News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Whoever Said That if You Play With Fire, You`ll Get Burned?

Started by potter_fan122, February 4, 2009, 09:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Fire was everywhere. Around the trees, up in the leaves, licking the ground, even around a person.

Stacey stood in the middle of a rather large clearing, arms outstretched, and a large smile on her face. The fire fire pounding from her palms and fingers. The flames were swirling around in different designs, some swirls, some animals, and others were plants or people.

Her eyes were vibrant red, almost highlighter-bright. This wasn`t because she was mad, it was because she was playing with fire. She had never made something this large before with fire. The fire she made seemed to bend under her every thought, and it didn`t burn anything. Even the heat it gave off was more like the heat that comes from a fireplace instead of a bon fire.

The large smile seemed plastered on her face; her eyes were cheery and her face was stretched with the effort of her smile. She couldn`t remember being this happy just because of fire. Normally fire brought sadness or death, but Stacey had found otherwise.

((She`s in a good mood. Anyone can join, but keep her happy.  :P))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"You might want to be a little more careful." Called a familiar voice.
"While fire may be fun to play with, it can catch on to other things and cause some damage."
Sky had walked into the clearing taking a step next to Stacey. She wore a black zip up hoodie and jeans, her hair curled a little at the end.  Her gray eyes sparkled as the fire's light illuminated them.

potter_fan122

Stacey laughed happily, slightly breathless. Immediatly a path cleared its way, allowing a way for Sky to walk towards Stacey. The fire immediatly cooled about twenty degrees.

"Don`t worry about the fire, it won`t burn anything I don`t want it to." Her eyes trailed away as a fiery pheonix flew around her.

Sky

Sky took a seat on the ground, pulling her knees up and hugging them. She took a deep breath and got a scent of the burning smell. She could hear the sound of twigs snapping and leaves burning.

"So you find happiness in this?" Sky asked quietly.

"In destruction?"

potter_fan122

Stacey threw her arms toward the ground and the fire immediatly disappeared, no sign of it being there was present. In one fluid movement, she, too, was sitting on thr ground hugging her knees.

"It depends on the way you look at it. I don`t see fire as destruction; I see it as life." She explained carefully.

Sky

Sky could see a point there. Fire helped rebuild a forest. But then again...before the reconstruction, there was ash. Ash and a lot of darkness to be lit up. It was interesting how the light create something dark only to be light again.

She picked up a stick with her hand and carefully inspected it before laying it back down on the ground.
"Being able to harness fire is a wonderful yet terrible gift."

potter_fan122

Stacey tilted her head to the side, her eyes still bright orange from using fire. "What makes you think so?" She asked curiously.

In her opinion, fire represented life. It was bright and cheerful, like a person could be, it could also be angry. It could make mistakes, it was hard to control. Like a person. Like life. Life wasn`t easy to handle, neither was fire.

Sky

Sky shrugged.

"I guess..while it represents all of this stuff...life and light, it represents other things too. Hatred--anger. I've seen it happen. It represents destruction and chaos. But it depends on the person rather than the fire itself."

potter_fan122

"How do think I use fire?" She replied softly without missing a beat. Stacey stared at a twig laying in front of her.

Sky

"Well...today you seemed a little reckless with it, but I think you use it the mature way." Sky replied quietly.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded. "I understand what you mean by that." She whispered. She lifted one of her hands and twisted her first finger in and intricate patter. Slowly a speck appeared, slowly growing longer until it was about eight inches long, then it twisted and swirled around, forming a rosebud. "Life." She mumured.