News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

shivers and terrors (pm to join)

Started by Ginny Weasly, December 28, 2008, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaver

Xaver shook his head and looked away as she left, his arms wrapping more completely about his son's sleeping form.
He buried his face into Cody's shoulder, trying to calm his own fears.

"Mr. Xian?.."
Xaver looked up, not knowing how much time had passed.

Panic attack? His stomach clenched.
He could imagine why..

He nodded, slowly.
"Yes. Now."
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

The doctor nodded, motioning for him to follow her. She lead him down the hall and around a corner, then through a few sets of doors. Suddenly, they were in a pristine hallway with doors on all sides. One of them was open, and the doctor led Xaver in there.

Inside, the room was dim, and Ginny was on the bed, covered with a white blanket. She was sitting up, talking to a different nurse than Xaver had seen. This one was older, much more prone to smiling. The both looked up as the doctor, Xaver and Cody walked in.

The nurse patted Ginny's arm and left the room.

"Mrs. Xian, I suggest you stay here till morning so we can observe you. I think the worst of the worse is over." The doctor smiled at Ginny, then turned to Xaver, "Mr. Xian, you and your son are welcome to wait in this room. If you get hungry, we have a small cafeteria on the third floor."
She left.

Ginny looked at Xaver, "Bring Cody here. he can lay in the bed with me."
She moved over, making room for her small son. She spoke softly, however.
"Your brother said that you aren't the only one who's going to undergo some changes."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver followed, practicing obedience, then stopped just inside the doorway, the nurses lost to him as his dark oceans fell over Ginny. Cold and panicked gave over to warmth, and utmost relief. His gaze moved over her, slowly, watching and noting everything, anything, calculating and analyzing through the worry, and instinctual fear.
She was ok.
...She had to be ok.
Right?

Xaver padded quietly to her bed, then slowly bowed at his waist, gently depositing Cody next to Ginny. When the boy was pressed up against her side, he ran a hand through the thick mop of his hair, and tucked the sheet around his shoulder.

Perching on the bed, himself, Xaver brought his gaze to hers, laced still with the concern that had driven soul deep.

"...And.. What else, did the brother, mine, tell you..?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"That our marriage is a sort of contract."

Ginny raised one shoulder, smiling slightly, "And that I will developed a few...uh, abilities or what not."
She looked down at their son, shaking her head. Trying to clear it. They had given her something to relax her, and it made her mind slightly hazy.

"I dunno."

She seemed lost in staring at Cody, amazed by him. Amazed that she was the mother of such an innocent, adorable, beautiful child. And that she had another one growing inside of her. The whole concept was amazing to her.

"Hey Xav?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

A contract.
A link that was as eternal as the studies could forgive.

Xaver leaned more heavily into the bed, his hand resting atop Cody's sleeping head, and Ginny's leg brushing his hip. His unnerved heart still fluttered in his chest, but the tempo, then, was far more relaxed.
He wanted to believe, that she was perfectly fine, just as nature had it that all mankind wished everything wrong, would correct itself.
He new better.

And that scared the hell out of him.
As did the dam*ed hospital.

As an empath, Xaver was attune to emotions, as he was attune to sights, smells, touch.. Emotions, feelings - they were, to him, another sense.
The despair, agony, and loss that came with a hospital...
He jumped, when she murmured his name.

"Yes?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"D'you think we'll ever be able to live...without such worries?"

She continued to look at Cody, but her smile was gone.
"I mean, we shall always have worries. But why can't we worry about normal things? Like paying bills on time. Or getting our son to bed on time without a fight."

Ginny shrugged one shoulder, "I dunno. Forget it."
She settled back into the bed, reaching with her one hand and catching his hand that played with Cody's hair. She squeezed his hand with hers.

"I dunno."
Her thoughts were jumbled.
She looked up at him, finally.

"So what are they saying is wrong with me? The doctor didn't say."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"No.."
He laced his fingers with hers over Cody's head, then glanced down at their conjoined hands.
"I think, maybe someday.. Someday all of this will leave us, and we'll be able to live together, peacefully.."
Xaver's gaze flickered up, meeting hers.
"I want to believe that."

He had to believe that all of the angst, the drama.. The trials and disputes about who they were, and what he was..
Someday, they had to go away.
Solved or not.

"They haven't told anything, to me. The nurse outside is muttering about my cooperativeness.."

Xaver's gaze trailed out the half-blinded window, where the nurse and Ginny's doctor were speaking amongst themselves.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Oh?"

Ginny too looked out towards the window, one eyebrow raised in confusion.

"What didn't you cooperate about?"

She could only imagine. To many people, Xaver was a silent, unapproachable being. He scared many out of their wits just with a glance. And he didn't even intend to do it. At least magical people understood a little more. Muggles were afraid and they had no idea why.

"Refused to tell her your ethnic background?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Actually, I just told her the truth.."
To a degree.

Xaver's halfish grin was all devious mischief.
"I didn't do anything, I swear."

He brought his hands up, suspect style
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"The truth?"

Ginny raised her eyebrows, "The truth about what?"

She glanced back out the window, suddenly suspiciously of the nurse and doctor who only wanted to help her. Unconsciously, she began to rub Cody's arm, even though she had no way of knowing what had happened in the waiting room. Had she known, she would have gotten out of bed and said something very mean to the nurse. She hated it when people judged her by the age she had given birth to her son.
They knew nothing.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret