News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

_beginnings_

Started by potter_fan122, January 19, 2010, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Okay everybody, this is a brand new fan fic continuing the amazingly tragic life of Stacey Gray. This stars in a new place, no Jonathan in this one. At least not for now. If you were all confused at some of my past fics, this is a good place to start again. This is a new beginning for my story, for Stacey and Aiden, and for me. There may be some ideas or language you aren`t comfortable with, and this will probably be your only warning. If you don`t like some thing, tell me and I`ll try to change it up. I hope you like it, though, and if you read, please comment. Thanks and enjoy. ))

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you ever had a really bad headache? One so painful that your teeth hurt at any flicker of light, or a breath of sound made your head swim in agony? Bright spots dancing before your eyes every time you took a step, and almost falling over with dizziness? Have you ever hurt so much that ever the lightest of touch against your skin made you feel like you were going to throw up? The mere thought of having to get up being enough to keep you rooted to the spot?

That was how I was feeling, perched up in the window seat in mine and Aiden`s room on the second story of our home. Outside was cold and miserable looking, the trees all bare and wet and the ground covered with six inches of the evil thing called snow. Everything was a dismal shade of grey, winter having whipped all color from the world. Even though it was only January third and winter had technically just began only two weeks before, everyone was ready for the sun to come out and bring back life. Especially me.

I hated winter-- hated the cold and wet that came with it-- especially today. The sun that reflected off the white of the snow felt like it was piercing into my eyes, and it sent a sliver of pain into my temple. But the thought of turning my head just made me shiver in pain, so I just closed my dark eyes. I was curled up in the little window seat, trying to get warm. I was running a really high fever, but I still felt cold. My knees were pulled up close to my chest and I was holding onto a round, tan little pillow. The window was fogged up with my slow and steady breathing. It was cold here, but I didn`t mind and I certainly didn`t dare move. I had been sitting there motionless since I had gotten home two hours ago.

I was waiting for Aiden to come home, which he would just seconds after five o`clock, using their rather secret form of transporting to get home as fast as possible. He knew that I had gone to St. Mugno`s today. Both having Muggle parents, it was hard for us to keep up with all of the fancy wizard diseases. I had gone to the wizard hospital to have a full blown checkup. It had taken a bit longer than I expected, but they had to do some different tests than I thought they would do. Aiden had offered this morning to take the day off work and go with me, but I had somehow discouraged him from that. I didn`t really like the doctor`s, but I didn`t want Aiden to see her freaking out about needles when I had taken down much scarier monsters.

My head throbbed suddenly and so painfully that I moaned and leaned over so that my forehead rested against the cool glass and my stomach churned in protest of the movement. I thought about those two little pills that I had taken when I had gotten home. The doctor had told me to take some aspirin when I could, and be careful about the dosing, but it wasn`t doing anything for the pain. I had to squint against the soft sun, even though it was setting quickly, as I looked out the window.

My mental clock told me that it was two minutes till five. I knew that I was exactly right without having to look at a clock. My mind was just ticking off the seconds until I could see Aiden again. Even through the pain, the thought of being in Aiden`s arms willed me enough to stand up. I grimaced, head rolling, and tried to ignore the fact that it felt like my head was going to split open with each tentative step I took. I was suddenly immensely glad that the wood floors were new enough that they hardly creaked.

As soon as I made it out of the bedroom and to the stairs a wave of nausea passed over me. I reached out and grasped the railing, one foot on the top stair. The fact that it was a spiral staircase really wasn`t going to help the dizzy part. After about ten long seconds the maddening swirling stopped and I continued down the steps. Every time my foot hit the next stair a shot of pain went through me.

The house had grown dark with the setting of the sun. I shivered-- freezing despite the fact that my skin was a hundred and one degrees-- then winced as a ripple of pain went through me again. The windows didn`t let in hardly any light now that there was no sun, but I closed the curtains with a flick of my wrist. It was almost five, and while I wouldn`t lie to Aiden and say that I was fine, I didn`t want to be cowering in the doorway when he got home.

With that little burst of self-defiance I continued into the living room and clenched my teeth against the throbbing. Then I realized that I was still holding the little pillow from upstairs. I cursed mentally, knowing that there was no way I could walk up there and back, and I wasn`t really in any condition to Apparate or transport. So I just tossed the pillow back towards the stairs and headed over to the couch, sinking into the cushions just as a wave a nausea hit me again. Squeezing the bridge of my nose, I tried to push down the feeling of sickness. With another flick of my hand a row of candles on the coffee table flickered to life, sending a soft light throughout the room.

I stared into the cold, empty fireplace. I was freezing, but even the light of a small fire would cause a lot of pain. I didn`t want to do that. I just wanted to be there when Aiden got home. I closed my eyes and waited for the small pop that would announce my husband`s presence.

Aiden walked through the door exactly a hundred and twelve seconds later, barely opening it as a low creaking sound echoed through the silent house. The house, which was normally very warm and inviting, felt cold and eerie, even to me. Aiden instantly knew the reason, and I felt guilty for not letting him go with me to the hospital. 

He didn't want to go to work today. He would have rather stay home with me knowing she was sick and getting worse. I could tell that he rushed home to arrive home as early as possible. He had been happy when I`d agreed to go see a doctor. I was feeling sick enough to want to get better, but I definitely hadn`t enjoyed the trip.

Aiden closed the door behind him, looking across the front room. He quickly walked over to me, lighting the fireplace as he passed it.  He sat beside me, his forehead having a large crease down the middle which suddenly made him look older.

"Stacey?"

I winced as the light of the fire passed over me. "Hi." I said somewhat cheerfully as Aiden sat beside me. I could feel my eyes change to a bright blue just at the sight of him, even if his forehead was creased with worry. Worry for me, and I felt a little guilty about making him look like that.

"I`m a little better." I said quickly as I reached out and took his hand. "Really, I am." It wasn`t even a lie. It was like a cloud had followed Aiden home and enveloped me. It wasn`t the medicine working, I knew that much, but it was just me and Aiden`s love for each other, the same feeling that made my stomach warmer whenever he was near. I squeezed his hand, then looked down at it with a frown.

His hand was colder than mine. That never happened. My body naturally ran a lower temperature, and his higher. He wasn`t the one who was colder, I was hotter. The fever must be higher now. I sighed and ran her hand across my pink cheeks, also warm. Aiden wrapped his warm fingers around my blazing hot ones. His looked down at my hand, and I think he was looking for something visibly wrong with my hand. Was my fever really that high?

He lifted his dark eyes to look at my face. He searched my eyes, looking for any sign that something was wrong. He could read the pain on my face, but otherwise I knew that he couldn't see anything. I wasn`t hiding it from him, but I felt a lot better all of a sudden. My headache was almost gone, just a dull ache now. Aiden slowly reached his other hand to caress my cheek.

Finally he spoke.
"What did the doctor say?"  He asked. His voice was even, but there was something else there. Something that sounded... well, scared.

I closed my eyes and leaned my cheek against his hand. His cool hand felt really nice against my skin. The doctor said that my fever was unbelievably high, so high that a normal person`s brain cells would have been sizzling, but mine were perfectly fine for some reason. It was a mystery to him, but I knew that it was probably because I had gained some random things from using vampiric powers from my friends.

"Well..." I said softly, opening my bright eyes and moving so I was cross-legged and facing Aiden. I looked down at our hands entwined together, my flushed skin against his pale, warm against cool. I looked up into his eyes, unreasonably dark and full of worry. He should have gone with me today, he had wanted to, I could see that. But for some reason what the doctor had told me made me glad that I went alone. I felt like she held something for him, and I wanted to know what he thought of it.

I lifted my free hand and traced my fingers along his cheek and a slow smile began to flow over my face, my eyes glowing a little brighter.

"Aiden, I`m pregnant."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

potter_fan122

((Sorry about the second post. It wouldn`t all fit in the first.))

Aiden blinked, dumbfounded for a moment. His eyes simply stared at my face, but they seemed to be looking at something that wasn't there. His mouth stood frozen halfway open, and he blinked again.

"What?" He whispered.

His eyes instantly shot down to my stomach, and the thought was clear on his face:
Pregnant?

It took him a moment to realize that he was just staring off into space like a mindless freak. Aiden looked up at my face, his eyes swirling a mix of colors between dark and light brown before settling on a medium color.
"Are you sure?"

I watched him, trying desperately not to bust out giggling or crying. It wasn`t that funny-- or sad-- but for some reason I felt like I had to do one or the other. I just smiled, instead, watching.

Squeezing his hand, I replied, "I`m sure. I mean, yeah... they`re sure." I ran my fingers over the back of his hand. My eyes were glowing a soft blue, bright in the dark room.

Aiden's eyes went wide for a moment until he looked away into the fireplace. Once his expression was composed, he turned to look at me again, and I tried to ignore that. He squeezed my hand ever so lightly. I would`ve given anything to know what he was thinking, but I had promised myself that I wouldn`t look into his mind. It wasn`t fair to him if I did.

Aiden watched my face, finally noticing that I was smiling. He looked confused for a moment, but he glanced away for a moment and when he looked back the expression was gone.

"And... you're okay with this?" He asked, leaning forward, closer to me.

My face slowly dropped and it was my turn to look away away. I playing with his fingers absentmindedly.

I thought about his question. It wasn`t like we hadn`t not tried, but we hadn`t exactly talked about it before. This was why I was glad he hadn`t gone with me. This was why I didn`t call him right after I got home. I had wanted time to think about it, and the two hours I had still didn`t seem like enough. Was I okay with it?

Sighing, I ran her hand through her hair again, ignoring the sharp stab of pain it sent through me.
"I... I don`t know." I answered truthfully. "It... it just seems so-- so soon." My voice cracked and I had the sudden urge to cry, and cry now.

Aiden pressed his lips into a straight line, and he tilted his head to one side in that familiar way. He pulled me gently towards him, and layed back. He was careful about it, like he was worried about breaking me. He pressed his fingers to me cheek, and turned my head towards him so he could see my face. So many thoughts ran through my mind at once, but right now all I could focus on was his face.

"It does seem so soon... so unexpected."  He replied, his voice quiet.
Aiden searched my eyes for something to say. He looked like he noticed that I was about to cry.

"I think we're going to be, though, we always are." He added quickly. They were words that we had said to each other whenever we needed it. The familiarity of it made me smile a little.

I sniffled and rested my head against his shoulder. Closing my eyes, I breathed in deeply. My pain was momentarily forgotten, Aiden`s worry working much better than any medicine could.

"We`ll be okay." I murmured, pushing back my tears. My head was spinning slightly. I had hoped that once Aiden got home everything would be okay. I had hoped that he would know what to do, even though I knew it wasn`t right to push that much on him. Then I remembered something.

"Um, Aiden... there`s something else...."

I felt him stiffen, noticing her tone, and I couldn`t help but wonder if he was thinking, more?

Aiden looked down, unable to see my face. His eyes swirled dark, and I winced again when I realized that I had caused it.

"What?"  He replied, his voice slow and quiet.

I chewed the inside of her cheek, my eyes swirling between grey and purple. I thought about my twin brother Hayden. I hadn`t talked to him since the wedding, but I was more than fine with that. He was too much like my mother to be much fun, and we weren`t really comfortable around each other yet.

"Well, there`s...." I paused, wondering how he would react. For the shortest moment, I didn`t want to tell him, feeling suddenly defensive about the small beings inside of me. But the feeling was quickly washed away.

"Twins."

_end of part one

Sky

Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump! =D

Alexis

Good ending to the first part.
Even though I've already read all this before, I still think it's entertaing, and I think it's fun to read from Stacey's POV.
<3

Oh, and BUMP!
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

Aiden froze, his whole body stiff with what looked like shock. His mouth dropped and he let out a gust of breath. His eyes swirled another round of colors between black and dark brown.

"Twins?"  Aiden repeated so quietly that it looked like he mouthed the words.

Aiden looked down at my stomach again , eyes wide. He moved reached out his hand out to touch my tummy, and for some reason I held my breath.  After a moment`s hesitation he pulled his hand back into his own lap and I exhaled softly. For some reason I was hurt by that. Did he feel repulsed by the fact that I was pregnant?

*Of course he isn`t. He`s just shocked.* A more sensible voice in my head called out to me, trying to get me to understand. I shivered slightly and cautiously up into Aiden`s eyes.

"How long?" He asked, looking down to me.

"You`re not going to hurt me. Really, I feel a lot better now." I leaned back to look into his face, hoping he would see it was the truth. There was a large part of me that wanted him to reach out to my stomach and be happy about all of it, but there was another part just as big that wondered what he was really thinking.

"Three weeks." I whispered.

Aiden reached his hand out further, his fingertips touching my belly. He ran them across my stomach once before resting his entire hand gently against my middle. He looked at the back of his hand for a long time before looking at me again. I smiled, feeling a warmth spread through me that had nothing to do with my fever.

"What're you thinking now?"  Aiden asked desperately, looking into my dark eyes. I didn`t respond for a moment.

"Well, to be honest with you, I was thinking that you`re going to be a great father." I said softly. He would make a good father. He was bent on taking care of me, no matter what. He was always there for me. I was positive that he would be a good dad.

Aiden blinked slowly and took a few slow, deep breaths. After a few moments he cleared his throat.
"I hope so."  He whispered as he looked down at his hands.

I leaned forward and wrapped her arms around my husband, my hot cheek against his chest.

"You`ll be fine, we both will. We`ve got enough money, we both have good jobs and cars. If we ever need anything, I`m sure my parents would be more than happy to help." I squeezed his hand again, breathing in his special smell. It still hadn`t really hit me yet that she was.... pregnant. Just like it had taken a while for me to realize that she was really going to marry Aiden. It had taken a while to sink in, and the day I was walking down the aisle was when I really realized that I was getting married.

My thoughts were interupted by the sudden urge to puke. I pushed away from Aiden, my hand over my mouth and my eyes a gross green. I moaned and closed my eyes, feeling terribly sick.

"Are you okay?" Aiden asked with a worried tone, his eyes searching my face.

I shook my head and ran the fingers of my free hand through my hair. "I just... need to get some fresh air." I replied quickly, jumping up and heading for the front door. I pushed it open and and stepped outside. My headache seemed to be gone, but the feeling of nausea was just sickening. I had to lean against the doorframe, suddenly dizzy again. I just felt so sick. I wanted to throw up, but it felt like I couldn`t.

Aiden came up behind me and put his hand on my back and the other on my hip, supporting me if I needed it.
"Are you okay?  Do you need anything?"

The cold air felt amazing, probably because of the fever. As fresh air washed over me the need to throw up slowly went away. I took slow, deep breaths and tried to calm my body down. My heart was racing and a cold sweat was appearing on my skin.

"I`m fine, just.... God, hormones already?" I asked with an irritated frown.

Aiden kept his hand firmly on my waist, keeping me steady as he watched my expression to see if I was okay. He ran his other hand across my back soothingly. He really did look out for me all of the time. He deserved a lot more credit than people gave him. If it wasn`t for him, I`d probably have gone crazy by now.

His eyebrow raised curiously.
"Already?  Is this too soon or something?" He asked cautiously. He didn`t sound worried or nervous anymore, just... anxious. That made me feel a little better. Maybe he wouldn`t freak out about me being pregnant. I wasn`t sure how I felt about it yet, but I was, well, excited.

I wrinkled my nose like I always did and thought back to what the doctor had said to me. Ten days, that`s how long it took for hormones to be noticeable. It had been three weeks, but this was the very first time I had really felt anything. I coudn`t say I liked the side-effects.

"No," I assured Aiden quickly before he could freak out, "No, just too soon for my liking." I took his hands and squeezed them, gladly sighing when the wave of sickness finally seemed to let go of me. I actually felt really good all of a sudden, and kind of hungry. Wow. Talk about mood swings. I really hope it`s not going to be like that for the next eight months.

_end of part two

Sky

Alexis

If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...