News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Wow everything is so different

Started by Josh Weasley1, January 25, 2009, 06:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Weasley1

Ive been gone for a good three-four years and this is just so much different. It looks like it's gone totally downhill and the RPing doesn't look as fun as it used to. Does anyone from my era agree?
Dancing days are here again

Sky

I joined a year ago, but I can already see the differences.

The Role Playing on this site has become terrible. I may start a new site for the old or more experienced members when I get time. I'm not quite sure yet. I probably won't be able to keep up with it.

Josh Weasley1

yeah I remember when the role playing was amazing and everyone was always on now it looks like the people have no idea what they're talking about.

fudge0604

Kk... I joined this forum a year ago, and things have changed. Of course, you don't notice it so much when your going through it all, day after day, but when I think over it, there are some major changes, that has occured with new members, old members that've left, and that the books are over.

It's quite boring to be on oftenly, since I live in Norway. When I'm on, no one else is...

Post Potter depression.

Josh Weasley1

The vibe on here isn't as good as it was either. I don't know wjat of is about it but it's a lot different

fudge0604

I know... I think that I'm part of that turning in 'vibe'. Well, not directly. Or if you could say also, directly :P Since newbs allways come, and it takes some time for them to get to know the site, it often becomes tense, with a bit yelling and such, since some people isn't that... Yeah...

Most of the new ones try to do their best, so that the older ones can accept them!
It's all very confusing, indeed   :-\

Post Potter depression.

Alexis

I'm still in a way a "newbie" even though I've been here for about a year. (Including my old account.)
I can't really say that I've seen that many changes.  However, that is probably because I haven't been here long enough.
But the forum (No offense to anyone here) has gotten rather boring.  There seems like there is nothing to RP about.
I don't know if it's just me, or what.
=\
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

Josh Weasley1

Ill try to do the RPing like before some of them had no point to them but they were good things to do to pass the time.

Sky

See, the new members need to understand something...

When you type with bad grammar and spelling, your posts will probably be looked down on and skipped by. I understand some people aren't that good with it, but atleast Mozilla Firefox has a spell check.

Another thing is that this is a Harry Potter Forum. When you look at these posts, people are turning it into a Twilight Forum. Vampires are overthrowing the wizards now. It's about the romance rather than learning how to defend yourself.

People need to understand that this is Harry Potter. And that RPing is like writing a story. It needs detail and some life to be good.

Josh Weasley1

Exactly and I understand if you like Twilight but this is Harry Potter.If you want to have Twilight RPing go find a d**n Twilight Forum.

Sky

Ha. I used to like Twilight but now I can't stand the d**n series. I didn't even finish the fourth book because it was so ridiculous. 

But yeah, you're right.

~Harry Potter~

Hey Josh, long time no see dude.  Looks like I am not the only one to come back.  When I first came back I got the same reaction.  I tried a few times to get the RP better such as Improving Thy Personal and my own new character of Rhyme in the Bio Section.  Doesn't seemed to have made 'that' much of an impact though. 

I think it is time to try less subtle meathods. 

-goes to get the cattleprod and a whip-
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

dobby888

Yay! I love it when oldies come back! ((No offense you guys probably aren't even old...)) It seems to bring such a lift into certain sections of the HPF world!  Whenever one oldie starts a topic, several other oldies join, along with a newbie who gets yelled at the whole time!  ;D

I agree, something has definitely happened to HPF, but I think it will always be changing.  No matter how much you try to keep HPF 'as it was' younger, newer people keep coming, changing it, no matter how much you try to stop them.

Josh Weasley1

Hey Harry its been a while. haha ive looked at all my old posts and wow what an embarassment ive defeintly improved with everything. Yeah i was looking on the topic you started that talked about how HPFF changed and how all of the oldies left so it made me want to rejoin.  ;D 

dobby888

Well I'm glad that you rejoined, and I hope I get the chance to RP with you!