book were for show.

The door swung open and Lavy might had missed Ginny and Stacey in the corner if Stacey hadn't been moaning. She dropped the book at once and sprinted over to them. She would have asked what was wrong but she already knew. She placed her hand on Ginny's shoulder and began letting her energy flow into Ginny to help Stacey.

potter_fan122

Stacey gasped again and her eyes flew open, suddenly bright blue. Her breathing got a little softer as she thought of happy things. The sea, popcorn, fall, and chocolate. She nodded to Ginny, trying to let her know that she had heard her and she was trying to help. She still found that she couldn`t speak.

Her wrists hurt painfully all of a sudden and her shoulder throbed. She sensed the force getting weaker, but she couldn`t see very clearly.

LavyBrown

Lavy added her own thoughts to Ginny's, driving the force away faster. Things like the first brush with love or the way you felt on your birthday. With both Ginny and Lavy working at the presence, it was all but completely driven out within a minute.

Lavy placed her free hand on Stacey's forhead. She could feel that the presence was trying to hold onto Stacey by harming her body so Lavy let the own defences down enough to allow all soothing feeling fill Stacey's body and the pain she felt almost intently became only an uncomfortable numbing sensation.

potter_fan122

Stacey let out a long, low breath and her back relaxed. She could feel a lot of the pain go away, what was left just became something to be unconcerned about. Something in the backround. Her arm and legs relaxed as she thought of anything happy she could.

She opened her eyes a little more to find that she could see a little better. She found she could cough, which she did. "Ginny, let go." She whispered in a soft voice.

Ginny Weasly

((Sorry about the wait.))

Ginny opened one eye, smiling slightly.
"You think I'm stupid?" She asked, joking softly. She let go of Stacey's arms and slowly stood up.

She nodded at Lavy, still holding her own barriers in place. Without she or Lavy, Stacye would be totally unprotected. Just as Ginny wasn't able to hold the presence away by herself, nor was Lavy.

"Thanks Lavy. My powers are restricted at the moment."
She tried to make light of a worrysome situation.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

"I know," Lavy looked at her baby bump, "You shoudl sit down, Gin. I don't want you to fall down."

Ginny Weasly

Ginny waved Lavy off lightly, smiling.
"I'm okay." She said.

But she wasn't. Lavy was only taking precautions, and she nor Stacey could see how Ginny's hands were shaking slowly. Or how her skin was a tad paler than usual. Somehow, she managed to stand upright, facing Stacey with a smile on her face.
She was a trained soldier still.
She wouldn't budge until the danger was obliterated.

"Stacye, we have to take your mind offline for a bit if we are going to fix this...." She paused, "We'll have to take it from your soul and put it back so that it'll seem different. That'll buy us a month to find out whats going on."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey rubbed her wrists where Ginny had been holding them. The pain was starteing to come now. Her arms ached like someone had tried to rip them off. She looked up at Ginny.

"What do you mean?" She asked in a concerned voice, "What are you going to do? Take my mind... out of my body?" Her voice quivered slightly. She slowly stood up, but leaned her back against the wall. She held onto her left wrist gently; that ne hurt more than the other for some reason. "How long?" She asked, suddenly her voice was just a mere whisper.