News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

-Not a Joke-

Started by potter_fan122, January 8, 2009, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey sat crossed legged with her elbows on her knees, her chin in her hands. Her eyes were wide and bright purple. Her light brown hair looked black in the dark light coming from the moon. She sat at the edge of the trees, hidden in blackness. Only tiny chunks of moonlight made it through the thick leaves and hit her.

She stared out towards the lake with a blank expression, no emmotion in her face, not even a flicker. The air was silent, still and warm, no living thing making noise. She slowly clesd her unblinking eyes and opened them again, now orange. This happened every so often tonight; she would suddenly feel a totally different emmotion than she had a second ago and, for some reason, closed her eyes to let them change instead of letting them change color on their own.

Her eyes could be odd that way; they would refuse to change unless they were closed, or they would flicker hundreds of different colors in just a few seconds. It jus depended on the feel of the atmoshere and Stacey`s own mood.

She stared out to the black water now, a series of ripples appearing, formed by some unseen organism. Slowly, Stacey stood up, her hand at her hip where a dagger was hidden under the edge of her jeans.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

"A small dagger has no chance among the many things that live beneath this lake."

Cody stood a few feet away, leaning against a small tree. His ice blue eyes seemed unnaturally bright in the darkness, reflecting the moonlight in a strange way. His pale skin seemed almost silver, and his black hair was messy as usual.

The five year old looked out over the lake, not telling how he had known what she was reaching for, or what she intended. He watched the small ripples that indicated something beneath the surface and smiled. A strange smile.
"Your best bet is to back away slowly."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey turned her head slowly to look at Cody. Despite the curcumstances, she couldn`t help but have a small smile on her face. "I wasn`t going to try and use a stupid dagger against whatever that is," She jerked her head towards the water. "But I think I`ve had enough problems to pass it off as a reflex."

Her eyes changed bright green as she blinked. She relxed her arm and took a step back to lean aginst the closest tree. Her hair covered her face as the wind picked up for a second and Stacey shook her head to move it again, knowing it would just get in her eyes again.

Ginny Weasly

"If you say so. But I know of people with more problems than yourself."

Cody shrugged one shoulder, his small hands playing with the bark of the tree while his eyes focused on her. He himself had been through more than the average five year old, but it didn't show. He blinked, slowly, thoughtfully.

"What are you doing out here?"

His small voice was questioning, though not demanding. If she chose not to answer him, he wouldn't care.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey shrugged. "I don`t really know. I`m outside more than I`m inside, usually. I can`t sleep half of the time. Can`t stand to be inside half of the time. Two halves make a whole." Her eyes trailed to the ground and she twirled a flexible twig between her fingers.

She looked back up, her eyes teal. "What are you doing out here?" She asked, using the same tone as Cody had.

Ginny Weasly

"Playing."

Cody's eyes wondered away from her, finding her of little interest now, and over the lake. He watched the ripples as they began to still, his mind on other things.

Why the five year old was out playing in the night was no volunteered information. And he wasn't going to tell Stacey. He had run from his mother, upset by her for some reason or the other that he couldn't quite recall.
It hadn't been important, really. But it had bothered him.
It didn't matter, he knew one of his parents would come looking for him sooner or later, and then he'd be in trouble.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded absentmindedly. She knew Cody would`t have been out "playing" as he had said. She figured him to be too adult-like to find normal play much fun.

Her eyes changed black as she looked back into the dark trees. It would be hard for the naked eye to see through the trees, only the more solid black of the trees telling where they were. A few scarce moonbeams lit the dark area.

Ginny Weasly

A dark shadow went over the moon, something flying in the night sky. Cody glanced up, mumbling under his breath.

"Nerezza. Casa delle cose difettose."

His Italian was flawless, as if he had grown up speaking it. He hadn't, he simply had a knack for languages. His blue eyes continued looking up at the moon for a moment longer before he too glanced behind them, towards the thick trees. He wasn't afraid, merely watchful.

He knew that nothing was perfectly safe.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey`s dark eyes narrowed as she felt something. It wasn`t something that you could actually feel, like hot or cold, but something you could sense. It wasn`t whatever had flown over the moon, that had barely bothered her at all. It was something in the trees.

Nothing strange was visible, but anybody would know that there are thousands of things unseen everyday. Her arms tensed uselessly around her waist, making sure the daggers were still where they should be.

Ginny Weasly

"Osservi."

Cody pointed towards the trees, his sharp eyes noticing a deeper shadow. He closed off all expression on his face, unsure of who or what was lurking there, watching the two of them. He was unable to get a read off the person, he had never been allowed to explore his psychic powers.

"Mostri. Show yourself."

He called into the trees, his eyes narrowed carefully. Cody's small voice was indeed the voice of  child, but it held an authority that went past his years.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey glanced at Cody as he spoke, his words not surprising her. Slowy, red merged its way into her irises, making them seem to glow in contrast from her pale face. A heavy cloud passed over the bright moon, making it suddenly a lot darker. Stacey tilted her head up to look to the sky.

She could no longer see the stars, the stars that only moments ago were clearly visable. Even though greater threats were present, this bothered Stacey; she had always felt some connection with the balls of fiery gas that lit the night sky with the moon. She narrowed her eyes and looked back into the dark trees.

Ginny Weasly

Cody frowned, shaking his head as whomever was hiding made no move to show themselves. He wasn't particularly in the mood for playing games, especially not with the unknown.

"Mostri, or I burn you out."

He could do it too, that was apparent by the way he held his hand, suddenly fully aflame. Something Ginny had only just taught to her advanced students this year. Obviously, she had taught it to her child as well. At least, a smaller version of it.

"Ok, ok. Don't use the fire!" A small man came sniveling from behind the trees, his eyes watching Cody's flames. His eyes jumped to Stacey, then back to Cody's.
"Put the fire out!"

Cody made a disgusted face, extinguishing the flame.
"Who is this guy?" He asked, contempt loud in his tone.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey`s arm flew up in reaction to the flame Cody produced. Small flames licked from her fingers, only barely burning. She only flinched when the man appeared and the flame in her hand didn`t go away. She shrugged in response to Cody, her eyes locked on the man.

"How should I know." She replied softly.

She wasn`t exactly sure of what the man was. It was obvious that he didn`t like fire, but that only narrowed the possibilities slightly.

Ginny Weasly

"Debole." Cody sneered, "Who are you?"

"My name isn't important. I am looking for someone in charge, someone who can help me." He watched Stacey's fire nervously, not daring to come any closer.

"For now, we are people who can help you. What do you want?"
Cody folded his arms, regarding the small tired looking man with apparent disdain.

The man blinked, looking over to Stacey, "Is he for real? He can't be but four years old and saying he's in charge?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled sweetly and the flame flickered in response. "I don`t know about you, but I would much rather talk to this young man than his mother if I were you." Her eyes sparked mischeviously.  "So, unless you want bigger trouble, I would talk to him. Or you can talk to me and I`ll talk to him."

The last choice she offered was obviously a sarcastic one, at least the man should be able to tell that much by her tone.