News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Running in the Dark(open to all!!!)

Started by XalexandriaX, November 2, 2009, 05:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XalexandriaX

I ran. Just a slow jog. It was nice to feel the wind against my face and the fact that only the moon was watching. She hummed a Linkin Park song, glad that she could remember the words since iPods didn't work on school grounds. She thought while she hummed and ran. She thought about her first day. She'd done well in Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Even Potions! Everything else was only slightly difficult. She started sprinting when she thought about the social interaction of the day. It wasn't good in other words. She'd barely spoken to anyone and no one had really tried to talk to her. That didn't bother her terribly....she just wished she wasn't socially inept. So then, she ran faster.
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly
I feel the rage and I just can't hold it" Monster-Skillet

potter_fan122

((Good job. Just remember to always posts in third person.))

The air was chilly and crisp. Fall. Stacey`s favorite season. She missed walking around the forest in the fall. Everything was so pretty and mysterious. She was about three miles from the school, really just on the edge of the grounds. She wasn`t supposed to be here, she wasn`t a student, after all. But she came anyway. No one ever noticed her. And of they did, well, she knew her spells well.

And as she was walking, she felt something. It couldn`t be the school, it was still too far away. There was someone outside. But at this time? Stacey looked at the sky. Based on where the moon was, it had to be about five on the morning. Whoever it was was either a teacher, or had snuck out. The teen smiled and moved into the edge of the trees, where she would be hidden from view. Her feet were silent as she sprinted through the trees. She could run though here with her eyes closed, and had done so before, just to see if she could. She could disappear here. No one knew it as well as she did. Ginny, maybe, but that was the one exception.

As she got closer, the pulsing that was the person became clearer. She could feel that it was a girl, and she wanted very strong. Stacey slowed, wanting to stay undetected. Finally she stopped and turned towards the faint sound of the person`s breath. The girl looked about thirteen, maybe fourteen. She wouldn`t be a problem. Even so, Stacey`s eyes became black as she disappeared in plain sight.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

XalexandriaX

Alexandria felt great. She listened to her heart as it beat quickly. All she could besides that was her own breathing and the wind rustling the leaves. She tilted her head back and took a deep breath. Then when that was done. She sat down on the forest floor. She wanted to expiriment with her talent. The one no one knew about. She could speak with her mind. It was sort of like texting with your mind. She had known about it for a while and knew it would be bad to practice with people at the school. And it's not like she had friends she could tell. So she looked to the animals in the forest. She closed her eyes and began to speak with a raven close by her. Animals were slow of course but they still understood her and she them. Then something felt wrong. Like another cell phone sending her a text. She could also detect other people's mind when their near. This person was close.
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly

potter_fan122

((Also, try to space out your posts, like a paragraph. And reread your posts before you actually posts them. Again, good job.))

Stacey watched the girl sit down, her black eyes following her every movement, even though there wasn`t much light to see by. In the next instant, she was in the branch closet to the ground, which was about twenty feet up. Nothing moved as she transported herself from one spot to another. She was glad that only a couple people knew about transporting.

Then she froze. The girl noticed her. She quickly ran through her mind, closing up all of her mental walls, making sure there were no cracks in it. then she observed the child. She had noticed her when almost nothing else would, and she had some sort of mental power. Stacey leaned back a little, her cold hands gripping the branch she was perched on.

Her eyes had changed themselves to purple with curiosity. Maybe this girl would be some fun.

Sky

Sky was in the forest, collecting ingredients for the class she was to instruct mid-afternoon. Beneath the darkness of the trees, the only noticable part of her was her pale skin and the lumininated wand in her hand that gave off an acidy green glow.

Sky was looking for something called lunar berries. They only appeared at the first week of the month and during the early hours of the morning when it was still dark and the moon was out.

As she dug through some brush and vines, she finally found a large silver berry as big as a grown cat. Just as she went to cut it from its vine, Sky heard footsteps. She could sense a person's presence near her.

"Hello?" She called, her voice soft, relaxed.

XalexandriaX

She stiffened. She concentrated harder on the precense and tried to go into it's mind but suddenly she was blocked. Hmm. She slipped back and stayed still and then suddenly there was a second mind. This one was easily accessed.
         She got a picture of the person. She was standing still having heard her. Alexandria called out to her.
"Hello? I'm Alexandria!" she yelled.
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly

potter_fan122

Stacey`s eyes flickered to the place where Sky was, seeing her in her mind. Under the cover of the voices, she transpoted into the tree closest to her friend. She jumped down the tree, landing on her feet, but falling forward with her momentum. She grunted quietly as she pushed her self into a standing position and pressed her back against the tree, lsitening closely. She pushed her mind closed, pulling her mind away from her body.

The yell that came from the now named girl sounded loud to her. Didn`t she know that she wasn`t even supposed to be in the forest, let alone yell in it? There were dangerous creatures out here, creatures that could kill you. Good thing Sky was out there and visable to the poor girl.

XalexandriaX

Alexandria waited for a response. The night was start to get cold and she was nervous about the forest around her.
And then she got an idea. What if she used an animal around her to see what was going on? So she called to the raven she had talked to and asked it to look around. It flew away and while it did Alexandria went to the nearest dark spot. She knew it was stupid. There were many things out here that wouldn't be phased by darkness but she still felt the need to. She always listened to her gut.
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly

Sky

Sky heard the grunt and pointed to wand at the person who made the noise.

"Stacey!" Sky exclaimed, holding the berry in her arms. "What brings you here so early?" She asked. "Do you know who this Alexandria girl is? She's very foolish to be out here. Especially in the dark."

((Haha I'm listening to Pink Floyd- The Wall. It makes me giggle when I sing it.))

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded and pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"Yeah. I followed her. And don`t tell me you didn`t know that I sometimes come out here after my night shift." She said, her purple eyes searching the trees behind Sky.

"I don`t think she knows what`s out here." She added softly, pulling her own wand out of her sleeve.

Sky

Sky lifted a brown leather bag off of her shoulder and put the berry inside, laying it down on the ground.

"She wasn't that far. We better go find her." Sky pointed her wand to the west, illuminating a pathway. "Her voice came from this direction." She said.

potter_fan122

"I know." Stacey replied. "I was behind her, then jumped over here. She was running, third or fourth year." She explained. She started off in the dirrection of Sky`s wand.

"By the way, how are things going with you and Jason?" She asked. It had been a while since she had talked to Sky. Last she heard, they had just sort of got together.

Sky

Sky had bolted off and ran beside Stacey.

"Things are good. I don't get to see him much though because I'm the potion master's assistant and am just so busy. He's making me teach a lot of lessons and collect ingredients because he plans to retire at the end of the year." She said as she looked around for the girl.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded, comfortable at her steady pace.

"I know how it is not to see much of anybody. Most of the time, I work the night shift at the Three Broomsticks. Aiden found a job in a small shop out in Diagon Alley." She suddenly grinned. "But we try to spend time together at home." She didn`t think Sky knew about her and Aiden finding a house yet.

"There." Stacey said quickly. "There, about five meters." She pointed to the right, her eyes green. She glanced at Sky, thinking. 'Are you happy as the potion`s assistant?" She asked softly.

Sky

Sky grinned. "So you two have a house huh? What's next, little Stacey's and  Aiden's?" Sky always teased Stacey.

When she asked about her job, she shrugged. "Its not bad. It beats living alone and having nobody." Sky would have done just that had she not gotten this job.

She would live in a cheap apartment in Hogsmead, working as many jobs as she could.

"Do you like yours?" Sky asked.