News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

<second<thoughts<

Started by potter_fan122, September 5, 2009, 12:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Seth. Closed otherwise.))

Alice closed her eyes and took a slow, deep breath. The smell of alcohol and magic burned ehr nose, but she ignored it. When you`ve lived for over two hundred years, you learn how to block certain things out. She sat in a small room. It held a wooden table, two soft chairs and a couch in front of a fireplace, which currently crackled merrily. The flames didn`t seem to match her mood. In fact, Alice felt full of dread. She didn`t want to have this conversation. Not tonight. Not ever.

Seth had proposed to her. The beautiful diamond ring glittered on her left hand, and she couldn`t help but stare down at it. For such a small thing, it meant so much. It meant that she and Seth would be forever linked. Forever joined as one. That thought brought such happiness to Alice, but it gave her other feelings as well.

She had only known Seth for about six months before he proposed. Six months wasn`t that long, especially when compared to two centuries. That wasn`t hardly enough time, considering Alice was a vampire with her own many secrets. Alice didn`t want to do this. She loved Seth. She really did. But marriage was just a little too much just a little too soon. She was not ready for this. There was so much that they would need to talk about, so much that they would have to decide. Would Seth decide to become a vampire, or would he want to stay human? Alice didn`t know if she could change him. She hadn`t tasted human blood in over a hundred years, so how would she react?

There was just too much. She paced reslessly back and forth, her reflective eyes making the light from the fire bounce off of them as she passed close to them. How could she start this conversation? It seemed like an impossible task. But he would be here soon. She had to pull herself together.....
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Seth Lockhart

Seth felt a little odd walking down the narrow streets of Hogsmead. Everyone was wearing either a warm robe or a sweater due to the sudden weather changes that had struck the tiny village. He, on the other hand, was wearing a plain white t-shirt and khaki shorts with flip flops. The air was bitter today. No, not cold enough for snow. But cold enough to make your nose sting and your cheeks flush. Seth always had an unusually warm blood flow, so to him, today was comfortable.

He ran a hand through his long black hair. It had gotten so long these last few months. Did he look untidy? He stopped at a local shop to look in the window. His reflection showed that he had some facial hair growing on his chin. It was too late to do anything now. Seth was already late to see Alice. He walked on.

Finally he had found The Hogs' Head. As he stepped inside, he could smell the strong scent of Firewhiskey and wine. He found Alice and snuck up behind her, wrapping his arms around her. Her scent made him dizzy. It took his breath away.

"Hello Beautiful." Seth whispered as he kissed her cheek. "You wanted to speak to me about something?"
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice had closed her eyes. Before he was even inside the Hogs Head, she had his heartbeat picked out. That steady, pulsing sound that meant the most to her. She couldn`t help but grin as he came up behind her. She knew that he was coming, of course, but the thought was still nice. Her happiness was ruined somewhat when he asked her what she wanted to talk about.

Biting her lip, the vampire slowly turned around until she stood facing him. He looked gorgeous. Long dark hair, mysterious eyes. He was just amazing. She was so happy to say that she was his fiance, but what made you happy wasn`t always the best choice.

"Yes, uh, let`s go find a place to sit." Alice said, taking his hand and leading him towards an empty table near the wall.

She didn`t want to do this; she really didn`t. She was so happy. She loved Seth, she really did. And she knew that it was true, because you kind of figure these things out if you`ve lived for more than two centuries. She felt happiest in his presence. How could she begin this conversation?

"Uh, well, Seth... it`s about... us." She said softly, sitting down and staring down at the table. She felt absolutely horrible. Seth had been the best surprise that she had ever gotten. She loved him more than anyone she`d ever know. He proposed to her, and now she was going to make things a whole lot worse. "I... I don`t know if this is such a good idea." She added, hoping that she wouldn`t have to expplain exactly what she meant. She glanced up with her brilliant eyes. If she were human, she would have been crying by now. She was a sucker for romance, and that was one thing that had never changed about her.

All the vampire wanted to do was to go to the other side of the table and wrap her arms around Seth. She didn`t want to continue, and she couldn`t meet his eyes. She just felt like the biggest jerk alive.

Seth Lockhart

((I'm on a palm pilot so my post is gonna be short lol.))

Seth's stomach seemed to drop. "What...do you mean?" He said, though he knew what she meant.

"Is it something I did?"
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

((It`s okay. XD ))

Alice bit her bottom lip and looked away. She couldn`t do this. She didn`t want to hurt him, but she would have to if she wanted to do this. She needed to do this. She didn`t have a choice. She couldn`t marry Seth, at least... not yet. She did love him.  He had been the biggest surprise of her life-- or death, whatever it was.

"Seth, no. You ddn`t do anything wrong. In fact, you did everything right. That`s the problem." She took a deep breath, the stale smell of the Hogs Head. "Seth, you`ve only seen my real side once, last night. And you should have been scared, and I expected that you would never want to see me again. Instead you asked me to marry you." She paused again. "I can`t marry you, Seth. You don`t know who I really am. You don`t know what I can do." She couldn`t look at him, so instead she stared down at the table, feeling horrrible.

Seth Lockhart

Seth stared down at the table, so many emotions racing through his mind. He was hurt. He was mad. He felt betrayed. He loved  this girl no matter what she was. He would become a vampire if it would mean they could be together. Seth looked at her, shook his head, and walked outside, knocking a chair to the floor before exiting.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice clamped her teeth together as his thoughts sent stabs of pain to her. She tried to block them out, but she couldn`t. Then he stood up and left.

"Seth, wait!" She exclaimed, jumping up after him. She didn`t care if people saw, she just wanted Seth to understand, to be happy again. "Seth, don`t go." Being a vampire against a human, she caught up to him easily, wrapping her pale, cold fingers around his hot wrist.

"Seth, you don`t understand," She chocked, unable to cry and hating it. "Seth, I want to marry you, I really do. But you don`t know who I am. You`ve only seen my true side once, and that was last night. When I saw you again, I thought that you would never want to see me again, instead you asked me to marry you." She paused for a moment. "I love you. More than anything I`ve ever known. But you`re so young, Seth. I`ve been alive for over two hundread years, you less than twenty. How do you know that you really love me?" The words hurts to say, but she didn`t let it show. She didn`t want to influence further what she had to say.

"How do you know that you want to spend the rest of eternity with me, Seth, because that`s what it`s going to be. How do you know that you love me for me, and not just because I`m virtually perfect?" Her eyes were still magnificently reflective from her recent feed, and they pierced the boy`s eyes. That was what he was, just a boy. He wasn`t that old compared to her.

Seth Lockhart

Seth stopped abruptly when Alice's cold fingers touched his skin. He listened to her speak and the words seemed to cut deeper with every sentence.

But the last sentence hurt him more than anything. How could she question him like that? He could care less about perfection.
   "I just know Alice." He said quietly. "I just know." He carefully removed her fingers from his wrist.
Axel

Seth

potter_fan122

Alice let him take her fingers from his wrist, but stepped in front of him and put a hand on his shoulder, just a half step in front of him.

"No, you don`t." She replied sternly, looking up to him. "Seth, I. Love You. How many times do I have to say it? I`ve been alive for over two-hundred years. I know that I love you. I want to marry you. You`ve made me happier than I`ve ever been, even when I was human. But I don`t want you to make a mistake. Do you love me?" Her eyes pierced his, searching for the answer. "There`s no going back once it`s done. That`s one thing I`ve never learned how to control-- time. I can`t stand to see you unhappy, now or ever." She paused, letting that sink in.

She was nowhere near finished with him. There was a lot more that she had to say, but he needed to calm down first.

Sky

((I have to post on sky cuz i cant log out))

There was so much running through Seth's mind. He couldn't bear to stare into those eyes right now. He stepped aside and started walking, his hands shoved in his pockets.
      What now?

potter_fan122

((It`s okays.))

Alice whimpered and was instantly in front of Seth, both hands on his chest, keeping him from walking. She wouldn`t let him walk away from her.

"Seth, stop! Don`t you get it?" She exclaimed. "You can`t go, I won`t let you. I love you, Seth." Her bottom lip trembled, the closest she would ever get to shedding a tear. "So much. I know you love me, too, that` s why I don`t want to let you go." Finally she looked away and took a step back. She wouldn`t force him into replying.

Sky

Seth looked away when she stopped him. "I love you more than you will ever know." He took her hands in his and kissed her softly on the forehead.
  "But if you can't see that, then I don't know what else to do. Maybe...maybe we should take a break." He slowly released her hands.

potter_fan122

Alice kept Seth`s hands, not letting them go.
"I can see that, Seth. I can see that you love me. Trust me, I can feel it better than you probably can. But you love me. No one has loved me in over two hundred years, and especially not as much as you do."

She looked down at their hands. "I don`t want to take a break, but if that`s what you want... then I will." She looked back up to him. "I can`t marry you, at least not yet." She hurried on before he could say anything. "You don`t know how hard this is for me to do, but I think that it will be better for the both of us." She slowly lifted her hand to touch his cheek, giving him time to move away.

"I want to marry you someday, but it`s too soon. I love you, and you love me. I know that, don`t think I don`t."

Sky

Seth let her touch his cheek. He was so confused, so...unsure. " I need to think Alice." He said. Seth didn't want a break but he felt weird now. Awkward.

potter_fan122

Alice nodded and stepped back, dropping her hands to her side.
"Okay. That`s fine. Just... let me know when you want to talk again." She said taking another step back.

There was something else that she had to do.

"Seth, I... keep it safe for me." She carefully took off the beautiful ring and picked up Seth`s hand, putting it in his hand and wrapping his fingers around it. And with that, she took several steps back, not wanting to leave but knew that she had to. Then she was gone.

((Do you just want to continue this where they meet again?))