News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A cold drink at the end of the semester.

Started by purpleraincloud, January 14, 2010, 10:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

Avalee smiled. She was reading a letter from one of her muggle friends. They missed each other. She didn't really have a lot of friends, and had caused a bit of drama that was hard to get off her conscience.
But she was trying to be happy. She had good grades in all of her classes, especially potions, which had become a favorite. She was getting along well with her roommate.
All was well. She had two glasses in front of her, one firewhiskey, and one cold lemonade.

She was dressed for the cold weather, snow blowing in the air. A ravenclaw scarf, a gray shirt, a red skirt, with black leggings.

General pub sounds were in the air, and the fire was blazing. She saw drunk pupils, and drunk teachers, and cozy couples in booths along the wall. The door opened and an ice blast ran through the pub.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

potter_fan122

Stacey glanced up from her post at the end of the bar to see who had entered. It was just another student. The place was filled with them now, from third years to seventh. Everyone wanted to celebrate the end of term. For her, though, she had other reasons to be happy.

Tonight was her last night working the night shift of the Three Broomsticks. She had given her two week notice, and was ready to leave. Randy, the large owner, would have to find someone else or work the shift himself, which was unlikely, since he was usually passed out drunk in the rooms above the bar.

She had her own reasons for quitting, reasons that only three other people knew about so far. Aiden, her mother, and her father. Well, probably Jonathan, too. He knew everything, and spied in on her head move often than not. But he couldn`t really count. Stacey hadn`t seen him for a while, though. Not since that night she and Rhyme had fought him.

She was rather cheerful tonight, and she was refilling drinks quickly, simply "forgetting" every now and then to make people pay. She wanted to enjoy herself on her last night, and that meant that she had to have happy costumers.

Unfortunatly, Avalee had happened to wander into the pub. Stacey had kept a respectful distance, not sure how the girl thought about her now. She wasn`t avoiding her, or anything, at least that`s what she told herself. Because even under the circumstances she was in, she still felt insecure about what had happened between the younger girl and Aiden.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

The bell hooked to the top of the door to the bar rung softly as Sky pushed her way through to get out of the cold. It wasn't snowing, but the wind was extremely bitter to the skin. She looked around as she wiped off her boots on the small worn out carpet infront of the door. There were a lot of people here.

Must be the place to celebrate end of term. Sky thought with a small smile.

Sky looked around for a place to sit, undoing her Gryffindor scarf as she did so, so that it hung down around her neck. Ah, now she could breathe. She finally found a table in the back by the wall near some sixth year Ravenclaws and sat down, not even bothering to remove her black coat. She was freezing.

potter_fan122

Stacey looked up as the bell rang, and a grin stretched across her face as she saw Sky.

"Hey," She said, standing up and walking over to the table her friend sat in. "How are you?" She hadn`t talked to Sky in a while. A long while, in fact. they had kind of lost touch for a while.

((Shortness. XP ))

Sky

((=P))

Sky raised her brows when she heard a familiar voice. She smiled when she saw Stacey approach her table. It had been quite awhile since she spoke to Stacey. Probably not since graduation, which was a long time ago.

"Hey!" Sky replied. "I'm fine. How about you?" She motioned for Stacey to sit down, though by the look of this place, she might not have the time.

potter_fan122

Stacey shook her head.

"Sorry, I can`t sit. But my shift ends in..... fifteen minutes. And I`m happy to say that this is my last night. Do you think you can hang around until then?" She asked. "If you come up to the bar we can talk until I get off. These people need to learn to stand up and get their own drinks, anyway." She smiled and motioned to the bar.

purpleraincloud

Avalee saw Stacey glare at her from across the pub. She sighed. Things hadn't really been resolved there. All that stupid juvenile drama. She knew it was ridiculous, and she was filled with regret. She wished Stacey knew that.
She stayed in her seat, true Avalee was scared of Stacey, although she would never admit it, aloud.
She sat up straighter in her chair.
It's just another day

Sky

"Oh, sure. Yeah, I can stay." Sky stood up and headed for the bar, picking a seat that was away from the drunks. Sky pretty much had all the time in the world. There wouldn't be any classes tomorrow. She looked around absently and saw Avalee, a girl she didn't know very well, but recognized right away.

potter_fan122

Stacey moved behind the bar, pulling her hair up into a ponytail, glancing over at Avalee again. She sighed, knowing that even though it was her last day she needed to be nice.

"Do you need anything else?" She managed to say in Avalee`s direction and in a civilized tone. She didn`t like the fact that she still felt angry at Avalee. She was just a girl, and it had been a mistake and a lack of judgement. Nothing more. It had been over before it had started, really, and Stacey had made it clear that Aiden was hers. But she still felt hatred for the girl. She just didn`t understand why. She knew full well that Avalee was scared of her. Not only was it shouting at her from her mind, but it was obvious from the way she held herself and acted around Stacey.

While she waited for a reply, Stacey cleaned an empty glass and filled it with butterbeer for Sky.

Sky

"Thanks." Sky said.  She searched her pocket for some gold and layed a some galleons and sickles on the table, though the drink itself probably only cost ten sickles. She lightly sipped the butterbeer and felt her body warm up almost automatically. "Just what I needed." She said with a grin.

purpleraincloud

"I'm good." She said is a absentminded tone. Sigh. All she wanted was a peaceful drink, maybe a pleasant conversation with an acquaintance, or maybe one of her few friends.
She knew she had messed up everything. She knew that it would take a long time, if even at all to rectify the situation. What did Stacey need to be ok again? An apology? No, Avalee was scared that Stacey might hurt her, she did bring knives just about everywhere with her.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Stacey had to bite her lip to keep herself from giggling at Avalee`s thoughts. Trying to distract herself, she pushed all but one of the galleons back to sky and got her change. Why were her friends always trying to pay her extra? She got payed more than enough., and she always rejected the extra change. Sky was one of the only ones who persisted in tipping her so much.

And why was Avalee so scared of her? It wasn`t like she had actually threatened to hurt the poor girl. Yeah, she had a temper as bad as any wild animal, but she controled herself. Avalee was still sitting there without injury, after all.

"You sure?" She asked again, this time looking directly at the girl and raising an eyebrow. It was true, she did carry knives everywhere, but that was because of Jonathan and his people, not her. She also had a gun now, but no one knew that except Aiden, who also had one.

purpleraincloud

Avalee sat at a long table, Enough room for nine people besides herself, yet she was alone. The pub wasn't full, but it wasn't empty either. She took of the butterbeer and felt the warmth fill her. The sweet taste still on her lips she smiled, a memory of a muggle boyfriend drifting into her mind. Memories, only distant thoughts, no happy memories of late. She sighed.

A gust of cold wind blew in as the door opened.
It's just another day

Alexis

Alexis walked into the bar, her body shivering with the cold wind seemed to bite at her skin.  The hood from her jacket was up, blocking most of the wind away from her face.  She carried a guitar case in her hand, planning to play outside but the cold quickly robbed her of enthusiasm.  Her nose was red as she closed the door behind her and sighed, relieved to be inside and out of the freezing weather.

Her green eyes scanned the bar, noticing Sky and Avalee first.  She already knew Stacey worked here, being her stepbrother's wife.  However, she barely ever talked to her or Aiden lately.  It wasn't until then she noticed Stacey at Avalee's table.

Alexis slowly walked over to the booth, hearing Stacey's question go unanswered.  She sensed tention between the two girls, although she had no idea why.

"Hey guys."  Alexis greeted them both casually, hoping she wasn't interrupting anything.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

When the door opened and the little bell jingled, Stacey looked up to see who had come in. It was kind of automatic now that she`d been working here for almost eight months now. She smiled a little as a greeting to Alexis, just like she did for all of her costumers, but when she came closer her grin grew.

"Hi, can I get you anything?" She asked, nodding towards the guitar case. Aiden played, and she knew that Alexis played, but she hadn`t ever heard either of them sing. "You can set that up and sing if you want, too." She guessed that she had planned on playing outside, but it was absolutely bitter outside.