News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A New Occupation

Started by potter_fan122, July 29, 2009, 05:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Forlity

"I'm good!" Luke said, simply.  He dug in his pockets for some money, handing her the cost for the drink plus a small tip.  He had seen her refuse tips from the others,  but they had been very generous. 

He figured that she must know the other two, and she did seem to be their age.  Maybe she went to Hogwarts.  He would be sure to ask her about it when the moment presented itself.
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled at Luke and pushed the tip back at him. It would have been rude to give the others their money back and not give his back. "Good is good." She said with a smile, squeezing Aiden`s hand. Her wedding ring was hidden under his fingers, but only Luke didn`t know that she was married.

"Do you go to Hogwarts?" She asked, taking a sip of her own butterbeer. She tilted her head and her eyes flashed a bright blue. It wasn`t quite magnificent, but it was close.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Luke Forlity

Luke shrugged and took the tip back.  He smiled as he stuffed it back in his pocket.  He saw her squeeze the other guys hand.  They must be going out.  As he came to a conclusion on their relationship status, he heard Stacey say something.

"What? Oh, uhm... yes! I just started here..."  He said, still smiling.  When her eyes changed color, his smile vanished and was replaced with a look of confusion.  He might have fallen off the barstool, had he not grabbed the counter just in time.

potter_fan122

Stacey tilted her head as Luke answered her. she could read his mind, of course, being in public and surrounded by people who could. He had been thinking that she and Aiden were dating. Her smile wideneed slightly at that. They were a little farther along than dating.

But when she saw his reaction to her eyes changing colors.... well, she couldn`t help but laugh.

"Wow, I think you`ve had the biggest reaction to a little color change than anyone else I`ve ever met." She teased. Most people were just like, Oh, that`s cool. No one had almost fallen over.

"Yes, my eyes change color. No big deal." She shrugged. "And I just graduated. What year are you?" She acted as if her eyes were no big deal. To her, the weren`t. Aiden had said good things about them, he even thought they were magnificent. She didn`t see what the big deal was. Lots of people could change their eye color. Of course, no one could change them to as many colors or patterns as Stacey could. Her eyes could change to anything.

Luke Forlity

Luke calmed himself enough to chuckle a little.  He could see that Hogwarts would take some getting used to.  More than he had originally thought.

"Well, I tend to overreact, just a little!" Luke laughed quietly.  "But it's hard not to! I haven't been around so many wizards at one time before! It's... really interesting."

Luke inwardly braced himself.  If eyes changing color were no big deal, then what was considered a big deal here?

"I'm not really sure what year I'm considered here... It's my first year here, but I'm not a first year.  I'm 16."  Technically. Luke thought to himself.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled and leaned against the bar, still holding Aiden`s hand.
"If you were really sixteen, you`d be a sixth year." She said. "But you`re not, so... have you been to a magical school before?" She asked, ehr eyes swirling a thoughtful purple.

Her eyes were something of a deal. Other people`s eyes could only change a little. But Stacey in herself was a rarity.It was extremely rare to ba able to absorb other people`s powers. She only knew of one other person in the world who could, and it was Al who had told her about him.

Even now, she could turn into a vampire right now if she wanted to. She didn`t, of course. She had learned that there were some side effects to her powers.

Luke Forlity

"Who ever said that I wasn't sixteen?"  Luke asked nervously.  Had she already guessed that he was a vampire?  Was it that obvious?

"I haven't been to a magical school before, but I have been taught magic by people... just not in a formal setting."  Luke said.  He could control magic fairly well, and was working very hard outside of his classes. 

He had recently been trying to read people's minds, and he decided to try that now.  He kept a fairly blank face, but the corner of his eye twitched slightly with effort.  Luke stealthily tried to read Stacey's mind.  He was almost immediately slammed back by her powerful mind shields.  He had totally underestimated her power.

potter_fan122

Stacey grinned and tilted her head as she felt the presence of Luke trying to push it`s way into her mind. No one entered her thoughts without consent except Ginny and Lavy, and she didn`t have a choice with them.

*You are a vampire,* She pushed the thought into his mind, sheilding it from everyone else. *I`m not going to tell if you don`t want me to, but people are going to find out. Other vampires can smell you. I can feel your powers, but no one else can do that. There are vampires around here. Lots of them, actually. Not one of them try to hide.

Luke Forlity

Luke sipped his drink, startled.  He could feel Stacey in his mind, even though he had been trying to put up mind blocks for the past month. 

*You are a vampire.  I`m not going to tell if you don`t want me to, but people are going to find out. Other vampires can smell you. I can feel your powers, but no one else can do that. There are vampires around here. Lots of them, actually. Not one of them try to hide.*

~How many others?~ Luke thought.  He wasn't sure how to make the thought reach her, but he did his best and was sure that she would pick it up.

potter_fan122

Stacey grinned again. she could tell that he didn`t know much about magic.

*Lots. Ask Jackie.* He eyes moved to her old friend. Jackie had been gone a long time, and she hadn`t seen her much lately.

Luke Forlity

Luke smiled.  Stacey seemed nice.  Maybe she could help him?

~She's a vampire too?~  He turned and looked at Jackie.  She didn't look like she would be a vampire, but of course, she had all of the characteristics.  She fit the description of a vampire perfectly.  He had known the day that he met her that she was special.  Was it because she was a vampire, or was it something else?

potter_fan122

Stacey raised an eybrow. How could he not tell? Vampires are supposed to be able to smell each other, and all that jazz. Was he not trained? Aparently not if Stacey knew more about vamps than a vamp.

*Yes. You didn`t know?* That was as nice as she could get with this comment. Luke was sorely missing out on some really fun if he couldn`t tell what were vamps and what weren`t.

Luke Forlity

~Sorry, no.  I didn't get much training.  I've spent most of my vampire years in solitude...~ Luke said, sadly.  Already, even after just a little while at Hogwarts, he had learned almost as much as he had found out himself in his entire life. 

He was becoming more and more disappointed in himself.  He had had so long to learn all of these things, but never had.  He could be the best wizard here! But he didn't know how.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled again.
*I understand. When I say training, I don`t mean like a course. It`s mostly instinctual. She thought.

purpleraincloud

Avalee was carrying a rather large pile of books when she entered the bar, she could barely see over them. She had glasses the day before and had already been made fun of by everyone, for they were large and geek-ey. While walking up to the bar, for that was the thing she always did, read & sit at bars, an idiot fourth year thought it woul be just hysterical to trip her. Books went flying. Whe she stood back up she was blushing a bright red and was staring at him with dark p;ssed off eyes. Some of the people around her laughed. What a wonderful day she was having.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away