News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Insomnia <Open>

Started by Sky, January 19, 2010, 04:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

She could never understand how or why, but Sky had a hard time sleeping at night. It was as if her mind wouldn't shut off. All of her thoughts were racing through her head. She laid in her bed in her room, tossing and turning, trying to fall into darkness, but it just wasn't working.

She tore off her blanket and stood up, stretching. She put on a black sweater and gray sweatpants before slipping on her shoes. She knew where she was going and wondered why she always retired there when she couldn't sleep.

The forest had this way of soothing Sky. Of calming her of her jitters and anxieties. The sound of the wind rattling the leaves, the sound of the beasts that roamed the dangerous woodland. Strange that a place said to be incredibly dangerous was her place of comfort.

As Sky walked quietly through the Forbidden Forest, she heard a noise. Footsteps that belonged to something other than an animal. She stopped for a moment to listen and see who was following her.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil was walking through the dusk forest, as he looked down at the mist covering the ground.  Night had always called to him, even back to the days of when he was at Hogwarts, when he would sneak out, even if only for a moment to get out into the night, and see the night sky in all of its glory.

Virgil sighed as the cool night air flew through his hair and he seemed to hear someone ahead of him.  Who else would be out this time of night? he asked himself.

"Is anyone there?" he asked into the seemingly endless black that was the forbidden forest.

Join Amber Ridge.  A College Roleplay.
5 - 20 - 50 - 100 - 125 - 200 - 300 -

Sky

"Yes." Sky called delicately, but loud enough to hear. The wind blew through her soft black hair and nipped at her cheeks. If only Winter would turn into Spring sooner.

She shivered, but smiled as she stared up at the moon, it's white light falling down upon her like a spotlight from the clouds.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil followed the voice through the trees and into a small clearing and saw Sky standing in the middle.  ".. Hey.  I wasn't expecting to see you out at this time of night." he said as he walked over towards her.

Sky

Sky was slightly startled to see Virgil walk into the clearing. But she smiled at him as he walked over.

"I could say the same thing." She said. "Can't sleep?"

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil looked over at Sky before saying "Its not so much that I can't sleep as I just love being out at night.  Its just something I love to do, ever since back at my days here at school." he said.

Sky

Sky nodded, understanding completely. That was partially how she felt. The forest was just beautiful at night. Everything was so alive. And walking through it was almost...exhilerating. Refreshing. She loved it.

"Care to take a walk?" She asked, looking up at him with her soft gray eyes.

Virgil Hendrix

"Lead the way." he said as he stared up into the night sky.  Every star not like the next, but all the same in some form.  It amazed him how they all look so close, but can be so far away, just like people in some ways.

Sky

She noticed he was staring up at the sky, at the stars. The passed off a warm, calm feeling. The adreneline from the forest and the relaxing charm from the stars seemed to blend together to make the right kind of environment.

Sky started walking, staring straight ahead as they walked into darkness. Virgil's figure was barely visable now. Had it not been for his heavy footsteps, she might not have known that he was there.

"How's the teaching job going?" She asked casually.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil followed right behind Sky's mildly calming voice so that he would not get lost in this dense darkness.  "It is going pretty good.  I'm still trying to get used to it.  I like it so far though." 

Virgil looked back into the night sky, as a bright star was shooting across.  He gently grabbed Sky by the arm, and pointed to the star.  "Its  shooting star.  Make a wish." he said.

Sky

Sky had never seen a shooting star before, so when she saw the bright zooming object, she was in awe. "I don't...have anything to wish for." She said softly. Well, there were lots of things. But she was fairly content with life now. But something came to mind. She closed her eyes and mentally said the wish in her head before opening them, the star still just as bright.

"Now you." She said with a grin. It was Virgil's turn to make a wish.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil glanced up into the night sky looking towards the flaming rock shooting across it.  He closed his eyes, and made his mental wish, even though it was very unlikely to come true.

Sky

"So what did ya wish for?" Sky asked, looking over at him curiously. She saw him still focused on the flaming rock and smiled.

Virgil Hendrix

"Well I wished that I.." he said as he quickly stopped himself in mid sentence.  "If I told you, then it wouldn't come true." he then said as he looked back at her.

Sky

Sky nudged him playfully. "Aww c,mon. You don't honestly believe that, do you?" She made a face. "I'll tell you if you tell me."