News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Wizard war. (( Just wanted to get this out here, wrote it at school! ))

Started by fudge0604, December 10, 2009, 01:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

(( This is something I wrote at school, now I only want you're opinions! There are two parts!:D For the second part, I had to split it into two, since it exceeded the maximum character length! :D ))

WIZARD'S TOWER.

Once upon a time, there lived a wizard in a town called Celesta. He was a young man, who had lived in solitude, all his life. At the top of the city, a tall stone tower raged up from the ground, standing as a pole. The tower was commonly believed to be a library by the people of the town. But, they didn't know about the magic books and scrolls which reside in the tower, each containing spells potent enough to at least obliterate the marble town Celesta.

Al stood up, and looked around. Stone floor, wooden ceiling and a little window.
~God, this room is terribly dull! Bookshelf after bookshelf, scrolls after scrolls! ~
The thoughts of the young, bored wizard raced, as he walked over to a couple of bookshelves. Having his daily dose of aggravation, he sighed, long and tiresome.
He raised his hand, and slowly touched the backs of the books, remembering every topic, every spell, every incantation inside of them that he'd learned.

~Why am I being kept in this tower, only to be given books, water and bread! ~

His nutty brown eyes gleamed, as he took down a book, opened it, and started to read.

Al looked at the sky, once again from his little window. The blue sky was free from a sky, and the sun raged as the emperor, it was the true king of the sky.
He looked down at the marble city of Celesta. The view was fantastic, but he'd never actually walked the streets of the town.

At the age of five, he'd been learned how to read, write, and perform simple magic tricks, as levitating a rock, or temporarily making something invisible.
But over the years, he'd gained more and more knowledge, but the main question still remained.

~Why did the government put me up here? ~ The 180 cm man asked to himself, his long limbs had grown, and he'd gained a toned body. He'd changed over the years, except for the fact that his long, nutty brown hair still remained, as there were no way to cut it.
But what he didn't know, was that his question was going to be answered quick enough.

The next day continued as every other, he woke up to a tray with water, bread and some jam, then he dressed himself properly, and began his studies.

In the afternoon, another tray arrived, brought in by a middle aged woman.
Al ate up, and continued his studies.

Suddenly, he was distracted from his studies, as he heard steps from the stairs.
The door opened, and in walked a man dressed in black robes. He opened his mouth, " I assume you are Alphonse Gregorius? "

Al nodded briefly.

"Come with me." The words was uttered quickly, something was hasting.

Al's jaw dropped, as he turned his heels.

"Where are you taking me?!" He asked, confused. " Why am I being taken out? "

The black robed man turned, and looked directly into Al's eyes.

" You may not know this, but our country is in war. Our opponents are getting the lead, they're taking over villages, attacking citizens, and burning down farms to the ground. Luckily, we defeated them after several days of fighting and defending Celesta, they retreated. To assure that our country would never be burned to the ground, we put a young boy in a tall tower, one that we knew had magical powers. Now, war is closing in.

You are the magician of Celesta, and you have no choice but to surrender to our orders.

You will obliterate enemy armies and destroy our enemies cities.

You are our new weapon. "

Post Potter depression.

fudge0604

(( PART TWO IN THE STORY! Congratz if you have enough freetime to read it all! :D ))

WIZARD WAR.

Al raised his hands.

As done many times before.
He opened his mouth.
His lounges filled.
His mind sharpened.

And his mouth, uttered another one of his incantations, which only could bring...

Death.

BAM!

A gigantic fireball was thrust from the magician's hands, and flew through the air, with a high pitched noise. It was heading right north, directed at the gigantic city of Farthrige. The gigantic fireball hit a tall tower, and the stone blocks which it had been built with, fell down to the ground, causing massive destruction.  His dark blue robes were blown back by the force of the fire bolt's speed and power.

Al smirked, his brown eyes gleaming with pride. He'd climbed through the ranks, from being a boy trapped in a tower to learn dangerous magic, and now, a man, which let out bolts of fire and ice, upon the minor cities and countries, which all had fallen to Celestina.
Farthrige had been the sole enemy of the Noble land of Celestina, for three hundred years. Farthrige was not only the name of a city, and not only for a country, but also for a dark wizard, which practised the most dangerous sort of magic.

Dark magic.

It had long been known, that in the tallest towers in Farthrige, peasants had been brought to the dark magician, and been transformed to weapons of might. They're wills had been slaughtered, and they're feelings murdered.

The next day, Al walked out on the fields, and looked over at Farthrige.
Al looked at the remains of the tower, laughing. He'd rained down destruction on many cities, but this one, this one was special. Celestina's troops were all gathered, and everybody, from the smallest recruit to the greatest general, was ready to take down Farthrige, and win the three century old feud.

Somehow, Al had become a murdering machine, which had only been brought up to rain powerful magic upon Celestina's enemies. He was nothing but a tool, and he knew it. But, he was a dangerous tool, which could free itself at any time possible.

Al tilted his head to the right, as he brought forth some of the knowledge he'd gotten in his long stay in the Celestina library of hidden magic. He'd found a thin book, with faded golden letters on its back. With a cover that was the same colour as blood. And in it, there was secrets which should never had been written in a book. Secrets, that mankind would have been best without.

And those secrets were the information, about the hidden remains of the wizard's war. Three relics which had godlike powers, and in the right hands, mankind was doomed. The mighty ring of intellect, the fiery staff of might, and the crown of kings.  And when the relics were put together, a magnificent power would be set loose.

Al went over his plan once again. He knew that the old fart of a wizard Farthrige had one of the relics. And Al knew as soon as you have one of the relics, the easier it is to gain access to the other ones. Al smiled. Only the beginning of his plan had started, and now, the main part, the most important part was to be played out. The outcome, would determine how the next generations lived.

Al raised his hands; the city of Farthrige would have some cold day ahead of them. An icy mist was gathering between his hands, and in it, small shards of ice formed themselves out of thin air, and Al let out an incantation, slowly mumbling every word carefully.

The mist between his hands grew, and now it surrounded Al. He felt the cold shards bruising against his skin, and the cold air softly playing with his shoulder long, nutty brown hair. He'd grown, the past year since he moved out of the library. He'd gotten more exercise, and his muscles had grown. The features of his face had changed, from his childish looks, to getting more angled cheekbones, his nose had grown, and his shoulders broadened. He was more of a man now.

Al stopped mumbling incantations, and let free the mist, sending it to Farthrige. He turned his heel, chuckling lightly. Knowing one of the relics soon would be in his hands, he returned to the camp where the troops were staying.

The tent was warm, and filled with smoke. Al sighed.
~ I'm sick of staying in the front line... All I do is to send different diseases and weather, to tire out Farthrige' soldiers and troops... All of this could be over, if the general wasn't so selfish to see that they're own training programs had worked, then this war would be over, and I could already just get that relic! ~
His thoughts raged around in his mind, he was getting sick and tired of waiting. Al looked around the red tent. A fire was lit in the middle, and the smoke was mostly leaving the tent by the hole in the top. It was his private tent, and he lived in luxury. He was someone that Celestina pleased to have on their side, and they would do anything to keep him.

A thought hit him one of the more rebellious thoughts. Plans started to work out themselves in his head, and he fell to the conclusion that one of the relics would soon be in his hands.

The war had started, and both Farthrige and Celestina were sending all of their troops at each other. Al had been studying, and he was ready for his little scam.
He'd stopped aiding Celestina in their battle, but even without his help, they were slowly gaining victory. The troops of Farthrige were tired. Most of them were sick, after Al's bombardments, and they were easily defeated by Celestina. The days went, and the Farthrige troops retreated more and more, until they were standing inside their own city. Farthrige was surrounded, and catapults were slowly taking down the tall city walls.

Lying on the soft bed, with a light blanket and a delightfully fluffy pillow, Al woke up from a deep slumber. His backpack was packed with food and drink, and his finest robes were lying ready on a chair. They were scarlet red, and made out of the finest cloth that money could buy. Al got up from his bed, yawned and stretched out his limbs after a good nights sleep. He did his morning routine, and got his robes on. This was the long, awaited day.

Finally, he would fulfil his dream, and obtain one of the legendary relics. He smirked, as he felt some nerves coming on. Al laughed coolly, and took a deep breath.

Today he was going to fulfil the dream of a lifetime, and succeed in what no other succeeded in. He was going to achieve what no other ordinary wizard had ever achieved.

Al stepped out of his tent, and walked over the plains. Slowly, he started running, and he felt the wind slowly playing with his hair. The sun shone, and there wasn't one cloud in the whole sky. He ran, over the hills, and soon, he could see the city of Farthrige, in the distance. He stopped, and closed his eyes. Quickly, he could sense the Celestian troops which were storming Farthrige. To his surprise, he couldn't sense any other soldier, it seemed like they'd vanished, from the earth's surface.

Al opened his eyes, and clapped his hands together.
Slowly, he started chanting.

" Atra ei numeni, ey reni I ju, I frea e kra, átra ei numeni, ey reni I ju "

Al stopped the chanting, and clapped his hands a second time.

Suddenly, he disappeared from sight, with a gust of wind. The teleportation spell he'd practised so long on, had been a success, and he's finally mastered the hard task of learning such an intricate spell.

Al landed on stone ground. He looked around, and found out his spell was a success, and that he'd been teleported right into Farthrige city.

"This spell is going to be extremely useful! " He said to himself, as he slowly started walking up the streets. It was quiet, and as his eyes moved from place to place, he noticed that there wasn't anybody around. His prediction on the fields up with the camp were right, Farthrige was empty. And the only things left were houses, buildings and shops.

Al looked over the houses, and in the distance, glimpsed a tall castle. He smiled, as he realized where the old wizard, Farthrige was hiding.

~Hiding in his own castle... Of course! ~ Al thought, as he closed his eyes. He had to use the teleportation spell once again, that he was sure of.

For the second time that day, Al disappeared from thin air, with no trace, what so ever.

Al opened his eyes, as he landed on hard stone ground. He was standing in front of the magnificent castle, which stood tall in front of him. It was quiet here, too. The sun was still shining, but dawn was fast approaching.
Al walked against the great wooden doors that were the entrance of the castle. He put both hands on them, and slowly pushed. The doors swung open. Al looked around, as he was waiting for some kind of trap.

Nothing happened.

Post Potter depression.

fudge0604

He took a peek in, and was marveled. This was a castle for kings. The floor was decorated with a red stripe, and on the walls, there hung torches, hundreds of torches. It was a magnificent room, Al thought. The first thing he noticed was that there was a double door on the other side of the room.

Al started to walk, getting eager to possess one relic. To possess even more power than what he already had. He smirked, as he reached the double doors, and quickly opened them. Behind the doors, was a surprisingly small, square room. The red carpet which was in the entrance room followed into this room, a thin line, which lead to the middle of the room. There was no torches, no light.

Carefully, Al took one step in. Nothing happened. It was complete darkness.
Al took another step, and went into the room.

Suddenly, the door closed by themselves, and Al jumped with surprise, his heart had jumped over a beat.

"So, you've got the guts to come into my own house, eh? "

Al turned quickly, and flicked with his fingers. Flames were ignited all over the room, floating mid air. They were all a weak source of light, and didn't illuminate the room up as well as in the entrance room.

Al's eyes were fast searching for the source of the voice, and his eyes landed on a chair in the middle of the room. In it, there sat an old man, with grey hair, a crooked nose, a robe as white as snow. In his hands, there rested a wooden staff, with a white diamond on the top. In the other hand, he had a big ring, with a blue sapphire on it. And on his head, a crown, with thousands of emeralds, sapphires and rubies rested.

"Are you Farthrige?" Al asked curiously. He inspected the man more closely.
His jaw dropped.

Al looked at the old man, seeing his crown, his ring, and his staff.

"YOU HAVE ALL THE RELICS?! " Al exclaimed shouting, shocked. Panic hit him, and he struggled to accept the fact that the old, crippled man in front of him already had collected them all.

The old man nodded. "You think this is an illusion? Ha! I had all the relics before you even were born! "Whilst talking, the old man started to shiver uncontrollably.

"Then why are you in this old castle? You have collected the three relics, for god's sake! "Al stared at the old man.

The old man sighed, and the shivering stopped.

"For some hundred years ago, I collected the three relics. A surge of power went into me, and I could do anything! Anything I wanted. After a while, I gathered more and more power, and managed to raise a new land, with me as the one and only emperor. For some years, everything was fine, and this country, this city just kept evolving. Farthrige expanded, and that, was something that our neighbouring land, Celestina, didn't like at all. At that time, Celestina was a great country, in its. It didn't like a country like Farthrige, which could take the upper hand after a while.

War started, as you know, and after a while, I myself had to go to the front lines, to defend my country. It was a hard battle, and one day, I met another wizard, just like me. He was powerful, and fair, and a wizard who wasn't experienced with dark magic. "The old man paused, he was heaving for breath.

Al nodded, as he stood still on the red carpet. "Continue! " He asked, wanting to hear the rest of the story of how Celestina, and Farthrige.

"Since I'd obtain the three relics, I hadn't used one spell, which came from the branch of dark magic. Dark magic is something that should never be played with, and it is life threatening to use it, and should only be used in utter need.

That day, I and the magician from Celestina dueled. We had equal skills it seemed, and I was shocked, since I'd already obtained such great power through the relics. Seeing no other way out of the duel, I started chanting on a dark magic spell, which cripples another man's magic abilities. All was going well, but when I was about to cast the magic, something went wrong.

You see, the relics, aren't design to use dark magic. They were once created to bring good deeds, and the enchantments that were made on them when they were made, still follows them. My spell turned, and hit me instead of the celestian. It is hard to dissolve a curse, but it's even harder to dissolve a curse you've laid upon yourself. I lost all my powers... But today, it seems that God has been merciful on me..." The old man stood up, and walked slowly, over to Al.

Al looked at the man, wondering what he was up to. He raised his hands, ready to shoot shards of ice right through the old man.

"Calm down.... Young fellow... "The old man said, as he closed in to Al.

"I'm just going to..." He stopped speaking.

The old man reached for his pockets, and out, he drew a long dagger.

"What do you want?! " Al said quickly, as he slowly formed some ice shards in his palms.
"I'm sorry young lad... It seems I might need to... kill you... No one is supposed to know that Farthrige is a crippled old man... "Farthrige muttered slowly. The old man raised the dagger, and ran after Al.

Al was shocked by the old mans speed, as he was over him in seconds. Farthrige started to stab Al, which dodged by inches. Al smirked, as he aimed his hand at the old man, and shot out tens of icy shards.

He missed. Farthrige was surprisingly fast, and was right next to Al before he could even manage to react. The crippled man raised his dagger, and stabbed Al, right in the stomach.

Al gasped, the dagger felt like ice, in his hot skin, as it was ripping his flesh apart. He was in utter pain, but in all the chaos, he managed to grip Farthrige' arm, with one of his hands, and in the next second, he flicked his fingers, and suddenly, the old man was set on fire.

Al backed, still having the knife in his side. Slowly, he put one hand on the knife, and the other on the wound.  He wrinkled his nose, as he smelled burnt human flesh.

~ This is going to be a *I just used banned forum word no.2! Please report me to admin:)*er...~He thought, as he slowly dragged the ice cold knife out of his flesh. Blood flowed, and with both hands, he pressed against his wound, while he started chanting.

The pain lessened, and his heart started to beat slower. He was breathing heavily. The old man was still on fire. He was screaming and screaming, as he fell down to his knees. Slowly, the crown on his head, the ring on his finger, and the staff in his hand levitated away from him. Al stared at the old crippled man in flames. His wounds were soon healed, and the blood had stopped to gush out. The adrenalin in his blood had gone, and now, he was filled with a triumphant feeling. He stopped chanting.

Al laughed. Finally, had he, the mighty Al, gone from peasant in a tower, to a magician, who'd obtain the three relics. He took one step forward, then another one. Every step felt like hell to him, as the internal damages wasn't healed yet. He reached his hands out, but the three relics seemed to have their own will, and landed on their right place.

Al felt a surge of power flow through him, as the pain in his stomach vanished.
He laughed once again; he was now the mightiest man, on earth.

"It's time to get out of here!" Al exclaimed, whilst he looked back at the carnage, with the old man burnt up, and his own blood on the floor.

Post Potter depression.

James156

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the greatest story i have ever heard, besides Harry Potter of course. I thought it was too short, though, but great non the less. It would have been greater, i thought, if he had a love interest and they fought side by side and that their was a plot twist...she was the granddaughter of Farthrige, and she got the relics and she killed him. Sucky ending, but more suspence, and more riveting. People love it when a beloved character dies. Yours, all and all, is a success.
Digimon is the Greatest EVA!!! I'm NEVA gonna grow out of it!!

fudge0604

I agree with you, the end was rushed, and bad. But, I had to get a really open ending, because when I was done writing, I had 4 minutes left :) And then I hadn't even read through it properly.

But I ran out of time, since I wrote this at school. :D I'll get my grade on Monday though, and I'm excited, 'cause I wrote the most pages in the class, well, I think I wrote 12,5 pages? In Windows word.

Post Potter depression.

James156

I never check these in time. yeah, that is cool. Like i have messaged before ;D And how long are your class periods? I mean, it seems it should have taken you hours!!

Bucky Black

A site for you: www.alt.nerd/obsessive

Nah just kidding man. Unless you add /HarryPotter

Miss Xantier

That isn't even a site Bucky! But cool story Albus. lol, when I'm supposed to studying for the morning half of my exams, I just simply write stories. That are one page long and my writing is darn small.

James156

How irresponsible!! lol. I am exempt from my school exams. I have been home all day! I read Albus' story when i first got on...actually, it was the first thing i saw. Anyway, i am going to say well done Albus, well done Albus!  :)

Bucky Black

Quote from: Miss Xantier on December 15, 2009, 10:49:18 PM
That isn't even a site Bucky! But cool story Albus. lol, when I'm supposed to studying for the morning half of my exams, I just simply write stories. That are one page long and my writing is darn small.

Yeah it is a joke to a simpsons fan site (Used in the simpsons)

Miss Xantier

Quote from: James156 on December 16, 2009, 02:38:21 AM
How irresponsible!! lol. I am exempt from my school exams. I have been home all day! I read Albus' story when i first got on...actually, it was the first thing i saw. Anyway, i am going to say well done Albus, well done Albus!  :)

lol! I know, but I absolutely just love not studying, what do you think my parents make me do every day, coming exams. S-T-U-D-Y!!!!! Why ya home? I would of stayed home all day today and yesterday due to snow days, but nooo. Mum and Dad made me go to school! If I had of stayed home, I would of been fine.

James156

Well that stinks. I dont have to go to school all week...except on friday. i have an assignment due for AP World History and a christmas party to go to.

Miss Xantier

James156

It is not a school christmas party, it is after school, at my "sisters" house.

Miss Xantier