News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Warping Reality (Open)

Started by ~Harry Potter~, September 28, 2009, 12:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Harry Potter~

(( Artemis in purple, Rhyme in yellow just for ease of reading since I will be having an internal dialogue))

Rhyme sat on a stump in the middle of the forest.  It was currently a very strange part of the forest since if somebody had the power they would have found that all the animals that were in a mile radius of the stump were suddenly gone.  They left of their own free will sensing it best to not be there. 

His eyes were closed and he appeared to be deep in thought.  If someone would have been watching they would see his facial expressions randomly changing as if he was arguing was someone though it was clear nobody was there.

No, just not ,we are not using that song.
Why not, it is a perfectly good song.
It's a girl singing it, and it's all about love
Well, it's the closest thing I found so far and I think it is a quite lovely song, and I am fine with singing a female voice.
Of course you're would, your gay!
Doesn't that technically make you gay?
Of course not, your one friend Cindy?  I would love to..STOP! Right there.  I don't need to hear that

Artemis chuckled at this which sounded really creepy in his mind since it echoed

How does my mind echo?
Don't ask me, it's your head.  Wait, were are off topic, anyway, I am not singing that song.
Come on, it gets you out for a short time period and I'll work on finding a better song later[/i]

With a grumble Artemis relented.

Fine

There comes a time,
When you face the toughest of fights,
Searching for a sign,
Lost in the darkest of nights,
The wind blows so cold,
You're standing alone,
Before the battle's begun,
But deep in your soul,
The future unfolds,
As bright as the rays of the sun.
[/i]

Rhyme began to shimmer as if being looked out through a large amount of heat.  And as he sat there deep in a trance he began to rise into the air.  As he rose it seemed to be like there were two Rhymes there but one was slightly different, had a more aggressive tone and his hair and eyes were darker.  This other form was Artemis though under strict control by the song.  The song would let him out for a short duration only during the songs and let their powers merge.  From their heart a large orb of light began to emerge and grow. 

You've got to believe,
In the Power of Love,
You've got to believe,
In the Power of Love,
The Power of Love.

Blazing Emotion,
There's a light that glows from your heart,
It's a chain reaction,
And nothing will keep us apart,
Stand by my side,
There's nothing to hide,
Together we'll fight till the end,
Take hold of my hand,
And you'll understand,
What it truly means to be friends.
[/i]

The other Artemis pulled out more and turned staring at Rhyme with an angry glare for making him part of this stupid song.  The light near their hearts began to expand and grow encompassing more and more.  This effect continued for the rest of the song.  When it grew Rhyme closed his eyes and focused his mind on the change that he wanted.  His heart supplied the energy which wasn't a whole lot since the song wasn't that fitting but it would work, but his mind had to fix the effect. 

He decided on something simple, within his mind he held the image of the trees around him but as crystal, reflecting the bright light into rainbows that would turn back into light as it hit another tree creating a large mosaic effect that was blinding but amazing.  The effect continued to grow until the end of the song reaching about ¾ of a mile in diameter before finally at the end with a curse Artemis faded back into Rhyme's mind behind the monolith of Elandil and the crystal suddenly shattered and faded away leaving the trees intact though a few leaves remained crystal though alive. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

potter_fan122

Stacey was just over a mile away, eyes closed and back pressed against the back of a tree. She was just sitting. She liked to do that sometimes, especiall in the forest. Deep in the forest, no one could interupt her. No powers would interfere with hers. She could test herself to her limit, and know what her limit really was. She could do whatever she wanted, and she loved that. She could feel free out here.

But something was off this time. Something interupted her deep concentration of power. Moment ago she could tell you exactly what was in this forest and where, but not now. Something had popped up on her mental radar, something powerful. She could just barely feel it, and it was like seeing something dark flee on the corner of your vision. She tilted her head, trying to feel for whatever it was. She couldn`t tell, so she stood up. Her eyes were still closed, but that didn`t matter. She could navigate her way through the forest easily.

She took about two dozen steps in a certain direction, and the thing turned into a pull. Whatever it was, it had to be both powerful and familiar to her for her to feel it from this far away. She took some more steps, running her hands over her arms to make sure her knives were secure. She was never without them now, not after Jonathan invaded her mind.

A few minutes later, she was only about a fouth of a mile closer to the pulse of power. It was doing something, because she could feel it radiating. She could hear the song, too. The words made her open her eyes with surprise.

"Rhyme?" She mumbled to herself, taking another step.

Just then brilliant light in the trees made her fall to the ground. The power came out with the crystal, and she was positive that it was Rhyme. The sensation of power was overwhelming and shocking. She peeked out, closeing her own powers down, like Ginny had shown her.

In the next second, she had transported to about twenty feet from Rhyme, her eyes a brilliant, electric shade that matched the way his power felt to her. She looked towards him, tilting her head. The unspoken conversation was resounding through the air, and she started to blush. Not only had she been talked-- or thought-- about, but it had been a private conversation, not something that she should have heard.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

~Harry Potter~

"Oh hello Stacy" he said as he opened his eyes and uncurled his legs from the Lotus position.  With that he stood and leaned back cracking his back. 

"Minding giving me your insight on powers?  I am not really sure what that is."

Your warping reality you loon[/color]

He paused a short random moment as Artemis spoke in his mind and then continued with the conversation.

"Artemis tells me it is warping reality but I am not sure if I can really do that, I know it isn't illusions though since the effect actually does physical harm and can hit those with strong wills such as psychics."

((It is warping reality though Rhyme doesn't really know it yet, that is why he can't do as much as Artemis, it is the understanding as well as the will that does the warping.))

potter_fan122

((?))

Stacey tilted her head slowly, her eyes large and the strangest shade of purple. Purple, that was the color her eye were when she was confused or feeling different emotions at once. Right now, she was confused. She had just been minding her own business in the forset, and walked right into a kaleidoscope of brilliance. Now that didn`t happen every day.

"Uh, sure." She replied, taking a half-step forward and leaning against the tree. "And you can tell Artemis that I`m married." She added, feeling a sudden burst of rebelion. She held up her left hand, the diamond ring flashing. She smiled. She knew that Artemis could hear her, of course, but she didn`t want to just let him have free reign for calling her Cindy. Then she started to wonder... Rhyme and Artemis were the smae person, well, almost. Did Rhyme feel the same way about her?

"I don`t think it was either. You were producing a dazzling light that covered everything for almost a mile." She shrugged. "I`ve done something similar, but on a lesser scale. It`s not that hard to do, really."

~Harry Potter~

((I was just letting you know that his power is actually warping reality but Rhyme just doesn't want to accept that just yet which is still limiting his potential))

Hun, married doesn't mean a thing.  I have known plenty of women pulled away by the lust of the preverbal milkman. he projected with a mental wink. 

I wonder if Elandil ever got tempted by the milkman, who knows Rhymy old bean, you may not be that bastard's son.

Rhyme's left eye twitched suddenly as if he had a tick.  Inside his mind though, a decent size crack formed along the monolith of Elandil that guarded Artemis. 

"Oh?  Was it only the light, I was trying to turn the trees themselves crystal.  I couldn't really tell if it worked though.  I thought it would be interesting to see if I could affect life a little bit since I know it wouldn't last."

As he said that a small snap was heard and a still crystal leaf thunked him on the head. 

"Oi! What's this?" he said rubbing his head and picking up the crystal leaf and holding it out in front of him to show Stacy and himself. 

potter_fan122

((Ah. Sorry, my brain isn`t working right this week.))

Stacey smiled, easily hearing Artemis is Rhyme`s mind.
"And you are neither a milkman nor a man I have interest in. Sorry." She replied, her tone clearly ending that conversation.

"And it may not have been just light, but that`s what it looked like to me. I didn`t get a good look, really. Kind of surprised me." She said as she looked at the crystal leaf.

That`s really cool, though. I don`t think that I would ever be able to do something like that." As she spoke, she held her hands in front of her about six inches apart. A flash of white appeared and spirraled. A chunk of crystal floated between her palms, turning and sparkling witht he light.

~Harry Potter~

Nice, looks like she actually has some teeth

"Now you be nice Artemis or I'll find the gayest outfit that I can and sing YMCA in the Great Hall"

...you wouldn't dare...

"Stacy, do you have any fishnets and a nice skirt I could borrow?  Oh and maybe a pencil for my eyes?" he said giving her a wink to let her know he was only half serious.  He would do it to keep Artemis in place, he wasn't ashamed of who he was.  And who knew, he might actually find someone, he couldn't be the only gay kid in this school with Hufflepuff and all. 

potter_fan122

Stacey grinned, hearing their argument.

"I don`t know about fishnets, but I have a skirt and make up I could help you with." She replied, a large smile flashing across her face. Rhyme seemed like a really nice guy, and she really felt bad that he was the one that he to be tortured with the burden of Artemis. She would help, if she knew how she could.

"And yes, the kity`s got the claws." As she said it, two foot long daggers fell into her hands. they had just seemed to appear, but they hadn`t. She always had knives on her now, and she knew how they would react to her every little movement. Her blades were specially made and deadly sharp. And she had used them before.

~Harry Potter~

((LMAO!  Did you know Rhyme has a set of knives as well?  Old souvenir from his old school, 10 kunai that can be brought together to form a metal shield.))

Rhyme let out a small happy chuckle before he spoke.  

"Looks like great minds think alike"

After he spoke his let his one arm fall straight and kunai after kunai fell from that sleeve.  As each one fell he did a flip of his wrist and sent it to his other hand which began to juggle them into the air until all ten of them were moving.  

"One of these days I need to show you my Dance of 1000 Blades.  It can be quite entertaining to see."

Though you insist on just cutting paper instead of real people with it
"Though I must admit those blades are quite a marvel, Goblin made I am guessing since that seems to be the fashion in this area."

potter_fan122

((Bet he can`t shoot a Muggle gun, though. =P ))

Stacey grinned, then flipped the knives upward. Her knives were absolutely deadly, and had to magic in them whatsoever.

"Sure, sure. Goblin made. Sounds good." She said with a smirk. More like the opposite of goblin made. Muggle made was more like it. She had enlisted in countless defense classes throughout her life, dotted with ballet and piano, of course. She knew how to shoot with both bow and arrow and a gun. She could throw knives and hit a target fifteen yards away. Plus who knew what else?

"When was the last time you practiced with them?" She asked. After Jonathan had started to threaten her, she had pushed her training up a notch. Jonathan wasn`t human, so that would make him harder to kill, but she wouldn`t go down without a fight. She plucked the blades from the air, her fingers on the sharp sides of the blades, and they disappeared up her sleeves. They became invisable there. Impossible to see without knowing that they were there.

~Harry Potter~

"Eh, a couple weeks ago I think.  Though I have it down enough that the skills can't get too rusty." 

His gazed danced around as he tried to find some way to show off his accuracy.  Though in truth he thought, accuracy was never really what he worked on.  With his ribbons he could make even a really off shot hit home.  What his real skill was with control and speed.  He could make blades do thing only high skilled knife fighters could but they had to have physical wires that could be cut or tangled. 

He contemplated throwing a knife at her and making it stop but he didn't want to risk Artemis playing a little trick and locking a part of his powers from within.  He wouldn't be able to do it long but it wouldn't need to be long for it to go into Stacy.

He turned and faced a tree and as he juggled he attached a small nearly invisible string of his magic to each kunai.  Next he began to toss them higher and higher nearly hitting the tree above to give each blade a long air time.  Last, when all ten were in the air he waved his hand and sent all flying toward different trees.  A throb began to form in his left temple as he had to keep mental focus over ten objects at once but right as they were about to hit a tree he threw both arms out and splayed his fingers wide  making a stopping motion.  All the kunai stopped dead in the area a fraction of the inch near the tree. 

Suddenly his eye flinched bad and all the kunai dropped as he dropped to a knee. 

"That still gives me a bad headache."

potter_fan122

She was silent as he contemplated on what to do. He had thought about throwing the knife at her, and that made her smile inside. Not only could she read his thoughts and tell exactly what he was going to do, but she had been taught to fight. If a knife was thrown at her, there was a very small chance that it would touch it`s goal. She knew how to protect herself. She had to, and it had proved very helpful so far.

Then he threw all ten of his knives at a tree, and her eyes widened slightly. Not one of them hit the tree. It looked so easy, and yet she knew by how strained his mind was and how he reacted that it wasn`t. How could he do that? It was so frustrating, being able to absorb powers and read thoughts. What good was it when you couldn`t learn anything cool.

"How did you do that?" Stacey asked, slipping a knife from her sleeve and turning it around, running her fingertip along the blade. She fought like a Muggle with these weapons, and she was good at it. Only being half-witch had some advantages. "You`ve mentioned something before about chakras, or something like that." She continued. "Remember that one night, when I was really tense and everything? You did something with your voice. How do you do that kind of thing? I`ve never seen or heard anyone do that." Her eyes were full of curiosity as she gazed at him.

~Harry Potter~

As he stood up and began to rub his temples he answered her questions. 

"I control them with basically wires of energy.  I make them thin so they aren't obvious.  Kind of like how skilled knife fighters sometimes tie metal wire to their throwing knives to effect how they move.   I can just make that wire more complex than any real metal.  Though I must admit all ten at once without the help of a song really puts a strain on the mind."

"And my voice, I never figured out why I could, but I can change my vocal cords to hit nearly any pitch even those out of normal hearing range.  Certain things just have a frequency where they resonance or vibrate with it.  Most things have it, just a lot are way past normal hearing or creation."

He looked into her eyes and saw the small anger at herself and the amazement at his abilities.  That and what her powers were he made a guess at what as troubling her. 

"And absorbing ones powers doesn't mean you absorb their skill does it?  I worked hard to work with these knives and it took practice to master my vocal cords.  You have the potential to be great at many things, but even you need to practice with it.  If you are bored in class, think of what you can do with other peoples powers or things you can draw from at all times.  That is what I do.  If I am bored I think of what songs could do if I sang them"

potter_fan122

Stacey thought about his last question. She had thought a lot about that certain power, and had tested it many times. Sometimes, she could come up to a person with an amazing power that took a long time to set, and she could use it perfectly to the full extent that the original person could use it. Other times she could only use the basic energy to her own knowledge, how much she knew about it. It had been quite a surprise to be able to use so many powers on that first day she found out about her powers. Thankfully, she had been with Ginny, so she hadn`t freaked out so much. Of course, the night had ended with being forced into a hospital bed...

"I`m not sure." She finally replied. "Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn`t. I think it depends on the power, but I haven`t tested my powers like that. And as for throwing knives, I don`t use wires, and I hit what I want to hit. Haven`t missed in four years." She stated proudly. It was true, too. She never really knew why her father had wanted her to take so many self defense classes, and now she was starting to. Jonathan had been revealed to her, and his secrets were out. Her father was trying to prepare her for something she couldn`t have imagined.

As she spoke, her eyes had gradually flowed into a lime green, sparked with energy. She could feel power flowing to her fingertips, and she clenched her hands into fists. She had to control her powers. It was a lot easier now, but it used to be really hard. She could feel her fingernails dig into her palm, but she ignored it.

~Harry Potter~

((Woot writers block broken for now!))

In the background of Rhyme's mind there is always music running, sort of like the worlds ipod set on shuffle.  As they were talking a song that would work with what Artemis and Rhyme were trying finally came on and Artemis spoke up telling Rhyme so.

Hey Rhyme, try that one.  It should work and better then that stupid Power of Love

Rhyme paused and got a blank look on his face as he concentrated on the song and grinned.  He almost forgot that one, it was a good one by Bon Jovi.  He needed as he heard it running in his head.  Its My Life was just dark enough to let Artemis out a small amount but not lose control.  That song would work well anyway since it had a good beat and enough changes for him to have some fun with. 

"See what I mean when I think of songs?  Right there is a good song for hand to hand combat.  But even more than that, I can tap into some higher power and if my guess is right fly a bit.  At least I could if they could, from what it sounds like I can match or even slightly beat anything my opponent could do physically."