News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

New Moon Rant

Started by LavyBrown, November 30, 2009, 07:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavyBrown

It that time of year again. Last year I ranted on about the Twilight movie and so I decided to keep it up and do New Moon so here we go.
We will start with the directing. Different directors mean a different feel of a movie. I actually like this warmer feel that the coloring gives to this movie but there are some problems. Did anyone notice that annoying need for the circling camera work? I was getting motion sick there was so much. And some of those scenes were just way to cheesy to even be funny. It was just plain sad. If you've seen The Golden Compass you would know that this movie was an improvement but not much.

OK so acting...or lack of it really. I still don't know how I feel about Robert Pattison. I actually think he can act but he is not displaying that at all in this movie or the last. I'm looking forward to Remember Me, which is the new movie he's in. It looks good. I also really like the supporting cast. Kellen Lutz it a riot every time he's on the screen. Also the rest of the family does well in the limited time they are seen. Also Taylor Lautner is a suprise in the fact that he can do the cometic scenes as well as the more serious one with relative ease. Good job Taylor

But Kristen Steward is the real problem with this movie. She is horrible. I can't stand the way her speech pattern in this movie. She pauses in random placed where  there is no nee for a pause. She can't get out a full sentences with taking five breaths. Hot shirtless men couldn't save this movie from her and everytime she was on screen with someone I just felt really bad for them because it was clear they were trying to actually get something out of her but she was completely unwilling to provide them with what they needed to make it a good movie
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Sky

I haven't seen New Moon yet, but I saw Twilight for the first time a couple weeks ago.

First of all, I can't stand Kristin Stewart. I'm sorry, but she's a horrible actress. Robert Pattinson shouldn't even have done this movie because this is what he'll be remembered as. A Vampire. He can act, but it didn't show in this movie.

Alexis

I agree very much Lavy.

Okay, I do agree that New Moon was much better than Twilight.  However, still needs a lot of work.
I personally like the books more than the movies.  Although, New Moon did keep closer to the storyline in IMO.

Okay, for starters I very much dislike Robert Pattison.  I do agree that he has much better acting skills than how he is portrayed in both New Moon and Twilight.
I'm not eve sure how to describe it.  It seems like every seen he and Bella are in just seem so awkward its almost embarrassing.  I'm not sure whether it's Kristen or Robert, maybe its both?  I just know that it's painful to watch them two.

Now another thing.  Kristen Stewart.  I personally like her appearance, but something about her just gets on my nerves.  I do think it is with her speech and random pausing through all of her sentences.  It really bugs me, and I don't think it was only in the Twilight series that her acting was this bad.

Despite the other two, I do like Taylor Lautner even more since New Moon.  Before I saw the movie I totally like Edward (not Rob).  But now since I saw New Moon I'm defiantly a Jacob fan.

All in all I did think the movie was very entertaining.  I actually sort of liked this one.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

LavyBrown

He (Rob) never looks Kristen in the eye....ever he is always looking down when he's talking to her and every time they kiss, when she opens her eyes, she looks down at the ground. It's so uncomfortable I hate it. And I'm pretty sure that how they kiss each other in everyday life.

I loves YOUz

They moan every time they kiss! Its gross and very uncalled for. And whats up with that guy cutting his hair. its much better longer and is more like the book.
I wanna get back into this site..
My writing has gone way done hill since I left
and well I miss everybody!

Miss Xantier

Yech! Jacob is horrible. I know the reason for them looking at the ground when they kiss and Rob doesn't look at Kirsten! I have been paying attention o mags, and apparently they had broken up, and Rob was super heart broken! What's with all the guys taking off their shirts! OMG! I'm quite sure I was the only teenage girl who didn't squeal at Rob and Taylor being shirtless.

potter_fan122

He cut his haor so his fur wouldn`t reach the ground when he was a wolf. That`s explained in the book, but not the movie. That`s one thing I didn`t like about it; they didn`t explain anything. I`m sure that if I hadn`t read the book I wouldn`t have understood anything. They got a lot of the dumb details, but kept out a lot of the important stuff.

And what was with the running vision thing that Alice had towards the end? Oh. My. Cheeses. Everybody was laughing when they showed that, and I know that I wasn`t the only one who was thinkin about those slo-mo cartoons with two people running through a field of flowers towards each other. It was just so... unproffessional. I mean, I know that they were trying to demonstrate the vampiric speed, but that was just horrible.

I agree with Lavy where she said the colors were warmer. I liked that because the last one seemed so pale. It felt cold, and New Moon feels warmer.

I don`t like Kristen or Rob. They had better chemistry in the first movie, which is sad. They`re proffessional actors, and they shouldn`t let what happened in their real lives get in the way of the movie. It`s just not proffessional; if you`re going to act, you should be able to step in and out of character, not look like you`re going to cry every time you have to kiss.

=) But I did like it a lot better than Twilight. I think Lautner did a good job giving the feeling to Jake, especially towards the end when Alice and Bella were leaving. It made me like him a little better, and I like him better as a person, too.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Alexis

Quote from: Miss Xantier on December  1, 2009, 11:43:04 AM
I know the reason for them looking at the ground when they kiss and Rob doesn't look at Kirsten! I have been paying attention o mags, and apparently they had broken up, and Rob was super heart broken!
Don't believe those magazines or the media.  It's all lies really.

Honestly, the only actors that did well in the movie were the Cullens (not Rob) and Taylor did pretty decent.
And another thing.  She did not get on the motorcyle with the guy in the bar.  I mean seriously?
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

LavyBrown

I use to be team Edward but I'm totally team Jake now....I'm rereading the third book....wow that's a new topic by itself....I hate Edward in that book and if it's possible I hate Bella even more then I first did.

I'm wondering if I even like the book series anymore honestly. Bella is far to weak and Edward is too much of a controlling liar for my taste which is another topic by itself too.

Ginny Weasly

I haven't seen New Moon. I had the opportunity, but since I hadn't really liked the first one or any of the books I decided against it. All I wanna add is about some of the crazy fans.
I mean...really?
Girls my age (freshmen in COLLEGE for chissakes) are "in love" with the fictional characters of Edward and Jacob. No, they aren't fans, they are really crazy in love with these characters who are personified by Rob and Taylor. I just...it's so crazy. This is the next generation that is to be in charge of our country?
Crazy.
I even read an article about how Taylor was asked to sign some middle aged woman's panties. Crazies. I mean, the kid is only 17, shouldn't there be some sort of line here? He's JAILBAIT for goodnessakes.
My gawd, it's these fans that have prevented me from viewing the book as anything to be taken seriously. It just feels so...crazy.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Bucky Black

Quote from: LavyBrown on November 30, 2009, 07:05:02 AMOK so acting...or lack of it really. I still don't know how I feel about Robert Pattison. I actually think he can act but he is not displaying that at all in this movie or the last.
WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO COMPLAIN??

Bucky Black

Quote from: Alexis on December  3, 2009, 07:30:43 AM
Quote from: Miss Xantier on December  1, 2009, 11:43:04 AM
I know the reason for them looking at the ground when they kiss and Rob doesn't look at Kirsten! I have been paying attention o mags, and apparently they had broken up, and Rob was super heart broken!
Don't believe those magazines or the media.  It's all lies really.

True!!!! Glad someone agrees!!

Later: Woops double post sorry!!

fudge0604

Quote from: Bucky Black on December 14, 2009, 04:36:22 AM
Quote from: LavyBrown on November 30, 2009, 07:05:02 AMOK so acting...or lack of it really. I still don't know how I feel about Robert Pattison. I actually think he can act but he is not displaying that at all in this movie or the last.
WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO COMPLAIN??

She can complain if she wants, Bucky.

Back to topic, I haven't watched New Moon, but my class watched Twilight. The movie was OK, even though the acting was horrid, and the storyline rushed.

Post Potter depression.

Bucky Black

Yes a rushed storyline in Twilight. I haven't seen new moon either but I didn't really like Twilight.

James156

I agree with the both of you. Twilight was ok some of the time, but was horrible the other part of the time, and the storyline was so rushed. the book was SO much better.
Digimon is the Greatest EVA!!! I'm NEVA gonna grow out of it!!