News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A cold drink at the end of the semester.

Started by purpleraincloud, January 14, 2010, 10:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Sky turned her head automatically to see who had entered the bar and grinned when she saw Alexis and her guitar case. It was neat to see somebody else played guitar. Sky wondered what she played. She took another sip of her butterbeer and pushed back the money that Stacey had given back, shaking her head.

Alexis

Alexis smiled..  She used to sing in front of family members and at a local hangout in her old muggle town so she the idea of continuing that here would be great.  She missed those days and a part of her wanted it back, she just didn't realize it would be here at Hogwarts.

"Actually, the sounds really cool."  Alexis said, looking at her solid black acoustic guitar case.
"Where should I set up at?"

She looked around the bar, glancing at the few people she didn't know.  Alexis sat the case down and looked at Sky, who was looking at her.  Her gaze turned curious as she took a few steps toward her, but hesitated, waiting for Stacey's answer.

"Do you play, too?"  She asked a moment later.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

Stacey waved over to the empty corner where there was a step up to a small platform.

"Up there, if you want, but anywhere`s fine." She replied, moving so she was behind the bar again. "Sure you don`t want anything to drink?" She asked, lifting up another clean glass and looking at Alexis questioningly. Seeing something shiney out of the corner of her eye, she looked down in front of Sky. Seeing the change, she rolled her eyes with a smile and pushed it back towards her.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

purpleraincloud

"Hi, Alexis" She smiled up at the girl she didn't know that well, but liked anyway. "How are you doing?" She noticed the redness of the girls nose and dreading having to walk home. It was so cold here at this time of year, and it always seemed no matter how many coats, or how many socks she was wearing, she was perpetually cold.
At least the butterbeer and the roaring fire warmed her a bit. But the coldness from Stacey chilled her to the bone.
Old sayings about enemies ran through her mind, but she cleared it. She didn't want any of it to play on her face. Finals were over and the pub was warm, huzzah!!
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Alexis

Alexis nodded toward the small platform across the room.  Her eyes sparkled lightly with the overhead lights as she turned back to Stacey, a small smile on her lips.
"Thanks." She said to her.

Alexis turned towards Avalee, looking at her smiling still.
"Hey. I'm good actually.  Although, freezing still."  She replied as her nose was still a light shade of pink from the cold winds.
"How about you?"

((Wow.  Didn't mean to take your whole boldy thing. =[))
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

Sky

Sky laughed and pushed the coins back once more. "Seriously. It's a gift." Sky turned in her seat when Alexis asked her about playing. She nodded.

"Yeah. I play guitar too. Though I can't say I'm very good." She smiled bashfully. "We should play together sometime."

potter_fan122

Stacey rolled her eyes with a smile and pushed half of the coins back, pocketing the others. She figured it was the only way to end that.

"You guys can play here, if you want. Seriously, the boss won`t care." She looked around the bar with her sweeping brown gaze, filling two butterbeers without needing to look at what she was doing. "Honestly, I don`t know what he`s going to do without me here. I do pretty much everything around here." She paused suddenly, realizing that she let it slip that she was no longer going to work at the bar.

Sky

Sky sighed and scooped the coins off of the table and dropped them into her pocket. She just couldn't win.

"I would, but I don't have my guitar." Sky raised a brow. "Why aren't you working at the bar anymore?"

potter_fan122

Stacey looked down at the top of the bar, runnin gher hands over the smooth wood.

"Well, I`m not going to be working here anymore." She started. "Something came up and it`s not really too healthy for me to be around here so much. And working the late shift is kind of getting to me. I`m thinking about getting a job up at the school, though." She spoke quickly, hoping that they wouldn`t question further. It wasn`t like she was hiding the fact that she was pregnant, but she hadn`t planned on telling everyone in town and the school. If she said it in the Three Broomsticks, it was sure to get around pretty fast.

Sky

Sky's head tilted a little to the side, puzzled. It wasn't healthy for her to be here? She looked around the bar. Sure, some wizards were smoking, but it was generally smokeless.  Was Stacey sick?
Sky dared not press further.

"Cool. Virgil just got a job there. And I'll be potions master next Fall."

potter_fan122

Stacey couldn`t help but grin, her white teeth flashing in the dim lighting. *Tell you later.* She thought, pushing it into Sky`s mind while shielding from any others.

"Potions master, that`s really awesome." She said out loud. "I`m going for Charms or Trans. I`d like Defense, but I doubt I`ll get it." She moved her hands under the edge of the bar until she found two small glasses.

((Sky, if you wanna make a topic for you-probably-know-what, I join! >.<))

purpleraincloud

She smiled as the others talked. Avalee crossed her arms trying to stay warm in the bitter cold. She didn't speak, just listened. It was nice to be able to just sit and listen, and not feel as anxious as she usually was. The laughter of others was a little contagious.
It's just another day

Sky

Sky nodded. It must have been important if Stacey couldn't tell her here or outloud.

"I think you'd be the best person for the Defense Job, Stacey." She said. "You know a lot and have a lot of powers too. They need somebody who is knowledgable." Sky finished off her butterbeer and slid off of her seat.

"I'd better get going. I'm going to do some shopping before heading back."

((Alright. I will..o_o))

purpleraincloud

"Bye, Sky, it was nice to see you again." Avalee threw in, generically. She smiled. Did Skiy dislike her too, because of what Stacey had told her? Well she would have hated herself too in Stacey's position, or for that matter, Aiden's.
It's just another day

Sky

Sky had already pushed open the door, a cold breeze bursting through the space between the door and the frame. She turned and smiled.

"Bye Avalee. Nice to see you too." Sky didn't know the girl well, but she seemed like a good person from what she saw. "Maybe I'll see you in Potions." She said, exiting the bar with the bell ringing behind her. Sky would have to teach a lesson here soon.