News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Swine Flu

Started by Miss Xantier, May 9, 2009, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Xantier

In the case of Swine Flu becoming dangerous. I thought we should be discussing this here. So anyone who has a say in Swine Flu or any updates post it here!

fudge0604

I have one.

If you are easily scared with diseases like the swine flu and such, don't look down!

Scientists are fearing that the bird flu, and the Swine flu will combine, making a super virus. The bird flu is much more deadly than the swine flu, but the bird flu doesn't spread as easily as the swine flu!

If the two viruses meet, they can combine, getting the deadliness of the bird flu, and the easily spread ability from the swine flu.

This is not a joke, even though the name of the two viruses would be fun, when, and IF they combine. It's not certain that they will combine, but scientist are thinking it could happen, in the future.

The birswidne flu! ;O

Post Potter depression.

Miss Xantier

Whoa, thats freaky! I'm not scared, and it would be catatrofic if they did combine. I think I get why the world will end on 2012. That will happen!!!!! They said 2000 is doomsday, year after the world trade centre attack! That is creepy. lol! I found a cool site all about swine flu! http://swineflu.com/

Sky

I do fear the Swine Flu, but people need to understand something.
You need to be sanitary. Washing your hands, covering your mouth when you cough/sneeze, don't be around others when you are sick.

That's how things spread. People are ignorant of that. They don't always wash their hands and sneeze on things like their desks and stuff.

I don't see this as the end of the world, but what do I know? I believe the end of the world is when Jesus comes, so....yeah.

It's probably good to try to build up your immune system though. Like taking supplements or getting enough sleep.

Miss Xantier

I get enough sleep thanks to my parents. lol China! Stop sniffing for food. (China is my aunt and uncle's dog we are taking care of often, she looking for food.) I do that stuff yet, I get sick. People need to eat more veggies and fruit and less junk food! And take your vitamins.

dobby888

What does eating good food have to do with the Swine Flu?  Sorry, but I had to ask...

I'm not worried about the swine flu ending the world or anything.  I think it will be devastating, but we'll carry on.  That is, if it's part of God's plan.  It will be like the smallpox in the 1900's... at least that's what I think...

Miss Xantier

it makes you immune system stronger....

dobby888

That's what I thought, but when I first read it, I totally gapped!  :P

I just sleep and wash my hands for protection!

uglycupcakes

Uh.. i washed my hands, ate healthy, and sneezed appropritly before the swine flu.
People are like do this and that to prevent it... i do it anyway..
biggest pet peeve= people who don't wash their hands after bathroom.
it = death in my book.

dobby888

I totally agree! I ate healthy, got a reasonable amount of sleep (most of the time), washed my hands and all that before any of this ever happened! It's like they're reminding us about the obvious!

donkameron

Swine flu was originally called "swine flu" because it resembles influenza virus infecting pigs. The tribe of concern at present is a mutant form known as swine flu being transmitted from human to human.

kennethjhenderson32

be always ready with your health to keep away  from any diseases

peterjaydon

Swine flu is an infection caused by a virus. It is a general term for influenza viruses adapted to pigs, causing a respiratory disease in the animals. The virus is contagious and can spread from human to human.

GinnyW.12397

This is the craziest subject ever... But I'm not afraid either! I'm gonna kick the swine flu right in the booty if it even thinks of making a comeback! Haha take that swine flu!!!!!
ily JKRowling!!!! <3

housedotson

As per my knownledge, Human swine flu was originally called 'swine flu' because it is similar to influenza viruses that infect pigs. The strain presently causing concern is a mutated form called Influenzavirus A  or human swine influenza which can be spread from human to human.