News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Overwhelming.

Started by Aiden, July 30, 2009, 06:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Aiden nodded, pressing his lip together.  He squinted his eyes, adjusting them to the somewhat bright light that appeared through a parting in the dense canopy of trees overhead.

"Unseen?  Are you hiding from something?"  He asked, raising an eyebrow.
The edge of his lip twitched, turning into a short smile on one side without being able to control it.

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

purpleraincloud

"Life" She whispered, almost to herself, but she knew it would have been loud enough for Aiden's keen ears to hear. She smiled, slightly, but the smile didn't touched her eyes.

She shifted her weight, and in a nervous habit fashion tucking her hair behind her ear. She tilted her head forward and over to the left. Looking at the ground. Not looking him in the eyes. She took a deep breath of earthy, fresh air.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

purpleraincloud

"It all just seems a little..." She trailed off, a little sad. "Overwhelming..."
It's just another day

Aiden

Aiden nodded in agreement.  He couldn't help but notice how nervous she felt and this made him slightly uncomfortable.  He turned to look at her eyes, seeing if he could find some hidden meaning in them.

"I understand."  Aiden said after a moment.
"I guess we're all going through that a little now."

purpleraincloud

She darted her eyes off distantly, trying to focus on a tree that was gently swaying. She knew it was weak of her to avoid his eyes, but it was the safest thing to do. They were both uncomfortable, she knew that, but what was there to say? "I guess we are..." She thought for a moment, he had more to be overwhelmed about than she did, for sure. Twins on the way? Now that was overwhelming.

What was her problem? Selfishness? No, it was self-pity. Stupid self-pity that needn't be there, but alas it was.
It's just another day

purpleraincloud

(Um hi? Is this still happening?)
It's just another day

Aiden

Aiden frowned as he lifted his hand to scratch the back of his neck.  He pressed his lips into a straight line and his eyes darkened a little.  However, the mood around them didn't exactly fit how he was feeling.

"Will you please tell me what you're thinking? The suspense is killing me."  Aiden said aloud after a moment.
It was obvious that something was bothering her, even if it was something that he could figure out, he still wanted to know.  He was getting annoyed that he was one of the few people at Hogwarts these days that couldn't read peoples' minds.

purpleraincloud

"Nothing, sorry, just awkward, and I hate it." She said. She tried to repress the tears of anger and sadness she had repressing for months. "Everything that happened." She took a deep breath. "I just...don't....know..." She fell back against a tree. So tired.
It's just another day

Aiden

Aiden watched her eyes and face carefully, desperate to know what she was thinking.  He watched her expressions, searching for what she was thinking about and what she was feeling.
She wasn't easy to read.

"Don't know about what?"  Aiden asked quietly.

purpleraincloud

"What to say. What to do. How to think. How to act. What the future holds." She was babbling and practically ranting at this point. The three hours of sleep she had gotten weren't helping, same for the insane letters from her ex. It just all came crashing down on her, and she was crumbling under the weight of it all. She didn't want to unload it on Aiden. He had enough to worry about in his personal life.
It's just another day

Aiden

Aiden watched her, watching her face.  He frowned, seeing that she seemed to be going through a lot.  He wanted to give her a hug or something to help her, but he wasn't sure how she would react to that.

"I understand.  We both seem to be going through so much pressure right now."  Aiden said quietly, looking down at the ground ifn front of him.

purpleraincloud

She took a step closer to him, not wanting to get too close and make him. "More, you than me, I hear." She said, almost smiling. She was eluding to the recent event of Stacey becoming pregnant. She didn't mention it directly, she didn't know how he felt about it. How were they supposed to deal with pressure like this. She opened to mouth to try to say something, but nothing came out. She thought to herself What the he!! am I going to do with my life?
It's just another day

purpleraincloud

It's just another day

Aiden

Aiden looked up at her, surprised.  He hadn't recalled telling anyone about Stacey being pregnant, and he doubted that Stacey would tell Avalee of all people.

"How did you know about that?"  He asked, knowing what she was referring to.
He leaned forward from where he sat, resting his arms on his knees and flipping his hair out of his dark eyes.

purpleraincloud

"Word gets around" She replied softly, eyes sad. "Congratulations?" She said the word more like a question than a statement.
It's just another day