News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

..the..hunger..

Started by potter_fan122, July 13, 2009, 10:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Seth wanted.))

Alice sat awake in her bunk in the girls` dormitory. Her eyes, usually a reflective blue, were the darkest black. The only way some one could tell the difference between iris and pupil was that the iris was darker.

Her throat burned horribly, like it was on fire. She hadn`t fed recently. In fact, it had been about a week. She thought she would have been fine, she had feasted in the depths of the firest, much farther in where the animals were larger and wilder.

She had been wrong.

In less than thirty seconds, she was dressed and perched outside on the roof, just above the window to the dormitories. The other human`s scents were too strong. Why didn`t they put all of the vampires in one dormitory?

Because they would kill each other, that was why.

Alice lurched off of the roof and laded on her feet, fifty feet below o the ground. She set out on a flat run, running as fast as she could. For a vampire, even, she was pretty quick.

She ran and ran until she was about three miles into the forest. She collapsed at the base of the tree, wrapping her arms around her knees so tightly that her hands would have gotten sore, if they could have. She listened intently for any sign of an animal. For any flicker of a heartbeat. She wouldn`t be able to smell anything, for there was no wind, so she stopped breathing so she could hear.

She heard nothing for a full minute. But after a while, she heard the faintest pounding of a pulsing heart.

"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Seth Lockhart

Despite his snow white coat, the wolf was nearly invisible beneath the darkness. The moonlight hidden beneath the leaves of the trees. He took long strides, his paws snapping every twig he stepped on under his weight. He sniffed the air delicately, so as not to take in too many scents at one time.

One scent stuck out to him..

Of course, he had been following that scent from the time the wolf was still a human sitting wide awake in his bed.

He kept walking, still snapping twigs, not really caring about the noise he was making. He wasn't trying to hide himself.
As he got closer, the large wolf body slowly disappeared. And where the wolf once stood, was a young man. His black ((I forgot it was black, I always thought I put brown XP)) hair messy and much longer these days, and his forest green eyes mysterious but cheerful.

Seth pushed his hands through a large bush and the divided it through the middle, stepping through with his long legs. He grinned when he saw Alice sitting there against the tree.

"Hi Alice." He whispered. He didn't want to startle her.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice froze as the snapping of twigs got closer. The only reason that she had heard his heartbeat before the snapping twigs was because she was listening for it. But not his heartbeat. She stopped breathing as soon as she realized who it was.

She could hear his blood pulsing through his veins. Could hear the in and out motion of his soft breathing. Could hear bis body moving through the trees.

No. She would not think like a predator when Seth was near. She would not. She refused to.

As Seth emerged from the bush, her black eyes flickered to him. "Hello." She said softly, lowering his eyes. She was not breathing, but speaking forced her to, and she tasted him in the air. She clamped her mouth shut, clamping her teeth together.

She was looking at the ground with her deep black eyes and her teeth closed tight. It would only be obvious that she was not herself, her horrible burning in her throat proved that. But she turned so that her side was pressed against the tree, and hugged her knees to her chest. She needed to feed, but she couldn`t just leave Seth here without an explanation. But she couldn`t open her mouth, or she would be able to sense the taste of his blood.

She shook her head back and forth quickly, closing her eyes tightly.

Seth Lockhart

Seth watched as Alice shook her head back and forth. "Alice? What's wrong?" He walked forward cautiously, the sound of dirt and rocks crunching beneath his feet. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" 

Seth had never seen Alice like this before, so it was hard to understand what was happening. He wanted to hold out his hand and touch her, to help her with whatever her problem was, for there obviously was one. But his animagus instincts told him otherwise. The tiny hairs on his neck were on end as he continued to step closer. His body wanted to turn away, to run as fast as it could, but Seth wanted to stay right where he was.

Why was his heart pounding? In the silent of the night, he could hear it beating rapidly in his chest. And then he rememered what Alice was and why his instincts were screaming at him.

She was a vampire and he was a human. A human flowing with pints of blood. And by the looks of her, by her reaction to him, she was feeding. No, she needed to feed. Seth stood there, his breathing slow, but the sound of his heart beating louder to both of them as every second that passed.

"Alice...are you..er...feeding?" Seth asked quietly. He had no idea what to do.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice sighed heavily, but didn`t inhale. If she inhaled, she would be able to small him. If she smelled him... bad things could happen. She refused to let those things happen. She had been a vampire for over two hundred years, and headn`t fed on a human for almost as long. Why shouldn`t she be able to resist one human?

She counted to ten slowly, trying to prepare herself for the scent of blood.

"I need to." She mumbled, clearing her throat. Her voice was soft and rough. She needed to find an animal to kill, one that wasn`t Seth. She would refuse to kill Seth, there was no way she could do that to him.

Alice could suddenly seesee all of the veins and blood running through him. She could already feel his pulse beating into the air, stronger than before.

"Please calm down." She breathed, exhaling as much as she could and still speak.

Seth Lockhart

Seth took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling softly. 
   "I didn't know that you needed blood or else I wouldn't have come. I'm sorry." He said, his voice calm, but still uneasy. He wasn't scared for him. He just...hated to see his love in such a hostile state. He remained in the same position. 
     "I'll go." He said with a soft smile. "Meet me when you have what you need."
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice`s eyes jerked back to Seth`s.

"Seth," She called. Her word was sharp and cut off, but she spoke softly. "I-- I`m sorry." She mumbled. "Where do you want me to-- to meet you?" She asked, her voice shaky and soft.

Seth Lockhart

"I-I'll...be at the lake...walking."  Seth said as he turned around. With those words being said, he sped off in his white wolf form.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice closed her eyes and took several shallow breaths until she could no longer hear Seth. She took another breath. His scent was still there. The warm, coppery scent....

No.

She would not think of his smell like that. Not his scent. He was too precious to her to kill. Mush to precious. With that thought, she stood up stubbornly and dashed off in the opposite direction from her love. It took a certain amount of strenght not to go the way he did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes later, Alice had taken down a large animal and was at the edge of the forest. Her eyes were bright blue again, but the shadows she was in his the moonlight from their reflective surfaces.

What did he think of her now that he had seen her at her worst?

Seth Lockhart

The white wolf with a coat as bright as fresh snow slowly strolled around the lake, his forest green eyes occasionally traveling to the moon. With every glance came an ache in his heart.

To see her like that.... So hungry.., the blood thirst apparent in her eyes, .. the hostility. It scared him, but it hurt him more than anything. But why? Perhaps it was because he was so used to the perfect angel he had fallen in love with. And to see her the way she was... it was something he wasn't used to. 

The wolf stomped his paw into the soft surface that wrapped around the lake, his paw sticking in the mud. He cleaned it off before changing back into his human form.

It was too confusing. He must let it go. Seth still loved her, no matter what she was. It was all part of being a vampire. A fact of life for her. 

Seth sighed and sat down on a large rock, waiting for Alice to find him.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice closed her eyes and took a deeo breath. She missed how her body didn`t feel relief as oxygen entered it. She could hold her breath forever if she wanted to. She let out a silent sigh.

Why had she let him see her? She could have ran away in time. She could have hidden.
Because you would have run towards him. A voice in her mind whispered. Alice shook her head. No, She replied to it, I would never hurt him. With that thought, she pushed off of the tree and walked into the moonlight.

Her sharp eyes found Seth quickly and she found herself smiling. How was it that she found something that made her really happy? She had lived in solitude and with nothing exciting to look forward to for almost two centuries. Why now? Why did she finally find the one she loved, and only when she was a monster?

"Seth." she whispered, knowing the wind would carry her voice to him if he hadn`t already seen her.

Seth Lockhart

Seth's eyes followed Alice until she was clearly into view, but he held a serious expression despite his heart beating rapidly when he saw her beautiful face.  And when she called his name, it was as if his heart had melted. Her voice was as beautiful as she was. It was like a perfect song.

"Alice.." Seth said softly. He silently played with the collar of his gray hoodie, pulling the strings until they were to long.   

Seth inhaled and exhaled once more, for he had something to get off of his chest.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice`s unneeded breath caught in her throat as he spoke. Why did that happen? How could a human make her feel this way?

She drinfted towards Seth and sat down a feet feet from him. It wasn`t hard to see that he wanted to say something. She would let him say it, whatever it was. She felt terrible for letting him see her like that. At her very worst. It probably sent a jolt of realization through him. She hoped for the best, but expected the worst.

Seth Lockhart

((Prepare for some drama XP I was really bored so.... :P))

"You scared me when I saw you like that. I had never saw you when you needed to feed. What if I were the animal that you needed to kill? What if you couldn't resist that temptation?"  Seth said quietly. He slid off of the rock and knelt down infront of Alice, his face close to hers.

"But I don't care. I'm willing to get past that." He stroked her cheek with his hand, feeling the mix of temperatures.  "I love you Alice Ronena Brokeheart. More than anything in this world. And I want to be the man that makes you happy."

He pulled a silver ring from his pocket, a single diamond rested in the middle with three smaller ones on each side.
 "I know we're young. And this may seem like a trend because your friend Stacey just got married just a little while ago, but I love you with all my heart and I want you to be my wife. I want to spend forever with you..., well, as long as I can." He looked into her blue eyes and held out the ring. "And this doesn't have to be soon. If you want to wait, I'll wait as long as you want. He paused for a short moment.

"Will you marry me Alice?"

((Wow. Is he anxious or what?))
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

((=[] Wowzers. Was not expecting that. At least I had a heads-up with Aiden! You surprised me!))

Alice was confused as he said he could get past her. How could he do that? She was a monster. A horrible, literally dangerous monster that could, and has, killed people. Then his hand toushed her cheek and she couldn`t help but smile. His skin was hot against hers, and she loved it. She loved the feel of his skin brushing against hers. The way it made her dead-like skin tingle with excitement. He made her feel almost human.

She was truely not expecting what happened next, though. Anything but that, that`s what she expected.

"Will you marry me Alice?"

The words struck her softly. They were just words after all, but she froze. Her reflecive blue eyes were locked on the beautiful ring, on his hand holding it. She ddin`t breathe. She didn`t twitch. It was an unnatural stillness that she held, the solid look that only a vampire could have.

"I-- I," she stuttered after about two silent seconds. The time seemed to go by terribly slowly, each second stretching out into a minute. She could tell that he was waiting. Why couldn`t she say anything? He had asked her something.

Finally she lifted her light eyes to his dark ones. "Yes." She said softly. It hadn`t even sunk yet, what he said. She was... well, shocked. How could he just ask her to marry him right after he saw her at her worst? But he looked so handsome in the moonlight. So charming. And he had been nothing but absolutely perfect for her. He had made her nothing but happy. He had been a great surprise for her.

She thought all of that in about a half of a second, so she went on.

"Yes, Seth. I will marry you." She said with a smile spreading across her face.

((Did you look up her middle name. =P ))