News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

So Many Questions and Not Enough Answers

Started by potter_fan122, August 6, 2009, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Part Six

"Stacey?" It was the first voice she heard. That wonderful voice that she could listen to for the rest of her life. But it was calling to her, wanting her to wake up....

"Stacey!"

I woke with a start. I rolled onto the floor and onto all fours, coughing heavily. My eyes were wide and I could tell that they were and electric lime green-- shock.
After a few moments I stopped coughing.

"I`m sorry." I said, her voice hoarse.

Aiden quickly bent down to his knees on the floor.  He put one hand behind my head to hold me up and the other around my back.  His eyes were dark with worry, and his expression full of suprise and panic.
"Sorry?  What?  No."  He exclaimed.  "Stacey, whats wrong?"

I coughed hard once, then sat up, rubbing my hands over her eyes. I blinked a few times, clearing her sight.
"It was Jonathan." I said reluctantly after a moment.

He pat my back softly, and held me up against the couch.  Aiden looked over me to see if I was hurt, but there was nothing to find. My cheek burned a little, like a phantom of the blow Jonathan had given me, but I definatly wasn`t going to say anything about it unless he asked. His face still looked worried and panicked.
"How?"  He asked, calming down his voice.

My eyes went distant as I remembered the dream. I let Aiden hold me against the couch, clutching his hand.
"It was like before. I was just asleep, and he was suddenly there." I was silent for a moment, then shook my head. I hated myself for letting this happen, especially in front of Aiden. He would worry about me, which could be stressful. I didn`t want to make him stressed or hurt or anything less than happy.

Aiden pressed his lips together into a tight, straight line as he thought. She could have easily tuned in to hear what he was thinking, but he head was staring to hurt.
"What happened in the dream?" He finally asked.

I thought about that for a moment, my breathing slow and steady. Jonathan hadn`t really gotten to the point, just glared and yelled at me.

"He was angry. He couldn`t access me while conscious after I got back. It made him mad, because he could before." I think I sounded like I was talking more to myself instead of Aiden.

Aiden looked down, sliding his fingers in between mine as he held me up against the couch.  He quickly grabbed a pillow from the couch, and sat it behind my head as a soft place for me to lean against. I couldn`t help but smile as he did this. It seemed like he was always looking out for her. Always trying to do what was best for her, even if it meant going out of his way.

Aiden kept his eyes fixated on our hands as they were entwined together
"How did you make it stop?"  He asked, lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"I don`t know." I finally replied. "I guess some part of me just pulled myself from it. It was still a dream, after all." I explained softly, thinking quickly as she spoke.

Aiden slowly ran his fingers through my hair, probably as an attempt to comfort me.  He leaned his back against the couch in what was probably a more comfortable position.  He looked down, thinking for a moment.
"Did he say anything to you?"

I nodded slowly, my eyes becoming distant again as I thought.
"Yes. He said.... something about me getting stronger as I neared magic. How he had to work harder to get to me." I said softly.

Aiden nodded, rubbing his neck with his palm.  He bit his lip, and looked at the fireplace.
"So, that would be good, right?"  He asked. Aiden cleared his throat and turned his eyes to look at me.
"That means he won't be able to get to you as easily.  Maybe these dreams will stop completely."

I slowly lifted my eyes to meet his. My eyes were dark-- they had been since I woke up-- and they were a dark grey that would remind anyone of storm clouds. I could hear it in his voice; he wanted what he said to be true. He hoped the dreams would stop. But I knew they wouldn`t.

I started to shake her head slowly and squeezed his hand. "No, they won`t, Aiden." I replied softly. "I don`t know what he wants, but he`s determined to get it. He won`t give up on what he believes in."

I won`t give up, either. I thought to myself. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around him. "I love you." She reminded softly. "In case you forgot about me." I smiled, knowing he would argue. I had missed him too much to care, though. I just wanted to stay here in his arms forever.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Miss Xantier

Alexis

If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

Aiden frowned, opening his mouth to object but she could tell that he decided against it. He squeezed me gently and kissed me softly.
"I love you too." He replied quietly. He sighed, and patted my back.
"You know, maybe if we can find what he wants...we can figure this out."  He suggested.

I closed my eyes for a moment, thinking. I didn`t feel physically tired any more, but I was mentally tired. There had just been so many questions that I didn`t have the answers to. I hated not knowing what was going on. What if Jonathan got to my father? Or worse, Aiden? I don`t think that I could stand it if Aiden got hurt.

"Maybe." I replied. "He wants something, but I have no idea what it is." I leaned back so I could look at Aiden.

Aiden leaned forward slowly, his eyes serious as if he were thinking hard about something.  He placed both of his pale hands on either sides of my face, caressing my cheeks and kissing me again.
"I'll help you find out what it."  He said after he leaned back.  "If you want."

I couldn`t help but smile as Aiden kissed me. After he spoke I kissed him back.
"Of course you can help." I replied, then grimmaced. "If you can. I don`t know when he`s going to show up again, or how strong he`ll be." I said with a frown.

Aiden smiled, and he leaned back, and ran his fingers through my hair absentmidedly now.
"Maybe..." He began, trying to think. "Maybe if I waited with you while you slept or something.  I could watch and see if anything happens."  Aiden suggested softly.

I nodded slowly.
"Yeah. Since I can`t see myself when I`m asleep, maybe that would be a good idea." I agreed. Suddenly looking embarrassed, Aiden rubbed his palm against the back of his neck. "I just realized how creepy that sounded of me."  He pointed out with a frown.

I laughed and took Aiden`s hand.
"Like you don`t watch me while I sleep anyway." I teased. I had never actually witnessed Aiden sleeping. He often stayed awake while while I slept, so he really did watch me while I slept.

Aiden smiled.
"But it still sounds creepy."  He teased as he cringed over-dramatically.  "I can't imagine how you felt when I suggested that. He squeezed my hand gently, rubbing his thumb over my palm slowly.
"But I'll make sure nothing happens to you."  He added sincerely. And I know that if everything else went wrong, he would still keep his promise.

Alexis

This is good.
Even if I've already read most of these posts I still find it interesting to read in her point of view.

potter_fan122

Hehe. Glad I could make it interesting for you, since you already know what`s going to happen, pretty much.
You don`t know exactly everything, though.
Muahahaha.
*Evil laugh over evil plans.*

potter_fan122

Part Seven

I slowly traced a finger over the back of Aiden`s left hand. The only light in the room was from the softly burning fire, because it had gotten dark out by now. You could just make out the moon if you looked out the window at the right angle.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked suddenly. Neither of us had spoken for about half an hour, content with the silence that had been filled with the occasional kiss or laugh.

Aiden was staring into the fire, the bright orange flames reflecting in his eyes which were now only a medium brown shade.  He was sitting on the couch, next me. He had thought that he was keeping his thoughts to himself, mainly thinking about the past and occasional future, but I had enjoyed glancing over them, interested in what he was thinking.

He turned his head slowly, removing his gaze from the flames. "Sure, anything love."  He replied.

I was silent for another moment, deciding which question I wanted to ask.

"What do you want to do? Like, as a job? Have you ever thought about things like that? I mean, the Ministry thing I did was kind of forced on me, but I really don`t have to work at the Three Broomsticks if I didn`t want to." I said, softly but quickly.

Aiden lowered his eyes and his lips pursed together, his expression showing that he was in deep thought.  He leaned back against the couch, his other arm resting against the back of it and his hand brushing my shoulder.

He turned his gaze back to me, his eyes hitting mine and making my smile, despite everything.
"I don't really know anything I'm good at for a job."  He replied.

I nodded slowly, and I could feel my eyes get a little glassier as I got a little more tired.

"You know, really, neither one of us should have to work." I replied. "I need to take you to the Black`s vault in Gringott`s sometime." My eyes flickered back up to his, the flames reflected in them.

Aiden did notice how tired I was getting, I could tell.  He wrapped his arm around me, and looked down at me.

Then he thought about that for a moment.  He out his index finger up to her lips softly.
"You know I would never do that."  Aiden decided quickly, clearing his throat.
"I need to work for my money."

I smiled kindly. Of course he would want to work. He had insisted on taking care of the honeymoon and the house himself. Both were surprises for me, too. I hadn`t been allowed to know anything about them.

"Okay," I said, knowing that he wouldn`t change his mind, "Then what do you think you would like to do? There are a few shops in Hogsmead or Diagon Alley that would like a couple extra hands."

Aiden about that for a moment, too.  He would insist on getting a job, I knew that. He wouldn`t want to just mush off of my family`s money.

He gently squeezed my fingers.
"That's a good idea.  Any particular stores in mind?"

I just shrugged, my eyes on the fire. As I watched it, it shivered and sparked brightly, then just did whatever fires do. I smiled, my eyes flashing orange from playing with the flames.

"Not really. I don`t know what you would want to do." I said slowly, holding back a yawn. Aiden watched me look into the fire. He quietly snapped his index and ring finger together, causing the fire to slowly dim down. He knew how tired I must be.

Aiden looked back to me.
"You know what, I'm going to check them out and see whos hiring."  He decided.

I knew that he knew that I was getting tired, even if I tried to hide it. He knew me too well.
"You really don`t have to do that." I argued half-heartedly. I knew that he wouldn`t change his mind, but I didn`t mind.

Aiden smiled down at me.  He didn't let the fire go out completely, and she praised him silently for that. It was easy to just put a fire out, but taking it and dimming it took a little more thought.

He shrugged his shoulders as he tilted his head to me. "Well, I think it's a good idea. I want to."  He replied quietly.

I grinned again.
"I know you do, my moon." I said softly, tracing patterns on the back of his hand. "I`m just saying that you don`t have to if you don`t want to." I added.

I couldn`t hold the yawn back any longer. My jaw popped loudly as I did, and I rested my head against the back of the couch.

Aiden looked down at our hands, and he gently began to rub his thumb over the back of my palm softly.  He saw my yawn, and raised an eyebrow.
He turned himself towards me. "You need some sleep." He noted.

I didn`t even argue about it. I just nodded.
"M`kay." I sighed, yawning again. I snuggled between the corner of the couch and Aiden, making sure that I still held his hand.

Aiden leaned back some, and took in a breath.  He used his other hand to slowly run through my hair. He would wait for me to wake up, making sure that I didn't dream anything bad.

Aiden watched me yawn again.
"Goodnight love."  He whispered softly in me ear, barely hearing it before I drifted off to sleep.

Miss Xantier

potter_fan122

Part Eight

I woke up in the large, dark room. No falling this time, which was good. I just woke up with my back pressed against the mirror. I could feel the cold glass through my thin shirt. my knees were pressed to my chest, and my arms were wrapped around them. I opened my eyes to see Jonathan standing over me, his eyes shimmering an emerald green.

He was smiling, and that grin made me nervous.

"What do you want?" I asked, standing up, careful not to touch him. He was standing close to me, and that made me nervous, too. I was between him and the mirror, and I didn`t like it.

The blonde man smiled. "Little Stacey, you are so ignorant." His expression was just so... knowing, and she badly wanted to know what he had to say. She didn`t even really doubt that he wasn`t her uncle, anymore. She had seen so much of him lately, and no one to tell her different. How could she not believe him?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, scooting back as far as I could.

Jonathan took a half-step back, giving me a little more breathing room. "I am your uncle, and you deny it. You do not even know what your own father is. You wonder why you are so powerful, and he can tell you why. He keeps so many secrets from you, and you have no clue. You, who know nothing but what he lets you know." He paused. "So young in body, but so old in soul. Kept in secret, but in dire known." He said, his eyes getting a little distant.

By this time, I was staring at him.
"Wh--what?" I asked, my voice shaking. What was he talking about? What was that last thing he had said.

The man smiled, his eyes sparkling. "The prophecy, young child. You don`t even know of that. Go to your father, ask him. He will tell you. And give him this." He swirled his hands in a figure eight motion, and a dagger appeared in his hands.  It had a long, blackwood handle. The blade was jagged and looked deadly sharp. The silver of it glinted in the light from the candles.

It stared at the dagger, familiar with blades. I knew that it was a good knife, and I was instantly scared of it in his hands.

Jonathan smiled and held the knife to me, holding the blade as a common courtesy, and the real way to pass knives. "Give this to him, and he will know what it means." I took the knife, and looked up to meet his eyes. But he was gone. In the next instant, I was again in the Gryffindor common room.

Miss Xantier

Aiden

Mhm, great job.
Can't wait to read what happens next. XD

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

potter_fan122

Part Nine

I stood nervously on the last stair, looking out to the forest. It looked so dark in there, I had never noticed that before. It had always just been a place to be alone, a place to hide. Now it looked like a place for people to be hiding.

"Are you ready?" I asked Aiden, keeping my eyes on the massive trees. Two bags were at my feet, ready to be moved. I was wearing a long-sleeved green shirt and jeans to hide my knives. Aiden had the gun. I didn`t know if he would need it, but I definatly wanted him to have it if he did.

Aiden stood beside me, holding my hand gently. He wore a pair of light blue, thrashed jeans with a black jacket with the hood resting over his head.
He turned his head to face me, nodding his head up and down slowly.
"Ready when you are love."  He replied.

I nodded. "Okay, I`m going to transport us right into the garage. I couldn`t do that before because he had a block on it, but I asked him to take it down. But we`ll show up. I`m not going to leave you here after what has happened." I looked up to meet Aiden`s eyes, my own shimmering in the soft light of the morning.

Aiden took in a deep breath, and squeezed my hand as he sighed. His eyes stayed his normal brown color. "I understand."  Aiden answered quickly. "Have you talked to your father yet?"  He asked before I could transport them.

"No." I replied. "I`ll talk to him when we get there. I was kinda thinking about going back anyway. He would know what was happening. But no matter what, you were going to come with me." I explained quickly and quietly.

Then I took his other hand and faced him, pushing the bags so that they were between us. "Ready?" I asked again.

Aiden pulled my hand up to his lips, and kissed my palm softly.  He looked into my eyes, and smiled gently to me.
"And I'm ready."

I smiled and nodded. After a second of what felt like free-falling, we landed in the so familiar garage of the Black house. I opened my eyes and looked around. My little red car was back in its spot; my father had brought it back from the train station that I had left it at.

"Ready?" The question now had a much different meaning, one that meant something much more. Stacey had become more familair with transporting, having learned to do it herself.  However, it still made her feel sick every once in awhile.

Aiden slowly looked around the room, his eyes curious.  It had been quite a long time since he'd been here, and coming back probably reminded him of a lot.
"Yes."  Aiden replied, looking at me now. "Are you?"

Alexis

Good job.
I don't know why but I like the way you ended it. XD

potter_fan122

=D
I`m not done with this part yet, that`s just where I stopped.

potter_fan122

Okay, guys. I kinda sorta got told on a different site that my writting was too graphic.

I`ve kept a lot of it out of this story, because the originals had a lot of stuff in it. But this is your first and only warning. The following content may contain offensive behavior or language. I haven`t written from here a whole lot, so I`m not sure, but I`m positive that there`s going to be some blood.

Deal with it or don`t read it, please. I know that some of you may have read things that were a lot worse, but I`d rather not take the chance. Just so you guys know. I don`t want to loose any of you because I said something. If I ever write something that you don`t like, tell me and I will do my best to fix it. The next part is coming up, so stay tuned.