News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

untitled coma story

Started by uglycupcakes, October 12, 2009, 09:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uglycupcakes

Bleep.... Bleep.... Bleep..... I heard a monitor beeping steadily. Drip.... Drip.... Drip.... Something liquid drips a half a second after each bleep. It creates a sort of beautiful rhythm. I lay for a minute enjoying the beat. Then coming to my sense my mind starts to wander. Where was I? Where was the rhythm coming from? I try to open my eyes. Nothing happens. Why aren't they opening? I attempt to scream but it has a similar effect; nothing. I try to kick my legs, but stillness is the only response.
I let myself relax accepting my temporary defeat. Feeling a cloudy haze come over me, I fall back asleep. When morning greeted me, I tried moving my body again. Failure was my only companion. My mind begins to roam; wondering why moving was so inconceivable. Than to my delight, I hear a door open and voices began speaking.
"Ma'am, we've been running tests all week, and her brain activity is rather limited..." A smooth and confident voice my brain didn't recognize ventured on with a slur of medical terms, which were beyond my comprehension. Someone begins to cry. The woman chokes out horrible, heart wrenching sobs.
"Doctor," Panic spread through me as my mind realized who the voice belonged to. It was my mother. It was her who was crying. "Can she hear me?"
Were they talking about me? Was there anyone else in the room? I couldn't open my eyes to find out.
"Boleyn?" Yeah. It was definitely my mother. She's the only one who calls me Boleyn. Everyone else just calls me Lynnie. But my mom is obsessed with King Henry VIII and so I was named after his second wife, Anne Boleyn. "Are you in there? Can you hear me?"  My mom sounds so desperate and broken that my own heart rips into fragments. My compulsion to reach out and comfort her is overwhelming.

let me know what you think :D

potter_fan122

Really good.
I likes it a lot.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Miss Xantier

uglycupcakes

Everyone else just calls me Lynnie. But my mom is obsessed with King Henry VIII and so I was named after his second wife, Anne Boleyn. "Are you in there? Can you hear me?"  My mom sounds so desperate and broken that my own heart rips into fragments. My compulsion to reach out and comfort her is overwhelming.
"Some doctors theorize that the patient can hear you or at least sense your presence." The Doctor said in response to my mom's comments. "But... I'm not so sure."
I can hear every stupid thing you say! My mind screams. But of course my body continues to fail me. My lack of response introduces my mom to a whole new round of noisy tears.
"I'll leave you alone." The doctor left the room, I hear the door close. Something cold grasps my hand.
It comes to my attention that I can feel things; the rough cotton of the hospital blanket, the socks on my toes, my mothers hand in mine and even the slight breeze that grazes my face.
"Boleyn, honey, everything will be alright. Don't you worry." She holds my hand a little longer and then leaves. After I hear the door close, I exercise all my focus on moving. I have questions to ask. Answers my mind needs before it will rest once more. Why am I here? What had hurt me enough to get me in such a predicament? The state I am in restricts me from obtaining the answers to my questions, but all my effort will be employed in this fight.
Mom comes and visits me again. I begin to count the days by how often she's at my bedside. I have been here for six days and no one but the doctors and my mom bothers to grace me with there presence. I am beginning to ponder if because I can't speak nobody cares about me anymore. But then on day six I hear a new voice. Ophelia's.

The next part :D
Hope its okay!

potter_fan122

"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."