News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A New Occupation

Started by potter_fan122, July 29, 2009, 05:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey sighed heavily. Music pulsed from somewhere, the bass making the windows shake slightly. Someone decided that they would use Muggle music using their powers with electricity. Stacey could have easily made the music stop, btu her new boss wouldn`t have been very happy with her.

"They`re enjoying it, Stace." The blubbering man stuttered. No matter how many times she corrected him, Stacey was now Stace. She hated the name, but she couldn`t do anything about it.

She now pushed four glasses of butterbeer down the counter with a wave of her hand. She had soon mastered the use of her powers-- using them to pour the drink and send them to their buyers. It wasn`t the best job-- being a bartender-- but it wasn`t horrible. She liked it alright. It was better than her coming job at the Ministry, and she wasn`t hounded with a thousand people`s powers.

"Here you go." She said, setting a refilled glass in front of a someone before taking a sip of her own. She wasn`t allowed to drink anything too strong, and she had to pay half price, but it was a job.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Luke Forlity

Luke walked into The Three Broomsticks and looked around.  He didn't expect to know anyone, but he thought it was worth a try.  He sighed and went to take a seat at the bar.

"Excuse me, can I please get a butterbeer?"  He asked the bartender.  He felt like he had seen her somewhere, but wasn't sure where.

He smiled at her, wondering if she was taken.  She was very pretty.  Luke contemplated this, and was soon very lost in his own thoughts.
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

Jackie Saylem

Jackie pushed open the door with a small flick of her hand. Today she was in a good mood, considering the fact that she was confused most of the time these days. She took a seat at the bar, and put her hands on either side of the stool. Then she pushed off the counter lightly with her foot and swiveled back and forth for a moment.

Sometimes the simplest things in life could bring joy. She scanned the bar area, tucking her hair behind one ear. She saw the bartender's hair. Why did it look so familiar. "Um, excuse me, bartender?" She questioned politely.
Jade Madeline Hayes - Strong, Independant, Confused, Naive.

Arianna Adaine - Elegant, Lethal, Lost, Alone, Outgoing, Anxious.

Jackie Dawn Saylem - Beautiful, Vampire, Young, Passionate, Energetic, Quirky

Luke Forlity

A girl came in and sat next to Luke, but he hardly even noticed.  When she began to swivel, he still didn't notice.  It was only when he heard her voice that he was jolted out of his revery.

"Jackie?" He asked as he turned and stared at her.  He of course knew that it was her, but he was very surprised to see her here.  "What are you doing here?"

He smiled at her, glad that he got to see her again, and so soon. 

Jackie Saylem

Jackie looked up, surprised to hear her name. Ah, she knew this boy. Why did she seem to always meet him in a bar? She smiled, shaking her hair out from behind her ear. Then she smiled at his question; if he really knew why she was here he would run screaming. There was a whole train of things that led up to her coming to the bar so much more often. She decided to spare him and give him the simple answer. He was a nice kid.

"I'm here to lose myself while drinking because I've screwed my life over so bad I don't care anymore. I wish I could start over... My family is so messed up, and if I did a few things differently, I could have changed where I am now." She said, looking up at the ceiling. "But, what can ya do?"

Then she looked at the bartender again. She mumbled something and strained her brain for an answer. "Stacey! Thats it! Stacey!" She ended up saying, then calling to Stacey. Since when had she worked here?

Luke Forlity

Luke smiled back at her, watching her white-blonde hair move and shimmer in the dim light.  There was something about her that captivated him and drew him in.  He didn't know what it was.

"Ah... so you're a realist?" He asked matter-of-factly.  He liked to think of himself as an optimist, but that wasn't always true.

Aiden

Aiden sat at the last chair on the bar table.  He was by himself, and remained hidden in the corner.  He wasn't exactly hiding, just no one had noticed him yet.  

He silently watched Stacey work.  He had never seen Stacey work when she had her job at the ministry, but he knew she hated it.  This job she didn't seem to mind that much.  When his wife was happy, he was happy.  

Aiden lifted his head, and looked at Stacey.  He took out some change from his pocket, and put it out on the counter.  His wedding ring shined brightly in the light.
"Stace."  He said, with a grin.  "May I have a butterbear?"

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

Jackie Saylem

Jackie laughed, twirling her fingers in her hair again. "I suppose. I also think that when you go through so much, you have a point at which you snap. Everyone has a certain thing that may make them snap. For some its their child getting hurt, someone dieing, or someone leaving them..." She said, averting her gaze to the floor now.

"Everyone..." She murmered almost to herself.

Luke Forlity

Luke smiled as she laughed.  It had a beautiful ring to it.  One that could make anyone smile.  Jackie seemed like a very nice girl; just one that had been through a world of hurt very recently.

"I agree.  There's always that certain breaking point.  Like the straw that broke the camel's back."  He watched her as she shifted her gaze.  "Have you snapped before?"

Jackie Saylem

Jackie felt the smile slid abruptly off of her face. "I guess you could say I have." She said, looking at the ceiling, remembering things she would never voice aloud again. She pushed them out of her head. "How about you?" She finally asked.

Luke Forlity

Luke watched the smile fall off of her face.  His fell too, just slower, more confused.  He waited for her to speak, wondering if the question was out of place.

"Yeah, I have snapped.  Not as bad as some people though... I've had several smaller snaps instead of one big one."  Luke explained.  He tried to stay positive and not lose his head, which made it easier to not lose control.

potter_fan122

((Gosh, you guys could have waited for me!))

Stacey turned around as she was called to duty.
"Jackie, hey." She said, placing a butterbeer in front of her friend and the boy next to her. "How are you?" She asked him. She had learned not to ask anyone who they were. She would usually smile and nodd in they told her, but he looked about her age.

Suddenly her stomach warmed and she just felt a little happier. She turned her head to the side, noticing another customer she hadn`t before. "Aiden!" She beamed, filling another mug and taking the change. She gave him a look that told him that he didn`t have to pay, but she figured he would just disagree.

"How are you guys?" She asked, holding her hand out to Aiden and looking over to Jackie.

Aiden

Aiden grinned at his wife.  He slowly dug in his pocket, and took out some change.  He took Stacey's hand, and handed her the money for the drink and quite a bit extra.  It was more than the price of the drink, but he did it on purpose.

Aiden left the money on the counter, and looked at Stacey with bright eyes.  He gently rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand.
"How's work been treating you?"  He asked her with a grin.

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

Jackie Saylem

((Sorry Stacey!!!  :'( SO SORRY! ))

Jackie beamed at the sound of her friends voice. "I've been better." She commended, flipping her hand over. She gave Stacey a generous tip.  "So, how long have you been working here?" She asked curiously. Then she smiled somewhat mysteriously.  "No drunkards giving you any trouble are they?" She said, a laughing tone to her voice.

potter_fan122

Stacey wrinkled her nose and pushed the extra tips back to her friends.

"Work is good. And any drunks get kicked out. If they don`t go willingly..." She shrugged. She had only used her powers one time to make someone leave, and all she did was push him out with some wind power. Her boss had even mentioned it.

"And I don`t need you guys to give me extra tips." She said before they could push them at her. She didn`t really need the extra money people sometimes gave her. She made enough money, and she already had enough. It seemed that it even annoyed Aiden, sometimes, because she always insisted on paying.