News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Hanging Out In Hogsmead

Started by Sky, November 24, 2009, 11:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

The tiny bell hooked to the large wooden door jingled as Axel stepped inside The Hog's Head dressed in his school attire consisting of a white dress shirt with his robes that had the Gryffindor crest on it, black pants, and black running shoes. A gray fedora hat rested on his head and a navy blue messenger bag hung over his shoulder.

He made his way to a back booth, his red bangs hiding his sky blue eyes. The dark leather on the seats was well worn, some holes revealed a white cotton like fabric.

Axel set his bag down beside him and watched the people around him. There wasn't a whole lot of people here, but the smell of alcohol was strong. He tapped his  fingers on the table, debating with himself about whether to order a something strong or stick to water or tea.

LavyBrown

Lavy heard the door open but didn't bother to look to see it was. If it was someone after her there would already be a battle ensuing so she wasn't worry. Besides the mind waves seemed to be familiar anyways. Just as she was about to ask the bartender a question she heard the thoughts of the person who had just walked in.

They were debating with themselves weather or not to get a strong drink or not. She looked over her shoulder and in the dim lighting she saw Axel sit down. She smiled inwardly. What a silly boy. His thoughts were amusing enough. She stood and walked nearly silently over to him.

"Well since your not legal yet I would stick with the water or tea. Unless it's a really bad day in which case I would go with a screwdriver or just straight vodka," Lavy said walking up to the booth. She realized right then that Axel didn't know that she could read minds. She hoped she didn't scare him away.

"Umm..."she said after a moment of silence, "Axel, right? I'm Lavy in case your forgot."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Sky

Axel nearly jumped when he heard a voice so near. He hadn't noticed Lavy approach him. He moved his hair from his eyes and adjusted his hat. So she read minds too. It seemed that a lot of people could do that. Not him though. He could only handle controlling fire.

"Its not really a bad bad day. Its just...dragging, ya know what I mean?" He said when she suggested a beverage for him.

"I'm seventeen, but I probably will get the tea. Alcohol will just make me feel bad anyway." He smiled. "And I remember."

LavyBrown

Lavy smiled, glad that although her entrance was a bit of a suprise for him, her abilities were not as much, "Sorry," she said, "I usually ignore others thoughts, it's an invasion of privacy I know. I might take me same time to get use to your voice and once I do I can block it."

She looked around the room. Most of the costumers were men who looked either completely depressed for entirely drunk out of their minds. One of the guys at the bar was looking back at her. She didn't need to read his thoughts to know what he was thinking about. She looked away feeling really uncomfortable
"Good choice though. It' far to early for anything with the hint of alcohol. May I join you," She asked.

Sky

"Its not a big deal, I don't mind." Axel yawned. "You're right. It is too early. Stupid school hours." He nodded when she asked to join him and smiled. "Go ahead."

A woman had arrived to their table, mid forties with tired green eyes and blonde hair pulled into a loose ponytail.

"What can I get you two?" She asked with a friendly expression.
Axel looked to Lavy.

"Ladies first, my treat."

LavyBrown

Lavy smiled, "Thank you, twice over I guess. I think I will have..." She went over a mental image of the regular menu, "I suppose I will have a blue berry tea and if your our of that a green tea."

She waited for Axel to order, thinking. Of all the days to be ignored by her ex she wished today was one of them. Unfortunately he really wanted to see her. So she decided to hide out in Hogsmead until he left. She sighed. At least she had company for the next few hours.

She read the mind of the man behind her again to see of he was still looking at her. He was. He was going over the best way to talk to her. She laughed out loud without thinking. His thought process was hard to read because he was so drunk but the parts she was getting was really humorous

Sky

"I'll have the raspberry tea please." Axel handed her a two galleons, enough to cover the tea and tip.

"Okay, it'll be ready in just a couple minutes." The woman said and turned to greet some new customers.

Axel looked at some of the men, lost in such inebriation that they were falling asleep where they were sitting or falling as they swung a punch at someone who made them mad. It was pretty funny. Then he heard Lavy laughing.

"What's so funny?" Axel asked curiously.

LavyBrown

Lavy leaned forward and lowered her voice to a whisper, "Do you see that man behind me at the bar," She asked, not looking at him but gesturing towards him.

"He is really drunk and he keeps having all of these unfinished thoughts and if you could hear the way he is forming them you would probably be laughing them too. It's pretty ridicules. Inappropriate, yes, but funny all the same."

She rolled her eyes as another thought crossed his mind and she heard it.

Sky

Axel chuckled, a grin upon his face as he looked at the man. He sure was a sight. And not necessarily a good one.

Axel lifted his cup and brought it to his lips, taking a sip of the hot liquid.

"So you don't go to school very much eh?"

LavyBrown

She nodded, "Hardly ever, when I do go it's to turn in the homework of that week. Other then that I usually am off taking care of business at the Ministry or around the school. Kicking kids out of the halls...stuff like that. It's fairly boring. The real adventure is being sent on missions."

"There are alot of things wrong with the Ministry, but it's worth it.....look at me going on about all of this boring stuff. I'm surprised your not sleeping yet."

Sky

"No, no. It's interesting." Axel said, intrigued. "What department do you work in?"

He took off his robes, the heat from the fireplace finally reaching them.

"They let a student go on missions?" Axel asked.

LavyBrown

"Officially I work for of the Department of Magical Transportation. The Minister of Magic figured it would be a good cover. Unofficially I'm the head of the Auror Department. Not to blow my own horn but I'm probably one of if not the best assest the entire Ministry has."

"They wouldn't let me go over a little thing like school. Please. Or even the fact that I hate them and they know that full well."

Sky

"Impressive." Axel said. "You must be really talented to hold a job like that."

He took another drink of his tea and set it down with a light [i[clank[/]

"I don't blame you for hating them. I think any sane person would feel the same."

LavyBrown

"I think they give me more credit then I deserve sometimes. I had to learn to be street smart as well as book smart. Half the time my choices are based off common sense instead of bureaucracy. If they could just learn that everything would be much better...whatever it's all just water under the bridge as this point."

"But enough about me, I'm sure I've told you too much already I'm probably get some form of repremand if they find out I told you but of well. Tell me about yourself."

Sky

"Well...my parents and sister died in a car accident when I was eight, so I live with my cousin Seth, who I don't like for some reason. I can control fire and I'm a wolf animagus and I like to run." Axel looked at her and shrugged. "Nothin' special."