News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Is Harry a jackass??

Started by Dobby_ROX, June 16, 2009, 02:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobby_ROX

In Deathly Hallows it says "Harry was never less happier to see Ginny". You'd think he would have felt less happier of seeing her lying in the chamber of secrets thinking she was bloody dead. Jesus Harry do you really love her or are you just in it for the sex mate? He is only sad if she dies when she is attractive. He is a selfish bastard (Unless Joanne Kathleen Rowling did not think of this meaning I'm smarter then her yay LOL)

BTW: Kathleen isn't part of her real name: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Rowling

Miss Xantier

NO WAY! YOU'RE LYING! He did love Ginny, he was very happy to know that she was alive, if she was dead it would make him depressed again!

Dobby_ROX

What are you talking about!?!?

I said in Deathly Hallows when she arrived at Hogwarts he was never more upset to see her!!

even in the Chamber I mean what's with that aye????

wristbandsnow

hi dear friends  i think you are right for harry...

Ginny Weasly

Ok...
1. Don't swear. You know better. Don't do it.

2. I'm going to have to disagree. At the time of the Chamber of Secrets, he didn't love her. In Deathly Hallows, he loved her and was thus upset to see her in danger.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Dobby_ROX

But she wasn't in danger at the time she was just in the room of requirement so Whats's with that aye?? What??

Ginny Weasly

He knew she was going to go fight and that it was dangerous. He didn't want her there because he knew he well enough to know she would fight and be in danger.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Miss Xantier

Dobby_ROX

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on June 21, 2009, 01:03:22 AM
He knew she was going to go fight and that it was dangerous. He didn't want her there because he knew he well enough to know she would fight and be in danger.

It was before the fight was planned. When the D.A thought they where going to fight but Harry didn't think of a fight at the time.

Ginny Weasly

I read the book. The fact that Ginny was prepared to fight upset him. He didn't want her in danger because he cared about her too much.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Miss Xantier

Duh! I own all of the books and movies available!

goblet_fulla_fire

In Harry's 2nd year, Ginny was just the shy sister of his best friend. They never really had ever held down a straight conversation before. If they had the relationship that he and Hermione shared, then that sentence in DH would probably be gone.

However the more logical answer is that CoS didn't even cross JK's mind when she wrote that sentence because she didn't intend for it to be expressed that deeply.

That is sort of like
Bob: Man, I just had the worst day ever.
Jim: You mean EVEN WORSE THAN 9/11?

Come now Dobby, be a bit looser.
I am a dog.

Dobby_ROX

Just wanted to discuss something.. It's fun

DistractedButSerious

??? I think you are mistaken dude, Harry was upset to see her, because she was in danger of death. In Chamber of Secrets, he was also upset to see her, but he was SCARED, SCARED that she was dead already. Upset would be more of an understatement.
So calm down, Harry's not some jerk, and he doesn't just like her 'cause she's pretty, kay? He mentions, repeatedly, that he loves her 'cause she's smart, down to earth, strong and a rockin' Quidditch player, to him her being pretty is just a plus. If you can remember him thinking that, then you'd think you could remember him thinking this. If I were you, I'd calm down and not rush to irrational conclusions, kay?
-Me 8)

Dobby_ROX

Quote from: DistractedButSerious on June 22, 2009, 10:13:09 AM
??? I think you are mistaken dude, Harry was upset to see her, because she was in danger of death. In Chamber of Secrets, he was also upset to see her, but he was SCARED, SCARED that she was dead already. Upset would be more of an understatement.
So calm down, Harry's not some jerk, and he doesn't just like her 'cause she's pretty, kay? He mentions, repeatedly, that he loves her 'cause she's smart, down to earth, strong and a rockin' Quidditch player, to him her being pretty is just a plus. If you can remember him thinking that, then you'd think you could remember him thinking this. If I were you, I'd calm down and not rush to irrational conclusions, kay?
-Me 8)

This is not an argument but a disscussion so there is no reason in telling me of you should just learn the diffrence bettween the two!!