News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Stephanie Meyer

Started by Seth Lockhart, December 30, 2008, 11:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Stephanie Meyer is the new J.K Rowling?

YES! She's better!
4 (30.8%)
Nobody compares to J.K Rowling.
1 (7.7%)
She comes close.
3 (23.1%)
NEVER.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Seth Lockhart

I would like to know your personal opinion. Please post why though it is not neccesary.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

HAHA! That`s funny. Not really.

One- Spehanie and J.K are sooo different, it`s freaky, but they`re also a little the same. They both write really good books. When people say something about OCD I laugh, because I`m sure I have OCD with books. Seriously. They are too different for Stephanie to be the new J.K.

Two- J.K. made her imprint on the world. No one could copy that.

Three- The books have captured different audiences. Stephanie can`t be the new J.K. because, as they both have large audiences, the audiences are different.

Four- Stephanie made a big mistake when the Twilight movie came out. At least J.K. made the movies a little better.

Just my not so humble opinion.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

LavyBrown

Meyer's books came out less then five years ago and we're talking about her. It took J.K much more time to muddle through.

I agree that the first Harry Potter was better the Twilight, but that's not fault of Meyer. That's the studio's and the directors business to handle. The book really is a great place to get good material, which I've said before. The studio just decided to take all the not so great parts, rewrite them to really bad scenes and then give them to a crappy director, who made them worse.

J.K. and Meyer can be compared but it's wrong to try and stuff them into the same category. They wrote two completely different books. The only thing in common with them is that they both have to do with things that aren't real. I think they are one their own playing fields and do better then anyone else in those fields.
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

potter_fan122

Um, I confused myself, okay? I agree with your last paragraph. I, frankly, would rank the Twilight saga in my top ten books, the other spots taken by the Harry Potter books and one completely unknown author. I am obsessed with fictional stories, and I show no mercy when I say my opinion about them.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Seth Lockhart

Try reading books by Nicholas Sparks.

Night by Elie Wiesel is a book to remember.
The outsiders is good too. Can't remember the author.
Axel

Seth

Miss Xantier

Never! J.K. has way more fans! This site is prove of that, so she can't be the new J.K., Stephanie Meyer, only reached some boys, but there are girls out there who aren't Stephanie's fans, but I'm not saying that fans can't be both Twilight and Hp. The Twilight movie was great, can't wait for the New Moon movie, which is in production, and Eclipse is in development. Read Warriors, its amazing, very emotional.

LavyBrown

still think they should be jugde in their own fields.

Harry Potter is about a boy. So girls will like it cause we're use to it and boys will like it cause it's about a boy. Also it's about a boy trying to figure oout his way in life while trying to stay alive.Twilight, plain and simple is a love story. Boys are not too intrested in that.

And like I said, Harry Potter has had 15ish years to gain fans, plus five movies. Twilight has and 5ish plus one movie. I hardly think that's fair playing ground

Seth Lockhart

Axel

Seth

Piadora

Stephanie Meyer is a good novelist, but her way of writing can not compare with JKR.
JKR writes very smart and intense, and the way she puts details in everything is amazing. Everything counts.

I think that JKR helped whith her potter books to Meyer because she made people go back to books and opend a new door for authors of books.

LavyBrown

i stand by my previous posts

if Meyer couldn't even touch jkr then we wouldn't be talking about her now cause there would be nothing to talk about. Period.

Kilynn

The Twilight series amazes me! and is my favorite series!
i cant stop reading them..
Harry Potter also captures my attention amazingly!
so its very hard to choose.
i got kissed lol ;p "If ur having problems with someone, walk a mile in their shoes, then you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes"-Annonymous~