News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Borderline Obsession

Started by LavyBrown, April 13, 2009, 10:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Thank you, Voldimort, but you didn`t really have to do that. Thalia, please stop posting in topics the way you are. You should post with your own character.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

LavyBrown

(lol it's ok stacey you we're probably thinking about outher posts)
(please stop posting as me this is the second time you have done this, i will report you if you keep doing it)

"As I got older Nathen and I got closer. Not in a child molester-child context. As friends. By the time I was seven Nathen and I would see each other almost every day. He would pick my brothers and I up from school and sometimes take us there too. My mom and dad fought more and more about him. She was getting more and more weary of his constent precence. And then he stopped coming. All together. I was so sad. He always talked to me alone about school and my life. It was nice. With four older boys my parents had their hands full.

"So a little attention was nice. And then it was gone. About a month after that things started getting weird to say the least. We woke up and our entire front lawn was ripped up, broken windows, missing soccar balls and basketballs, missing dolls, things like that..."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded, leaning forward still as if trying to listen better. Her eyes flashed from eletric green to hot pink and back again. She titled her head, wanting Lavy to go on.

((>.< Super short post. Sorry!))

LavyBrown

"And then I found his number. I would take my oldest brother's cell phone and talk to Nathan for about an hour very night. He told me that I didn't ever act my age. That I skipped ages one to twenty-five. And that's why he licked talking to me. That I understood complex situations better then many of the adults he knew..."

"That went on for about three months until my brother got his phone taken away for talking to people in the middle of the night. And you can imagine how quick everyone figured that it was actually me. And who I was talking to. My dad was almost complacent. He was glad that I had my own little outlet with someone he trusted. But my mom....she totally flipped. She wanted to send me to the States for school. Not as punishment, but because by then she was having nightmares of Nathan coming in the night and taking me. And she was so worried that I would just leave with him because I trusted him so much...

"Another two months passed and the odd things going on around the house only got worse. Someone wrote in red pain on our house ''Just wait....''. Even I was pretty scared. We had the police involved but no one would figure things out. And then...."

Lavy took a deep breath. This was when The story started getting ugly and she braced herself for it, "And then May came and everything you could imagine hit the fan."

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded. She felt her eyes change from green, to pink, to orange, to yellow, and back to green. She nodded as Lavy talked, as if she were checking off of a list or something.

"And then?" She asked. Stacey had always loved a good story, especially scary ones.

LavyBrown

"I can remember the minute my brothers left the house. It was 10:14 in the morning and it was so warm. I wanted to go out with them but my mom was making cookies so I stayed home to help her. It was 5:30 when my mom started getting worried. Danny, he was the oldest was 16 but she was still really worried. When they didn't come home and 6:15 she wanted to call the cops. My brothers did a lot of bad things but they were never late."

"My dad calmed her down but by 9 he was ready to call the police himself. It wasn't until 10 that they actually did call them. When the offices arrived my mom sent me to bed but I listened to them at the top of the steps. My dad told the cops about all the odd things going on around the house and the officer in charge asked if there was anyone who hated anyone in the family enough to want to hurt my brothers. My mom accused Nathen without even hesitation but my dad disagreed."

"It took the police two days to find the shed. When they got there there was no one inside. Just blood. So much blood. They tested it and it matched all my brothers. They sent dogs out to search for the bodies, they assumed that no one could live with that massive of blood loss, but they came up empty. In less then a week my world was turned upside down and it was only going to get worse."

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded, hearing but not seeing. She was seeing what Lavy was describing. She saw three brothers leaving a house, even though Lavy didn`t say how many brothers there were, and all of them were smiling and laughing. None of them expected to die, or anything bad, in fact.

Then she saw a shed, when she looked inside she found straw and rags soaked in blood. It was a bright, murderous loking color, and it was everywhere.

The pictures she saw were not Lavy`s memories, no. They were the pictures any good reader would put together when they read or heard a story. It was like putting a puzzle together. The pictures didn`t exactly fit, but they made sense to the person thinking them.

Voldimort101

LavyBrown

(if you can figure out a way to sneak in yeah)

Lavy paused, steading herself. Even if Stacey had entered her mind she wouldn't have seen the shed for what it was like. Lavy had only seen pictures of it. But what she was about to start describing she had seen with her own eyes. And there was really no way around seeing it herself. She only hoped that Stacey didn't take this moment to look in.

"My mom could bearly get out of bed. And even then it was only to take care of me. She wouldn't take care of herself. My dad took fewer hours to stay with her but it didn't help. She wouldn't really speak for nearly two months. It was nearly Augest when she finally left the house. That night she came home in a new dress and a smile. I was so happy to see her..."

Lavy did see her just was she was in that moment. Young, radient, happy. "She cooked up a storm. She had to have cooked at least twenty different things from twenty different books. When my dad came home he was happy as well. Not just because of my mom but because there was a new lead in my brothers case."

"That night I went to bed happy. For the last time in a long time as well."

potter_fan122

Stacey slowly shook her head, more to herself than to Lavy. She continued to see the pictures in her mind, even though she hadn`t the fainest idea what Lavy`s family looked like. Also, she wasn`t one to abuse her power of absorbing other`s powers just when they were near unless she needed to. And Stacey knew quite enough of Lavy`s past to not neccesarily want to look into her mind to see the exact pictures.

She could, however, feel the feelings behind the memories Lavy recalled. That part was inevitable. She hadn`t learned how to block out separate parts of her minds powers. Well, she didn`t exactly try, either.

LavyBrown

"It was just past 11 when I heard screaming. There were no words.... just pain. It shattered the otherwise peacefulness and love of that night. It stopped for a few seconds while I sat up in bed, to scared to do anything. And then it started again. I knew it was my mom but my first thoughts went to my dad. Somehow over the screaming I could hear footsteps coming to my door. He bursted in. He pulled me out of my covers and under my bed without saying a word and left.

"I tried blocking out all the sounds coming from downstairs but..." She could hear it in her head now as she talking about it. It made her feel cold and lonely. She even shivered, "They were too loud. Screaming from both my parents and fighting too. Though my open door I could see flashes of colors from the spells that were being sent to whoever was attacking them."

"It wasn't a quick death. A lot of people can find comfort in knowing that family member die peacefully or with as little pain as possible. I don't have that. For an hour and a half I had to listen to them dying...." Lavy paused again, not wanting to go on. But she had to, she couldn't explain why she did but she did.

"And then it finally stopped. I don't know how long I laid there not moving. More then five hours because I could see the sun being to rise. It wasn't until I heard walking on the steps when I really started to lose it. I was shaking and I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks although there was no sound. I saw feet walk past my door and then come back again. I closed my eyes, hoping that whatever happened to me it would be quick. And then I heard his voice. He was saying my name so gently it was like silk. He reached out and pulled me into his arms. Nathen sang to me trying to calm me before he took me out of my room.

"I didn't see their bodies. I'm glad I didn't. I only saw the aftermath of the fight. Nothing in the house looked the same. When we got outside, Nathen tried to make me walk but my legs wouldn't work so he picked me back up. He told me that he was too late to help my mom and dad but he would raise me as his own."

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded and blinked a few times quickly. She was so attached to the story that she was almost crying. She saw everything just as Lavy had, finally unconsciously entering her thoughts. She didn`t even know she had, or how she had.

She absent-mindedly ran her fingers up and down her arms, chewing the inside of her lips thoughtfully.

Voldimort101

(Will this work?)
Rebeca loved her first year!Although she relized something was wrong.

(Short post.Really sorry! :-[)

LavyBrown

(it's doesn't really fit the mood, honestly)

"He walked with me in his arms for a long time, humming to me. An hour at least.The only thing I did know, that I could think about, was that I was alone. My brother's were missing, presumed dead and now I had just spent the whole night under my bed listening to my parents being murdered. I didn't know who had killed them, which really scared me. I was terrified that whoever killed them would come back to finish the job."

"My thoughts went to Nathen and his entire coven. I had only met a few members from the coven, and although some of them were seedy characters I didn't want them to die because of me. I started kicking my legs out and swinging my arms until Nathen finally let go of me. I tried to run from him, but....well he's a grown man against a child. I didn't put up that much of a fight."

"After that I lost track of time. My brain just ceased to function properly. I was awake but I might as well have been dead. That's how producive I was. When I finally started thinking again clearly Nathen told me that it had only been five days. To me it felt like a lifetime."

Lavy looked at Stacey, feeling her presence in her mind but doing nothing to prevent it, "The worst part is that that's not even the worst part."

potter_fan122

Stacey`s eyes flitted to Lavy`s as she felt her look at her. she always knew when someone was looking at her, especially Ginny or Lavy.

She nodded absently. She was spaced out and her eyes were distant. Unless Lavy spoke directly to her for while, she would stay that way. She was running her fingers over her own palm, hardly realizing it. It was just something she had started doing when she became caught up in Lavy`s story. Something to keep her tethered to the present.