News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

"A Million Wishes"~ a story of Draco's Daughter

Started by __Ms.Evans__, March 13, 2009, 06:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

__Ms.Evans__

I just thought I'd make a new fan fic. I dont care if the series is over... it'll live on!! lol okay sooo here it goes.. oh and btw, i thought i'd make draco at least a LITTLE nicer.. teehee. if thats okay with u..:

I threw myself on a nearby bench and stared at the huge mass of travelers that hurried towards every direction. This train station was rather packed in the fall. I could pick out a few familiar faces from my school, but they were so busy, saying good-bye to their family's, I didn't even bother speaking to them. I grabbed my backpack and pulled out a book I had found at a nearby library an hour before. The cover was a light shade of perrywinkle and had a picture of a colorful star on it. I glimpsed at the title and the author. It was called, "A Million Wishes", by Hermione Granger. Why did i recognize that name? I stared at the book for a little bit before I realized my father was standing beside me. I shoved the book back into my backpack, threw it over my shoulder and stood up to face my dad. He looked around at the rushing people and then down at me. He grinned a little. "Here's your breakfast." He handed me a bag that smelled like a freashly baked cinnimon bun.
      I looked up at him and groaned. "Dad.. you know I don't like this kind of stuff."
     He smirked, "Well, that's all I could think of. Sorry Lia. But, hey. There'll be food on the train. You know that. I mean, it's horrible compared to your mother's food, but you'll live." I sighed.
     I looked up at my father's face and my neck cracked. He towered over me and I was mostly used to the piercing pain in my neck. My dad swiped his had up to touch my face. He laughed when I frowned.-- I didn't really enjoy public affection. My dad loved to show off his daughter to the world. He always said that I look just like him, with my pale blonde hair, and my dark blue eyes.-- I turned away from my father and grabbed my green and gold trunk. My dad said, "Oh come on. You can"t stay mad at me forever."
     I sat back on the bench, holding everything I had in one hand and my other hand was clenched into a fist. I was so aggrivated with my dad, I almost didn't realize that a large group of red-headed kids in my school and a few normal wizards walked by. I stared at the group, then looked at a tall red-headed man that glared at my father. I didn't dare look at my father's face. He hated that man. That's what I knew for sure. But I didn't quite know who he was. Then there was a woman who clentched hands with one of the red-headed kids. I assumed it was his wife. Also there were a couple following their kids towards platform 9 3/4. My dad hated that family with a passion and I didn't dare to ask why. I just continued wondering silently in my mind for years, and for some strange reason, I had a feeling I was going to figure out this year.
     That is when I stood up and followed the family. My dad resisted for a moment, but then followed.
Life is like a bird that cannot fly.
For if you give up on your dreams, your life will die.
Can we help giving up our dreams?
We're not sure because no thing's what it seems.
That's the point of it all though.
We must concour challenges to do so. ~__Ms.Evans__

Miss Xantier

Good story! Please post another part! Its very interesting!

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on March 13, 2009, 10:11:42 PM
Good story! Please post another part! Its very interesting!
teehee thanks!! okayy...^^btw: please dont mind my spelling... ^_~

My father walked behind me as I pulled my baggae towards a large brick column. He eventually laid off the fact that the strange family was here and began to remind me about everything we had talked about hours before. "-make sure to behave and have fun. I didn't send you to that school for no reason you know..." I sighed and grinned a little. He then assured me that my busy, work-aholic mother would be home for the holidays. I loved my mum to death, but honestly, she was so busy that sometimes I forgot she even existed. When I was little, everytime I wanted her to play with me, I'd go into her office and from behind her huge desk, she'd throw me a smile and say, "Next time, dearest. Mummy's working." Now that I'm 12, she decided it was best she worked away from home.. My dad is a little nervous about that.. I recall him saying a few days before, "They're out there. Who knows what Potter is capable of? Sooner or later he'll take over the Ministry and then what?!" I wasn't sure what my father meant, but now, when I get to Hogwarts, I'll be researching at the first chance I get.
    I hugged my dad, waved farewell, and followed a red-haired boy onto the train that'd bring me to my getaway, my school, my life. I got on the first near-empty compartment, put my bag on the shelf above my seat and waved towards my dad out the window. Then, I noticed a man was speaking to him with a serious face. He had dark hair and he wore round glasses. He had a semi-tall woman standing beside him, staring at my dad with a frown. I realized it was one of the strange men my father didn't like. I turned my head to look at my dad's face and he looked faintly confused and annoyed. He turned to look at my window and the dark-haired man followed his gaze. My father smiled and waved at me. I swiped the concerned look off of my face and waved back. The strange man looked at my dad, and then me again and grinned a little. He moved his mouth and looked as though he almost congratulated him. For what? I didn't know...-- Suddenly the horn of the train sounded and it frightened me so much I fell into my seat, afraid I might fall over. I looked out the window one last time and realized how 'apart' my father looked from the other student's parents. He wore all black that showed off his pale hair even more. Everyone else wore either colorful muggle clothes or colorful robes. He didn't pay attention to anyone else in the station and kept both of his crystal blue eyes on my window. I didn't nessicarily think he was looking at me. I think he was looking blankly at nothing, probably thinking. His face wore a curious expression until the train began to move. He then, focused on me and waved good-bye one last time before my getaway slowly pulled out of the station.

to be continued-- sorry i g2g for now... be back later to right more

Miss Xantier

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on March 18, 2009, 07:26:40 AM
this is awesome! Keep going!  :o ;D

teehee thanks... I cant write now.. but when I get the chance, I promise you I will.. thanks for reading.^^ ~Ms.Evans

Miss Xantier

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on March 23, 2009, 10:43:00 AM
you're welcome!

~Isabelle Xantier

okay soo where was I?... oh yes:

The ride on the train seemed endless. I could've written a book about my entire life if I hadn't fallen asleep. In my compartment where two girls I knew from the previous year. The both sat on one side while I had the other to myself. For the first half-hour, we talked about our summers.. well actually they talked mostly while I nodded. Eventually I seperated from their conversation, laid my head against the window and dosed off into my own thoughts. All of a sudden, everything went black, and I was out like a light. My freind, Melony shook me awake when we arrived at Hogwarts. I rubbed my eyes and stretched a little bit before glimpsing out the window. It was dark out and all could see was the sillouettes of the students leaving the train.. I smiled reassuringly. "I'm home..." I whispered to myself.

to be continued.. ~thanks. ~__Ms.Evans__

Miss Xantier

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on March 27, 2009, 11:11:16 AM
oooooo. keep going! I hate waiting!
sorry!^^ just been really busy!>>

I grabbed my backpack and almost left the compartment before I realized the strange book was lying down on my seat. I snatched it and quickly walked out of the compartment. Melony and my other friend, Jake, followed me off of the train into a small station in which many students crowded. Jake, who I hadn't talked to in months, was close behind me. He almost spoke for the first time in what it seemed like forever, but before he could, the sound of the train's horn filled the foggy air. He frowned for a few moments but soon got over it and kept walking. Melony followed Jake with a nonstop, grinning face. I led the two to the carridge that would bring us up to Hogwarts.
      When we got in the carridge and everyone and everything was a lot quieter, I finally had a chance to really look at my friends. They hadn't really changed much except Jake was probably 4 inches taller than last year--growth spurt no doubt..
      Jake was a tall, light-haired, quiet boy with a good sense of humor. His hair was slightly curly on the ends and he had thoughtful, crystal blue eyes. Jake was kind-hearted and always looked on the positive side of things although, still to this day, he always wondered why exactly he was put into the Slytheren house.
      Melony's dark brown hair seemed to grow about 5 more inches and it hung a few inches above her elbows. Her smile was bright and glowing. She was so beautiful, which always made me wonder, 'Why on earth does she enjoy being my friend?' Her dark brown eyes shimmered with excitement and happyness as though it was her first year at Hogwarts. Actually it wasn't. It was our third year. Yes. I was 12 and I was a third year. I would be turning thirteen in a few days.
     Jake was the first of us to speak, "Great to see you again Lia.." He smiled warmly and stared directly into my eyes. I just sat there, staring at his blue eyes, entranced by their beauty until I finally realized-- 'if I'm looking directly into his eyes, then he must be looking at my eyes.. wait why does he look confused? Oh right! It's because I'm staring at him!' I shook my head out of the trance and quivered a little. Then I said, smiling,"Oh yeah. It's great to see you again." I turned to look at Melony, "You too." At that moment, Melony's smile grew until it was as big as her school badge.

to be continued.. dont worry! I'll be back sooner or later! haha byee ~__Ms.Evans__

Miss Xantier

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on April  2, 2009, 07:37:21 AM
i hope soo! you got me hooked on this story.

lol oh thanks.. mabye if I get the chance, I'll probably lean the plot out of Harry Potter because.. it'd probably be illegal, and then I could publish it. haha but i wont go THAT far.. Oh so what do you think of my characters so far? Should I do some more detailing on what they look like or should I let your imagination decide on what they look like...?

Miss Xantier

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on April  3, 2009, 06:43:12 AM
i have a pretty good imagination.

Ha ha okay. Imagination it is..

The giant, moving staircases that filled the humongous room that lead us to different floors seemed to have moved a lot slower than last year.. either that or my patience is beginning to run out much quicker. It was so exciting to see everything and everyone again. I couldn't help but smile as wide as Melony.
    We went up to the common rooms first, to put our luggage away. Melony, as usual, insisted on giving me the bunk by the window. She was so kindhearted.. The green curtains made the room seem more dark and almost unspacious, just how I liked it. I set my bag on my bed and stood still, to observe the room. It was comfy and inviting, so I was sure things would be okay. I'm not to sure how I knew it, but I did. I sat on my bed.
    I then, went through my small backpack, and noticed a small bag of chocolates. I hadn't seen them ever in my life, but I popped one into my mouth anyways. What's the most it could do? Then pulled out the strange book. I evaluated it absentmindedly as my friend sat beside me. Melony's face went confused. " 'A Million Wishes?' Why does that sound so familiar? ...Oh my...Do you know how valuable that book is?"
     I looked up at Melony, even more confused than her. "What? It's just a book.. It looked intresting so I grabbed it before I got on the train." She grabbed the book out of my hand and flipped through the pages.
    "This is by Hermione Granger. THE Hermione Granger. Do you know who she is?" Melony asked me widened. I shook my head. Just then, one of the other Slytheryn girls popped her head into the room. She was small and her brown hair covered most of her face. Her small image didn't make her tiny voice shocking.
     "Um.. It's time for dinner..", she whispered.
     Melony put the book on the table beside my bed. She grabbed my arm and pulled me up off of my bed. She spoke quietly, "I'll explain later.. Let's not ruin the night. " My face grew blank. What did she mean by RUIN? What was going on?
     As we got to the common room Melony said, "Don't worry.." Out of nowhere, Jake was standing inches away from us and he said, "About what?" I didn't answer, still in shock. His usual smile turned worried."Lia, are you okay? I think.." He and Melony tried to hold me up as I fell to the floor. Everything went dark.

to be continued..

Miss Xantier

whoa! COOL!!!!!!!!! This is awesome as ever! I take it I'm the only one reading this story and reviewing.

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on April 10, 2009, 06:28:30 AM
whoa! COOL!!!!!!!!! This is awesome as ever! I take it I'm the only one reading this story and reviewing.

I suppose so.... oh well.. it doesn't matter to me..^^

As I opened my eyes, a small streak of light hit my face. I was in a bed. It was extremely quiet in the room, but I could tell that there were more people than just me. I looked over to my right and saw Jake smiling hopefully at me. Beside him was Melony, sleeping against him. He shook her awake, but so gently, I think she would've stayed asleep. Something was strange. Something was wrong with this picture. As Melony began to awaken, Jake reached over to hug me, moving his mouth, but no noise came from it. It was then when I began to panic.
    I couldn't hear a bloody thing! Now that I thought about it, the room was ENTIRELY quiet. I looked at Melony and she could tell something was wrong. She pulled Jake back into his seat beside my bed, her eyes glued on me. She began to move her mouth as my eyes began to water. I didn't know what was happening and I needed to know. I scooted over and sat up, facing my back to my friends. I shakily, stood up and called something, I didn't know what exactly. My head shook with pain and worry as Madam Pomfrey scurried into the room. She looked a little more calm than Melony. She moved over to me and sat me down on my bed. She glanced over at my friends and began to speak. I looked back at them to see what their input was.
     Jake's usual, calm, kind, confident face was now shocked, worried, and maybe even frightened. Melony sat still, not moving her eyes off of me. She grabbed Jake's arm and pulled him up off of his chair. I looked questioningly at Madam Pomfrey and back at them. Just then, the two hurried out of the room.
      Madam Pomfrey turned my head towards her. She pulled a small, green bottle out from her pocket and gestured for me to drink it. So I did. The taste wasn't too bad considering I was starving and the rest of my body was in pain. Almost immediately, the sound came back. I could hear Madam Pomfrey murmuring to herself about how awful the person who gave me that chocolate were. I stared at her and spoke softly, "No one GAVE me that chocolate. It was in my bag." She looked at me relived because I was talking again, but then she seemed curious.
     "Oh. Well, dear. That's even worse. A sly criminal put it there. Surely, you didn't take a bag of '' to school. Yes, it may sound tempting, but those buggers do some of the strangest things to you. You passed out,--unconscious for a day, might I add--, you talked in your sleep about some purple daffodils.--"
         I cut in," A-actually, I talk in my sleep all the time.."
        She smiled a little, "Well, seeing as you're alright, I'll let you go by noon. But first, get some rest." She touched my face, stood up and walked back into her small office.
      I laid my head down onto my pillow first. When I did, I began to wonder about what Melony had said minutes before. She was rather odd. Minutes later, I fell into a deep, calm, sleep.

to be continued.. ^^