News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Dip in the cool water

Started by LavyBrown, April 22, 2009, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavyBrown

Lavy stepped out onto the highest branch of the tree she was in. She balanced herself out over it to the end and looked down. The water was clear, the moonlight reflecting off the water almost as brightly as the sun would. It was a warm night with no hint of a breeze. Rare in England. She smiled and took a deep breath. She jumped.

She sliced though the water like a knife though butter, smooth and silent. She didn't go every deep on purpose, she didn't want to get in a fight with the merpeople tonight. In fact, she wasn't in much of a fighting mood. She wanted peace and the water provided that. She allowed herself to float back up to the top.

It was quite, only the sounds of the forest reached her ears and even those seemed to respect her need for only gentle sounds. She floated the entire length of the lake twice. It wasn't until she came close to the forest's edge again that she actually used her muscles. She swam to the shoreline and sat down next to a big grandfatherly tree. She heard movement in the leaves above and looked up to see what it was
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

dobby888

Leah fell from the tree, gracefully leaping to the ground.  She let her eyes shine as she walked to the lake.  She was extremely happy, having a warm night meant that she finally had a chance to wear shorts without getting weird looks. 

With her hands shoved firmly in her back pockets, and a light pink tank top on, she walked over to Lavy.  She chewed a piece of gum with a sort of rhythm that you could detect but not manage to repeat because of it's complicated verses and repeats.  Leah seemed to make everything she did into a sort of song.

She smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Leah! Have we met?"

LavyBrown

Lavy looked at the girl in front of her. She knew who she was, yes. But that was only because she had to know every student in the school. That was part of her job descprition. She didn't know her personally. Lavy stood up to shake her hand.

"Not in person no, but I do know who you are. I'm Lavy."

Aiden

Aiden strolled silently through the forest.  It was later in the night, and Aiden could barely see through the trees that the moon was hovering over the dark lake.  He stepped through a clearing of trees that led towards the shore of the murky lake.  It wasn't until he near the shoreline that he ran into Lavy and Leah.

Aiden glanced at the two of them.  He had met Lavy before but he had only heard of Leah.  However, he knew who she was without being introduced.  "Hello." Aiden greeted them quietly, careful not to startle either of them with his quiet approach.

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

LavyBrown

Lavy looked over her shoulder at him and smiled. She hadn't heard his approach but she had felt his presence coming near to her. She hadn't seen him in a long time it felt. Christmas time if she remembered correctly. She turned and walked over to him. It wasn't much of a walk and probably unnecessary. He was only ten feet away from them.

"Hi, Aiden," She said softly. The forest was so muted other then the night time activities of the forest animals what it seemed out of place to speak much louder then she was now, "Last time I saw you we where both in winter cloths. This is Leah. Leah this is Aiden." Lavy took a step to the side so that Leah and Aiden could see each other clearly.

dobby888

"It's nice to meet you! Officially..."  Leah said softly to Lavy.  As Aiden stepped out of the forest, she looked up, following Lavy over to him.  She had seen Aiden around, possibly even was introduced to him before, but they weren't good friends.  "Nice to meet you"  She said, kindly to him. 

Aiden

Aiden smiled at both of them.  "Nice to meet you too."  He told Leah quietly.  Aiden leaned to the side so he could put his weight on the tree.  He hadn't seen Lavy in ages, and it was good to finally meet Leah.  Aiden was usually the type not to talk that much but he felt comfortable with them.

He looked out towards the lake, and then at Lavy and Leah.  "Were the two of you swimming?"  He asked them both.  He loved to swim, and it seemed to be nice weather out to do so.   A slow breeze blew around the silently.

LavyBrown

"I was," Lavy said looking back over at he lake. She wanted to jump in, "It's the perfect time and temperature. No one is really out here this late and the water is still really warm from the hot sun today."

She patted her damp hair and pulled it back into the ponytail. She been meaning to cut it off for so long now that she wondered her original reason for wanting to do it. It was so long now that when it was straightened out it reached pass her mid back. But right now it was pretty curly. She looked back up at the sky at the white moon, "I kinda want to get back in."

dobby888

"I wasn't swimming, but I wouldn't mind... it's really nice out!"  She said, looking around the empty lake.  The water was perfectly still, like a perfect sheet of glass.  The air was still warm, beginning to turn over to cool.  She was sure the the water was warmer than the air.  Swimming actually sounded like the perfect pass time at the moment

Aiden

Aiden looked at the lake.  It usually looked dark, murky, maybe even scary.  However, now, on this hot day it looked warm and inviting.  He titled his head to the side, and leaned farther against the tree.

"I actually wouldn't mind taking a swim right about now.  I need to cool off."  Aiden told them.  He wondered they were sick of swimming for the day.  Aiden put his hands in his pockets, and sighed quietly.

dobby888

"Well what are we waiting for?" Leah asked, already undressing.  She had put her swimsuit on, using a spell, but it was under her current layer of clothing.  She made a small pile of her clothes, now in her black splatter-painted bikini. 

Aiden

Aiden took off his shirt revealing a sleeve-less black shirt.  He was already wearing short so he took his shoes off.  Aiden smiled, and started to walk towards the lake.  He slowly put his toe in the shallow water to test it out.

dobby888

Leah giggled at Aiden.  She took off sprinting for the lake.  Right before the water touched her toes, she launched herself into the air and dove down into the lake, about 10 feet in.  She had had no idea what temperature the water would be like, so it came as a shock to her system.  As she began to get used to the slightly cool water, she drifted towards the surface of the water, not far away from her head.