News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A New Occupation

Started by potter_fan122, July 29, 2009, 05:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

"HEY!" Stacey exclaimed. She squeezed Aiden`s hand and gave him an apologetic smile before pulling away and stepping around to the other side of the bar. She snapped her fingers and the boy who had tripped Avalee froze, halfway to the door. Stacey just left him there for now.

"Avalee, are you alright?" She asked, helpign her up and bringing her books into her arms with a flick of the wrist. "Here." She said, handing them back to her. She nudged her towards the bar and went towards the bar, unfreezing his head.

"You, young man, need to leave. Now." She have the boy such a glare that he left quickly. Stacey smiled and went back to the bar.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Aiden

Aiden watched the whole scene quickly unfold in front of him.  He really didn't know what to do after all of the drama that had happened less than a week ago.   His eyes got wide, but he narrowed them at the man that left.  He wanted to follow him out there, and hurt him but he knew he couldn't

Aiden swallowed the hard lump his throat, unsure of what to do.  He looked at Avalee with an apologetic look, and walked over to her and Stacey.

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

potter_fan122

Stacey`s smile slowly vanished. She glanced over at Luke and gestured that she would be back in a moment. She turned back to Avalee and Aiden slowly, resting her elbows on the bar.

"You`re okay, right?" She asked. "There`s a nurse next door, and I can`t feel anything wrong with you." Stacey`s personnal healing powers weren`t very good. She usually ended up hurting herself as she healed another. So she used the nurse`s powers to see that Avalee wasn`t hurt, at least not physically. She set pushed the stacks of books towards the girl.

purpleraincloud

She grabbed the books. "I'm fine. Its just been..." She paused. "One of those h*ll-ish days." She said. Now was where it got awkward. She could go over and sit by Aiden, and maybe make him and Stacey uncomfortable, or she could go sit by Jakie and the boy she didn't know and seem like she was avoiding Aiden, making everyone uncomfortable.
She sent her thoughts to Aiden, Is it gonna be awkward if I sit by you? not wanting to speak the words aloud. She stood there waiting for him to respond. She pushed her glasses up the ridge of her nose.
She was wearing a nice outfit, a black skirt, a green longsleves tshirt, and black hightop converse. Her glasses were large and dorky, with black rims.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

potter_fan122

Stacey squared her jaw, too easily hearing Avalee`s massage to Aiden. Apareantly the girl didn`t have a good mind block, if she even had one up. Every witch or wizard who could hear thoughts within fifty yards would have heard her.

*Avalee, you can sit by him if he wants you to.* She pushed the thought into the girl`s mind, blocking it from eveyrone else. She had leanred from the best, and they didn`t happen to be around, so she was it. *He can`t hear you unless you know how to force your thoughts into another`s mind. You probably don`t; it`s advanced stuff, and dangerous if you don`t know how to use it. I`ll ask him.* There was no emmotion in her thoughts. Part of her wanted Avalee far away, but part of her needed to be the responsible one. That was how she had been raised, to be the smart one. It was hard sometimes, especially now.

She smoothed down her jeans and turned to face Aiden. She blocked everyhting else off of from the room. Everything. For now, she couldn`t hear thoughts, sense powers, or even hear what people were saying. She could only hear the beating of her and Aiden`s hearts.

*Do you mind if Avalee sits beside you?* She thought to her husband, putting a stronger block on their minds than was necessary. She didn`t let her opinion show through to Aiden, either. She wanted it to be his choice.

purpleraincloud

((Um he can read her mind, look at What Happens in Hogsmead, she opened her thoughts to him))
It's just another day

potter_fan122

((No he can`t. Stacey broke the connection. Her powers are stronger, that`s why. If you had been Ginny, she wouldn`t have even tried. Avalee`s mind powers are weak, still delevoping. Stacey`s are.... well, as done as she think they`re going to get.))

purpleraincloud

((Ok, sorry for my stupidity! :) ))
It's just another day

Aiden

Aiden looked from Stacey to Avalee, hating the responsibility of having to choose.  He chewed the inside of his lip as a crease formed in his forehead.  He felt nervous again.

Aiden shrugged his shoulders, looking at Stacey.
"If she wants to."  He replied out loud.  He didn't want to make it seem like he agreed or disagreed to anything.

purpleraincloud

OK then. They were friends now, Stacey would just have to accept that, she sat down next to him quietly. She set her books on the chair next to her. The stack was almost as tall as she was. She sighed, and ordered a buterbeer from Stacey. She hoped that the awkwardness between them would pass, soon.
It's just another day

Luke Forlity

((Okay, to everyone who has been following my bio, I'm not actually a vampire, just a normal wizard... I'm working on changing it right now, but if we could just leave my past out of this thread until my history is complete, that would be great.))

Luke heard a large crash behind him.  He turned and saw a girl on the ground surrounded by books.  He didn't quite realize what had happened, so he just watched as Stacey helped her.  He knew he should probably help too, but he didn't know the girl and it looked as though Stacey had it under control.

"Hi there! My name is Luke!"  He held out his hand for her to shake it, smiling,
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

potter_fan122

Stacey bit the bip of her toungue as Avalee seated herself next to Aiden. She lowered her eyes to the ground as she turned to get Avalee`s butterbeer so they couldn`t see how emerald green they were. She didn`t turn back around until her eyes were her "natural" and unreadable brown.

She sat the heavy glass in front of the girl. "You`ve moved up from lemonade, I see." She said curlty, her words just a little too sharp to seem teasing.

She leaned against the counter again, scanning the room. Everyone was fine, al drinks were full. Stacey raised her eyebrow, looking back down at Avalee who hand`t paid yet. Just because Avalee had sat next to Aiden didn`t mean that Stacey wasn`t still his wife. She had more rights than the smaller girl.

Aiden

Aiden watched Avalee sit beside him.  He then lifted his head to Stacey, carefully watching her expression.  He noticed her quiet harsh tone, and the way she tried to control her eye colors.  He didn't like seeing her upset.

Aiden wrapped his hand around his glass, taking a long gulp of it down.  He sat it back down, and clenched his teeth together.
"It seems like you're doing very well for your first day, Stacey.  Have you ever secretly been a bartended without my knowledge?"  He asked, trying to lighten things up.

potter_fan122

Stacey turned her gaze to Aiden carefully. Her face bore no emmotion at all, but she smiled. Only Aiden and Jackie would know that it was fake. The others wouldn`t know her well enough to tell.

"Of course not." She said in a chipper tone. "Why would I ever do anything dangerous without anyone knowing. Don`t you know that that`s a good way to get killed." Her smile turned to one of real amusment and she winked at him. She turned to grab a pitcher and refilled Aiden`s glass.

purpleraincloud

She laughed half-heartedly when Stacey made her comment about her not ordering lemonade. "Its just been one of those days ya know?" She said, she sighed. She could tell that Stacey was uncomfortable and that made Aiden uncomfortable, which made her uncomfortable. She sighed again, drinking her butterbeer fast.
It's just another day